What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R27 Knights game.

justadragon

Bench
Why is Toby Couchman not in the starting side. With the amount of players rested and injured by the Knights if we dont win this, it will be another embarrassing day for the club, that goes on top of all the other embarrassing days we have already had this season. 80 more minutes and its finally over, cant come quick enough.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
are you just copy pasting the same unhinged WWE post every week? We get it dude.
Is the truth making your butt hurt Mr PVL or are you Mr Abdo?

Your reply to another respected forum member is quoted below:-

"So what would you have them do? Play for an amount that you decide is worthy of stomaching, or for a club that you deem acceptable? Feels like you're the one having it both ways. If you can't "simply stomach it" then I'm afraid this particular professional sport is not the right entertainment for you - but there are hundreds of thousands, if not millions, who make it financially viable for the players to earn that kind of money. I think they're worth it, certainly worth more than the eye-watering amounts elite soccer players earn - especially given the brutality of this sport. Feel free to join your boomer mate Old Timer watching some brickies and gyprockers put a granny flat up. Sounds as riveting as an Anthony Griffin commentary stint"

The funniest thing that you had me in stitches PMSL Mr PVL or Mr Abdo was that you quoted this farce as a "sport"?

However, you are 100% correct that it is professional entertainment (business now) "professional sport is not the right entertainment for you" ........... it's not a sport but simply staged entertainment akin to the WWE!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Is the truth making your butt hurt Mr PVL or are you Mr Abdo?

Your reply to another respected forum member is quoted below:-

"So what would you have them do? Play for an amount that you decide is worthy of stomaching, or for a club that you deem acceptable? Feels like you're the one having it both ways. If you can't "simply stomach it" then I'm afraid this particular professional sport is not the right entertainment for you - but there are hundreds of thousands, if not millions, who make it financially viable for the players to earn that kind of money. I think they're worth it, certainly worth more than the eye-watering amounts elite soccer players earn - especially given the brutality of this sport. Feel free to join your boomer mate Old Timer watching some brickies and gyprockers put a granny flat up. Sounds as riveting as an Anthony Griffin commentary stint"

The funniest thing that you had me in stitches PMSL Mr PVL or Mr Abdo was that you quoted this farce as a "sport"?

However, you are 100% correct that it is professional entertainment (business now) "professional sport is not the right entertainment for you" ........... it's not a sport but simply staged entertainment akin to the WWE!!!!!!!!!!!
“Certainly worth more than elite soccer players “
Haaa cannot even compare the two sports.
With all due respect Rugby league is a poor man’s football played by a handful of countries whereas soccer is the world football played by almost every country in the world.The World Cup takes 4 years to get down to 32 countries to compete. The RL World Cup is a farce in comparison where they have to beg to get a a few pacific island teams to compete.
It generates countless billions of dollars/ euros compared to f**k all.
Please leave the real football out of any comparisons to RL.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
With all due respect Rugby league is a poor man’s football played by a handful of countries whereas soccer is the world football played by almost every country in the world.The World Cup takes 4 years to get down to 32 countries to compete. The RL World Cup is a farce in comparison where they have to beg to get a a few pacific island teams to compete.
Hi RR,

I agree 100%.

It wasn't me stating that though. It was a direct quote from some troll called "Victoire", I think this person is either PVL or Abdo based on many of his posts and comments.

Victoire

Juniors
Meh. It's boring and everyone dives all the time. Not for me.

But that's not really the point I was making. The pay a player receives is not a reflection of quality/worthiness of the work - it's merely a reflection of free market capitalism. Soccer players are worth the money because, as you say, they generate that revenue. Ditto with NRL players, albeit on a (cruelly, imo) smaller scale

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Meh. It's boring and everyone dives all the time.
I think the diving is a professional sport ploy I notice that RL players are getting good at it as well
Don’t get me started on it being boring you must be tunnel visioned
Tell that to all the fans that turned up and tuned into the Matildas
And tell that to everyone in Europe that watches the Epl, SerieA, La Liga etc etc
Millions upon millions compared to a handful in Aust and the uk
That’s it you can’t win this one whoever you are

Victoire

Juniors
I think the diving is a professional sport ploy I notice that RL players are getting good at it as well
Don’t get me started on it being boring you must be tunnel visioned
Tell that to all the fans that turned up and tuned into the Matildas
And tell that to everyone in Europe that watches the Epl, SerieA, La Liga etc etc
Millions upon millions compared to a handful in Aust and the uk
That’s it you can’t win this one whoever you are
Millions watched the Avatar movies too. Doesn't make them good.