What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R27 Knights game.

thebigredv

First Grade
Flanno has his hands full with this shitshow can’t see to much changing unless there are decent replacements coming in and a whole new attitude towards playing footy and with each other
Which player in their right mind is watching the Dragons get flogged against Knights 2s tonight and thinking “oh I want to go there”. Players want to be associated with success - it helps them gain financially and attain personal and professional career goals to play at a good club.

mark my words. I’ve seen enough to know Flanno is screwed. He will be alone in his determination to turn the club around. This will be a recurring nightmare. Now that we’ve had a good look at the likes of Amone, Sloan and the so so young forwards it’s confirmed. Our very own current captain has openly communicated he feels the club is going nowhere.

The Broncos, with a whole city population behind them, we’re not going to allow their slump to continue any longer than two years. They got Ikin and also went all out in recruitment and scouting of juniors. Their pride would not let them be disgraced any longer than they had to. WE HAVE NO FREAKIN PRIDE.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Well folks, what a useless year it has been and the guys rounded it off with one of their shittiest performances of the year. Carr cannot give any credit to the guys and the sooner we get rid of so many players the better. Not one deserves to wear the RedV jumper.

Congrats to the Knights. They played to ready themselves to play finals footy without several of their better players. If Ponga was fit and played, they would have reached 50 tonight.

I honestly cannot see us turning things around next year. We just don't have the basis of a good team. If we had a good team, we would only need a couple of changes but at this stage we need to change stacks because who we have and look like retaining are just second rate. Not one of our players has the ability to change the course of a game in our favour.

We only won 5 games this year - bloody terrible. It shows that our defence was horrible and our attack was shit.

Flanagan, you silly idiot. Why in hell do you want to punish yourself? Coaching the Dragons to be successful would be such a ,massive job. Good Luck.

twinkletoes

Juniors
I watched the first 2 minutes….first set of six penalty for offside… second set of six… six again and from ensuing set Burns had a pathetic arm grab allowing the first try. That was enough for me and told me what the night ahead would be…such a dumb dumb team

Dragons4me

Juniors
Well folks, what a useless year it has been and the guys rounded it off with one of their shittiest performances of the year. Carr cannot give any credit to the guys and the sooner we get rid of so many players the better. Not one deserves to wear the RedV jumper.

Congrats to the Knights. They played to ready themselves to play finals footy without several of their better players. If Ponga was fit and played, they would have reached 50 tonight.

I honestly cannot see us turning things around next year. We just don't have the basis of a good team. If we had a good team, we would only need a couple of changes but at this stage we need to change stacks because who we have and look like retaining are just second rate. Not one of our players has the ability to change the course of a game in our favour.

We only won 5 games this year - bloody terrible. It shows that our defence was horrible and our attack was shit.

Flanagan, you silly idiot. Why in hell do you want to punish yourself? Coaching the Dragons to be successful would be such a ,massive job. Good Luck.

Too true DD. Where the f**k does Flanno start? We are so off the pace compared to the rest it's not funny.

Rocket Rod

Juniors

At least it’s a job I guess
Good pay with zero expectations

denis preston

First Grade
One can absolutely understand what Hunt was on about with Flanagan , give me at least 5 or more class players to stay. Hunt tried his guts out tonight and the difference between him and the rest of the team was as if he was a Martian and the rest were bad NRL players. It was reality game for me with about at least 6 who played tonight should never see NRL again.

Saint Angelo

Juniors
Like everyone else has mentioned, this has absolutely been the worst season in our history.

I can’t blame the players because they don’t pick themselves every week.

Griffin and the rest of the clowns that signed all these nobodies over the last few years have destroyed our great club.

thebigredv

First Grade
Y
One can absolutely understand what Hunt was on about with Flanagan , give me at least 5 or more class players to stay. Hunt tried his guts out tonight and the difference between him and the rest of the team was as if he was a Martian and the rest were bad NRL players. It was reality game for me with about at least 6 who played tonight should never see NRL again.
Yep. As I’ve stated previously, I get fans are dirty on Ben Hunt but he seems to be directly bringing attention on the lack of volition and motivation for success that we poses as a club. He is our best player with his own weaknesses. Whether he stays or goes is of lesser consequence - but we desperately need him to be the catalyst to change and landing some talent. That’s the only upside.
Alas, no signatures yet.

I was at the game tonight,and like so many others thought we were really in with a chance. I thought they'd come out firing and show the fans what sort of team they could be. Well they did that-what a pathetic performance by maybe our worst team ever. We were down 12-0 after 10 mins and never recovered. So a few thoughts-
Billy Burns-won the pathetic trophy tonight-2 lousy tackles (lol- arm brushes) to let in 2 tries and dropped the ball a few times-definately not 1st grade material and needs to go
Suli- no wonder Manly let him go-cant defend and is 1-dimensional in attack-cant pass either. Got to go to the forwards or just leave
Feagai- showed once again his total lack of defense skills and lack of speed-enough said-just go
BMM and Molo-just cant break the line and no 2nd phase passes. Piss both off too
Amone-did basically nothing all night-not sure what to do there-hopefully the judge will sort that out for us
We made stupid mistakes at the worst time possible-we had 13 vs 12 till Lawrie does an utter stupidity and got binned too. Just unbelievable how average we are
De Belin tried hard all night,but again dropped the ball at a crucial time.
Our best by far was Hunt and he was really trying to get things moving with almost no support at certain times.He put one kick through which absolutely no-one followed through with. We could see him yelling to the guys with little success. No wonder he wants out-half this team arent 1st grade standard and i hope Flanagan ditches them.
All around me in the stands you could see the disappointment, as yet another chance slipped by. I hoped to be able to bag them as they come off but even that wasnt possible, because they didnt even leave the field as a team. A lot of supporters ive known for years said they wont be back next year, because at $240 for 5 games at Kogarah , their heart just isnt in it anymore. Its an expensive exercise to watch your money being wasted on players who dont put in or couldnt even care.
Its not the St George i remember