What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R5 Knights.

Thanks to a dismal Points differential we sit 13th on the ladder but the reality is that we are one win behind top of the table.
We have a great record in Newcastle 18 from 23
Frizell out is an additional bonus for us.
It truly is a winnable game that we MUST get
It's the bloody weather that's the biggest worry - Have no idea if its advantageous or not.

justadragon

Bench
She let the Cowboys have a short ten and be off-side all game!
Well I must have been watching something else, what I saw was the Dragons blowing a 18-4 lead, the Dragons blowing at least 4 try scoring opportunities including RFM which was the worst, and then Townsend carrying 3 of our players at least 6m to score just to name a few. I like watching games through my red and white glasses as well but at some stage I do have to be realistic about what a shit show we were. Anyway onto the Knights game, with horrendous conditions it will be a slog down the middle no trying to get around them, and as is the case in these games it will be close, Dragons by 2 .

Dragon David

First Grade
A tough encounter for both sides considering how both teams have been playing and made harder with the dreaded rain and water logged ground conditions. There wont be any let up today I believe so the ball will be slippery and it will be a hard slog.

I am going for a win by us provided our ball security is better than the Knights and we make fewer mistakes.

Draginzaaar

Bench
heading to NZ today so will miss watching the lads for the first time in years - feeling more confident now Friz is out, he’s been a beast all season. Dragons 18-10, tries to Sloan, Lomax (who I’m expecting to have a big game) & Liddle
Going to the game tonight but not looking forward to it. Bought tickets in GA before checking the weather. Won't be as bad as the 8-1 game V Parra at Kogarah a few years ago that I drove 3 hours to get there for.

dragon thomo

Juniors
I wonder if they may play Lomax at fullback in defence. With heavy rain ball control will be vital
I watches the Knights last week and their defence on the edges was fragile. I believe we can get them with our back rowers on the edges.

kit66

Bench
I wonder if they may play Lomax at fullback in defence. With heavy rain ball control will be vital
I watches the Knights last week and their defence on the edges was fragile. I believe we can get them with our back rowers on the edges.

We can't hold the ball when it's dry so it's scary to think what could happen when it's p-p-persisting down.
They might surprise us and show some respect for ball control in the wet.

I'm hoping we don't once again fall down after a good win like round 2. Our defence was more cohesive last week. People say Manly handed us the game with so many errors (actually it was 15 all there) but they still threw a lot at us and had plenty of help with 6 agains and penalties and dud calls against us - I'm convinced Rav's foot was off the ground when he scored - the front on shot showed it pretty clearly.
Anyway, the boys have had 4 games together now and should have built up some match fitness plus we hate Newi, shoulder charging bastards that they are so it's time we put away the St George good guy knight in shining armour side of us and unleash the beast, the fire breathing Dragon and combine that with a bit of Illawarra Steel and take it charging up the highway and leave a path of destruction on our way back into the 8 where we belong !!!!
Yaaaarghhh ha ha ha !!!

Newi when we're done with them.......

artworks-000037377502-sje047-t500x500.jpg

Not to throw a spanner in the works, dragon thomo. I seem to recall when Zac played fullback albeit one or two games or whatever it was, he was very ordinary under the high ball. Zac is great attacking the high ball, but defensively I’m not so sure. Just my opinion.

Dragon David

First Grade
Not to throw a spanner in the works, dragon thomo. I seem to recall when Zac played fullback albeit one or two games or whatever it was, he was very ordinary under the high ball. Zac is great attacking the high ball, but defensively I’m not so sure. Just my opinion.
I recall when Sloan was injured during his Koori game late last year, Flanno had Lomax training in the full back spot. When Sloan recovered from his injury, he had a bit of fitness catching up to do but he did and when the trials came around Sloan went to full back as he was virtually over his injury and Flanno put Lomax to wing. I don't think that Flanno thought that Lomax was that crash hot at full back during the off season training and he could see that he was better on the wing and not at centre as well.

A good coach can see how a player is going and where he should be positioned rather than for the player thinking that he is better in the position he has always held in the past. Lomax played so much centre as we know but he wasn't killing it. We said that he needed early ball etc and that was a reason for his lack of making breaks but he did get plenty of early ball and was not killing it as I said.

We now know that Lomax has wanted out of the club for sometime and Flanno putting him on the wing wasn't to say "stuff you Lomax". It was a coach's decision to put the best 17 in the team list and Lomax was best to be a winger and Bird at centre (Flanno has been able to get plenty of what Bird was able to do in that position when at the Sharks).

When Lomax was used as a fullback a while back, he wasn't that great anyway and I think that Flanno knows this.

Latest posts