What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R7 // Knights 6-32 Broncos @ Hunter // Good Fri 7.40pm

Round 7 result :: Knights vs Broncos

• Them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after golden point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Swarzey

Bench
One thing on Houston playing Rochow's minutes, I had faith that Rochow would pass the ball or at least make the most of the opportunities he had out wide. Houston up the middle is decent, I don't have any issues. But 80 minutes on the edge where he restricts what Rochow did so well last year is just not working and is hindering BJ and McManus' opportunities.

Dave_

Juniors
Our forwards were embarrassing, Houston in particular is a dead set burden on our team and Gidley has to go. Snowden was sorely missed and and Boyd is just not Newcastle, he's an absolute skirt that's not fit to wear our colours.

If major changes aren't made to personnel and playing style, we won't just miss the 8, we'll get the spoon shoved up our backside. Whatever Wayne's trying to do isn't working, we're NOT improving and the game plan doesn't suit our roster.

Hard decisions need to be made NOW and quality props need to be signed or the season is forfeit. Simple as that.

Burns

First Grade
Soooooo, we have the Bulldogs next week down there. I would like to think we can bounce back, but well you know, it is us.

Noname36

First Grade
We have massive forward issues and it gets highlighted against good defensive sides. Seriously Sims and Mason were the only ones I would actually pay tonight.

Brisbane were just too good for us in defense. Nothing else to say really.

Except...Houston is just the worst. His selection was justified last week I guess but he was back to his worst tonight. He has zero ability to beat anyone in attack and on top of that he misses crucial tackles and is a penalty magnet. Classic House tonight. f**k him off for good when Snowy (Christ didn't we miss him?!) gets back. He can take Boyd with him. We really needed him to stand up tonight but he did nothing.

We're obviously not going to make the 8 but that was clear to me after we lost our first 3 straight.

Spot On

Coach
Brisbane got up off their line for the entire game and gave it to us. We didn't. Even Ben Hunt is now running the ball down a short blindside and puttinv blokes through the line and that is simply inexcusable.

We have a bloke run through the line, make a half break or offload and we have no f**king runners or support or shape to take advantage.

Darius Boyd could sniff around in behind our play the ball and support a little but he's nowhere to be seen.

Clydesdale definitely needs more minutes now. Just 10 more each week please Wayne.

I love what Mullo does for us in defence and with the boot but Hunt made him look second rate with the ball in hand tonight. Not a good advertisement for origin for him.

Apey

Staff member
Honestly didn't think Gidley was that bad, actually had us on the front foot at some stages. I suppose though it says a lot about him when I think he's had a decent game by just not being completely awful.

aqua_duck

Coach
Look it's a long season and you're not going to be at your best for every game but the good sides still make it a tough contest even when they're having an off day, we on the other hand simple clock off early and shut up shop

Spot On

Coach
Darius just trying hard to avoid injury to be fit for Origin. Did the same thing the past 2 seasons. Pulls the QLD jersey on, scores a few tries, wins another series and then comes back to us a different player.

Cat!

Zoidberg

First Grade
For the first time this season I have zero hope in this team to make the top 8. What I saw out there was something that I just can't even put in words. They looked like a team that had no passion, no spark, no determination.

I could rant on and on about how shit half of our squad is because really tonight's issues came down to 3 or 4 players doing absolutely dead shit decisions and unfortunately Mullen just isn't 100% and isn't backing himself.

There's something missing. No idea what it is but if this team doesn't find it in the next few weeks then we're absolutely f**ked.

Totally agree.

The thing is, we can usually blames poor completions or dumb penalties for a loss. 85% completion and we won the penalty count 8-4. We have no excuses for tonight's loss. We played boring and dumb in attack, how many last tackles did we stuff up, and our online defence was soft.

Good or bad, I think it's mainly a mental thing. We can change that in a week. But Wayne needs to get them to do it now.

Swarzey

Bench
Lets just hope the boys dig next week and put up a decent display against the Dogs and make the most of the rep weekend, especially those who aren't selected for City/Country or the Test match. The rest could do wonders for some blokes.

It's been a heartbreaking season thus far, I don't blame them for being mentally f**ked.

Spot On

Coach
Barba was blithering mess coming into this game and not once did we throw the ball high. We gave him some nice little confidence builders to help him out and get him into the game. I don't get that.

Swarzey

Bench
I thought Mullen's kicking game was going to tear him to shreds.

Another reason to believe he's not fit.

And f**k, I love Jeremy Smith but he was invisible. Saw him pop up in defence here and there but not once did I hear them mention him in the call. Then again, with such a Brisbane driven call team I'm surprised half our players were noted.

aqua_duck

Coach
Lets just hope the boys dig next week and put up a decent display against the Dogs and make the most of the rep weekend, especially those who aren't selected for City/Country or the Test match. The rest could do wonders for some blokes.

It's been a heartbreaking season thus far, I don't blame them for being mentally f**ked.

f**k that, they're professional footballers, the keyword being 'professional'. After what happened to Alex the players could have responded one of 2 ways, lifted for him and put in performances to be proud of, instead we've mostly folded like bad hand in poker.

Spot On

Coach
I thought Mullen's kicking game was going to tear him to shreds.

Another reason to believe he's not fit.

He's obviously not 100% but I wrote in the Broncs thread before the match that it's not part of our game plan to use the high ball. Fit or not I don't think we were ever going to attempt to make it an uncomfortable night for Barba.

Swarzey

Bench
He's obviously not 100% but I wrote in the Broncs thread before the match that it's not part of our game plan to use the high ball. Fit or not I don't think we were ever going to attempt to make it an uncomfortable night for Barba.

We used the high ball too often IMO. Should have kept it low and have it sit up in front of him.

Spot On

Coach
f**ken what?????? What do you call a high ball?????? I don't call a delicate loft into the air a high ball.

Swarzey

Bench
:lol: Then what do you call a high ball? Any kick that hangs in their air for a good bit is a high ball in my books.

Kick them low, find ground on 99% of them. Only put them high to the wingers. Unless I missed them, I thought the majority of the kicks were high.

Spot On

Coach
Lol.

We definitely are not on the same page. Have a look at the footage of the bombs Barba has had trouble with the past fortnight and you'll see a huge difference. They are by no means delicate lofts. They were kicked as high as could be for one purpose only. And they succeeded.

He was even hinting he should be in reserve grade his confidence was so low. He was asking to be put out of his misery but we took it easy on him.

That mindset really showed through most things we did tonight.