What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R7 // Knights 6-32 Broncos @ Hunter // Good Fri 7.40pm

Round 7 result :: Knights vs Broncos

• Them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after golden point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perverse

Referee
Our defence was nowhere near as good as Brisbanes tonight. We made some dumb choices when it counted, and when we chanced our arm, it never came off. Very forgettable night.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Darius is such a classy player but he has practically zero toughness or tenacity. As soon as the going gets tough he disappears and pussies out

perverse

Referee
Yeah, pissed with Darius again tonight. Houston... just f**k off to NSW cup again please.

We need Mullen at 100% too, he's obviously not comfortable out there.

I also feel like everything that could go wrong tonight, did... and every play we made, particularly the two to Mamo off Mullos boot, we would usually score from on a good day.

Credit to the Broncos tonight, too. They were really good in defence and took every opportunity we gave them in the first half.

Last edited:

Misanthrope

Staff member
Darius, Gidley, and House really need time in reserves. It's insane that they're still getting picked each week.

Wayne said he had players 'on notice'. I'd love to see him actually do something about it.

perverse

Referee
To be honest I think Mamo could have scored from both of Mullos kicksif he was standing wider. He seemed to be marking his opposite in attack as well as defence.

Was good other than that, and it's a harsh criticism.

Whats Doing

Bench
The forwards were soft and BJ must be the dumbest centre going around.

They just cannot compete for 80 minutes with a team that is strong defensively.

Time to clean out most of the forwards except for Beau, Sims and Snowy as we are too old and slow and we need forwards who are mentally tough.

I said after round 1 that we will not make the 8 and nothing has changed my mind.

Burns

First Grade
We had more of the ball, had more penalties, completed 86% of out sets and made less errors and tackles. Yet, we were held over the line three or four times and completely failed seize our chances. Felt like every time they were on our goal line they would produce a try whereas we would panic and throw the ball out to Houston who would kill our momentum.

We were a very frustrated football team tonight.

Whats Doing

Bench
We had more of the ball, had more penalties, completed 86% of out sets and made less errors and tackles. Yet, we were held over the line three or four times and completely failed seize our chances. Felt like every time they were on our goal line they would produce a try whereas we would panic and throw the ball out to Houston who would kill our momentum.

We were a very frustrated football team tonight.

Thats where we are mentally weak.

aqua_duck

Coach
Need some new life in the pack, Houston and Gids are done, simple as that, I'd replace them with Joseph Tapine and Hilder, Hilder isn't brilliant by any means but he knows his limitations. I'd love to promote a few more boys but most of the NYC forwards are first year guys besides Tapine.

Burns

First Grade
True, especially towards the end when the floodgates kinda started to open.

In the wider scheme of things even if we are to make a run for the top 8, these solid losses aren't going to help our for and against.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I can cop House in the front row but it is just a hiding to nothing playing him out wide. We have seen this for years and yet Wayne still puts him out there

Im terribly vexed

Swarzey

Bench
For the first time this season I have zero hope in this team to make the top 8. What I saw out there was something that I just can't even put in words. They looked like a team that had no passion, no spark, no determination.

I could rant on and on about how shit half of our squad is because really tonight's issues came down to 3 or 4 players doing absolutely dead shit decisions and unfortunately Mullen just isn't 100% and isn't backing himself.

There's something missing. No idea what it is but if this team doesn't find it in the next few weeks then we're absolutely f**ked.