What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R7 Sat - Panthers v Raiders *Spoilers*

Walt Flanigan

Referee
They said on the Footy Show this morning that last night the Raiders fielded the most inexperienced team this season. So to win and win big was a fantastic effort.

Dave Q

Coach
I think its accepted that Elliot had brought and developed players who played against and beat his Panthers last night.

The extent of that influence remains under question here.

legend

Coach
I think the Raiders players knew the type of game plan Elliott would prepare and used that to their advantage.

Elliott should be doing a lot more with the cattle he has and he has nowhere to hide now does he???

Inexperience and youth can't be used as excuses anymore when you have half your team as rep players.

smitty

Juniors
legend said:
I think the Raiders players knew the type of game plan Elliott would prepare and used that to their advantage.

Elliott should be doing a lot more with the cattle he has and he has nowhere to hide now does he???

Inexperience and youth can't be used as excuses anymore when you have half your team as rep players.

i think Elliot needs to come up with a different style of play, i dont think his "complex structure" works for penrith at the moment. our strengths this year have come about from having forwards bust easy yards up the middle, maybe we need to go back to basics?

anyway, who to tip out of the dragons and the panthers next week, geeeez toss a coin

Y2Eel

First Grade
legend said:

Yeah Elliots game plan to his players last night was "When in your own half dont hold onto the ball and give away stupid penalties, and yeh remeber last weekend when melbourne scored 2 easy tries from dummy half on our line let the raiders score 2 easy tries aswell"

Your a genious Legend ;-)

He copped alot last year from the raiders fans with the same side you have now and didnt you guys finish seventh?

Raider_69

Post Whore
elliott is a novice coach, he was out done by a far superior coach with a far less fancied line up. Sums one, M.Elliott up nicely imo

mxlegend99

Referee
The loss had nothing to do with Elliot. It's not the style of attack that is the issue, we've seen it work extremely well against Dogs and Broncos. It's the players screwing it up.

It's not the coaches fault when a player knocks it on. We've been doing the same crap for 3 years. We play pathetic against sides we should steam roll. We drop the ball, we get hammered with penalties and we don't show any sense of urgency, and basically look as though we're waiting for things to turn our way.

And let's face it... Gower and Wallace are a crappy halves combination. Our kicking game is pathetic.

legend

Coach
I thought Luke Lewis was your best player until he went off. Had he stayed on I think it would have been a lot closer.

He seems a lot angrier as well.

Raider Ultra

Bench
Maybe you lose to teams you should 'steamroll' because you have a pathetic heartless team and a clueless coach. The Panthers put on the worst performance I've seen from any team this season last night. Good crowd to boot.

I thought Canberra played pretty sh*thouse but showed glimpses of gold. What about Costigan hitting the ball up and smashing Wallace 20m backwards twice!

Y2Eel

First Grade
Raider Ultra said:
Maybe you lose to teams you should 'steamroll' because you have a pathetic heartless team and a clueless coach. The Panthers put on the worst performance I've seen from any team this season last night. Good crowd to boot.

I dont know about that Canberra V Cronulla/Roosters/Eels Could be classed as the worst performances so far by any team...

bluesbreaker

Bench
Why is there no 20 page thesis' on Luke Priddis thinking he's bigger than the game? He dog shots a bloke, gets shaken by two fairy taps, then argues with the ref and sideline officials about it for the rest of the game. Dissent that bad toward the ref is a lot worse than calling a touchjudge a merkin. Should be looking at 2 weeks on the sideline, that was the precident set right?

bluesbreaker

Bench
btw, congrats to Canberra. Look like a real dangerous team for the next few years. Good on that canberra hooker for showing Priddis to be the little cat that he is.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Y2Eel said:
I dont know about that Canberra V Cronulla/Roosters/Eels Could be classed as the worst performances so far by any team...

The Roosters??

We won that game Tiger, in fact we put 38 on them.

Walt Flanigan said:
The Roosters??

We won that game Tiger, in fact we put 38 on them.

Yes, and apparently the panthers have more of a chance at the premiership than the raiders do if you listen to that dude. Ah clueless :roll:
Both the raiders and penrith have more chance of a premiership than that parra mob do this season, and for any season that one B.Finch is playing in their side.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Schif_Happens said:
Yes, and apparently the panthers have more of a chance at the premiership than the raiders do if you listen to that dude. Ah clueless :roll:
Both the raiders and penrith have more chance of a premiership than that parra mob do this season, and for any season that one B.Finch is playing in their side.
Panthers have no chance i tipped them for the spoon..

If canberra play consistent footy they could make the 8..

Y2Eel

First Grade
Walt Flanigan said:
Yeah nice try mate, you stuffed up.

umm no i did watch the roosters raiders game.. get your head outta the clouds or your ass one or the other...

Latest posts