What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R8 FNF — Brisbane v South Sydney — *SPOILERS*

The Difference in the game was Beau Champion, not even joe williams, his drop balls from bomb led to repeat sets from the broncos, and a eventual try.

Sutton did awfully well to even get to the ball in the dying seconds, i believe he is alot quicker than most people think.

Roy Asotasi proved his worth tonight, probably the only souths player who played well for a scrappy side.

Could this be the call up for Eddie Paea ???, he played extremely well last week against the lions in PL.

Joe Williams first 40 was outstanding, last 40 was as if a prop was playing halfback, had no co-ordination what-so-ever, was it because of the determined defense by the broncos, or he is cockeyed i dont know.

Well done bonks !!!!!

melon....

Coach
Its all turning around hey Souths fans? We will finish higher than you in this our hundredth season........again

melon.... said:
Its all turning around hey Souths fans? We will finish higher than you in this our hundredth season........again

interesting prediction, the only win that yous got was against a side that didnt eat there weet-bix.

we have played poorly the last 2 games, the difference 2 points and 4 points, everytime you play poorly, yous get beaten by 16 points at least.

Our Defense is 100 times stronger than the roosters at current

salivor

First Grade
If Souths don't win another game this season they'll still finish above the Roosters.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
I thought we'd miss the Peach a bit, but FMD. Absolutley pedestrian. Joey is the only ball player we have. Jeremy Smith is not the player I thought he was. I know Joe got hooked, but Smith was worse. Without a second option in Peachey we will be screwed. It showed tonight, we never looked like scoring.

The only thing I can hope for is that JT can work the same miracle with our attack that he has with our defense.

Smiley

Bench
Really Impressed with Greg Eastwood, Carroll going to have trouble get the lock position back but with Staggs injury he will slot into the second row.

Eddie.

Bench
I thought this was one WOEFUL game of football. Boring, lacking in imagination and as dour as an old dog turd.

Both teams should be made to play all night and the first team to put on a backline move wins.

How can Brisbane play that way? How can a team containing wonderful attacking options In Lockyer, Hodges, Hunt and co resort to smashing the ball up the tracks all night?

Tom Shines

First Grade
Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark.
I honestly thought we were a chance to do a Panthers at 8-0 down. Then Hegarty puts through the kick to make it 8-4, then Sutton just missed the grounding of the try.
Not the best game of footy, but very close and a great finish.

salivor

First Grade
Eddie. said:
How can Brisbane play that way? How can a team containing wonderful attacking options In Lockyer, Hodges, Hunt and co resort to smashing the ball up the tracks all night?

Ask Wayne, only he can answer that question.

I'll sum up the Brisbane gameplan:
First 4 tackles run from dummy half or go one out.
5th tackle maybe go two passes wide to Hodges otherwise again go one out.
Last tackle boot it down field aimlessly most likely to be caught on the full
Defend

Variations: If in the oppositions 20m zone, get it to Hodges, if this does not result in a try wait until the last tackle to put up a bomb.

This is not a simplified version, this is as detailed as the Brisbane gameplan gets.

Tom Shines

First Grade
salivor said:

Defend

Variations: If in the oppositions 20m zone, get it to Hodges, if this does not result in a try wait until the last tackle to put up a bomb.

This is not a simplified version, this is as detailed as the Brisbane gameplan gets.
Pretty much. He wrote it on a cocktail napkin while on the bus trip to the ground.

JW

Coach
salivor said:

Defend

I think you're being quite generous, mate.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The Broncos were scared to lose and were their for the taking, but Souths came in with a similar game plan hoping to grind out a victory. The result was two teams not willing to do anything other than hold onto the ball.

The Broncos won last year on the back of their defence and forward platform, but their attack has gone even further backwards this year. They'll struggle to make the eight if they continue with that game plan.

As for the Bunnies, its been a pretty heartbreaking month. 1 win from their last 5, including 1 point, 2 point, and 4 point losses. Even without Peachy I think they missed a golden opportunity tonight.

Mr Saab

Referee
Brisbane are f**king boring to watch at the moment.
If souths had better 5th tackle execution they would have won...and easy.
Better to peak like they did last yr, but that performance gave me zero confidence.

Could be worst though...could be a panthers supporter.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Bottom four this year look very likely to be Brisbane, Pemriff, Saints and the Rorters. The 'Dogs may very well join them if they can't take the Knights to the cleaners.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Dodger said:
Bottom four this year look very likely to be Brisbane, Pemriff, Saints and the Rorters. The 'Dogs may very well join them if they can't take the Knights to the cleaners.

As much as that would be happy days i can't see it happening. They've got too much talent if they did that bad then someone should start a riot, although I'm not sure how fanatical they really are.

The others I agree with. It hurts but penrith are 16th in handling errors and 16th in penalties. I bow before what intelligent human beings they must be not being able to get even the basic skills and disciplines right :crazy:

Thought the NQ v Souths game 2 weeks ago was the most boring game i had seen in yrs.....but now we have a new winner..

75 mins of crap & 5 mins of excitement.

2 questions.

1. Who's name will be drawn out of the hat to play no7 next week?
2.Will Ikin give Hunt his mandatrory dally m pts.?