What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R8 FNF — Brisbane v South Sydney — *SPOILERS*

salivor

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
Brisbane are f**king boring to watch at the moment.
If souths had better 5th tackle execution they would have won...and easy.
Better to peak like they did last yr, but that performance gave me zero confidence.

Could be worst though...could be a panthers supporter.

Can't see us peaking to be honest. Over the last 6-7 years the Broncos have gone through some trots of poor form but this year and in particular last night was the worst I've seen them play. Lockyer in particular is looking about 80 years old and frustrated as hell.

salivor

First Grade
dazza62 said:
Thought the NQ v Souths game 2 weeks ago was the most boring game i had seen in yrs.....but now we have a new winner..

75 mins of crap & 5 mins of excitement.

2 questions.

1. Who's name will be drawn out of the hat to play no7 next week?
2.Will Ikin give Hunt his mandatrory dally m pts.?

Hey look who it is, it's LU's resident stalker
flasher.jpg

Be careful Hunt, he's watching you.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was at the game, and everytime Souths looked like they were close to being a threat to score, I'd scream out "Give it Williams, he'll f**k it up with a sh*t kick and the pressure will be off again"

and I swear he was listening to me, because sure enough, everytime he tried to do something other than catch and pass, he f**ked up.

He displayed the worst kicking game I think I've ever seen by a first grade player ever.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rabbitohs2005 said:
Joe Williams first 40 was outstanding,
If that was Joe Williams at outstanding, then he shouldn't be playing in a level higher than Jim Beam Cup.

He was f**king woeful from start to finish. His kicking game was completely pathetic. The souths forwards did a sh*tload of hard work bringing the ball up field only for it all to be pissed up against the wall with sh*thouse kicks by Williams.

There was only one souths player who played well and that was Asotasi. All the others were passengers. The wingers didn't even get involved to take the workload off the forwards. The centres were both trying to be five eighths and failing miserably and the five eighth was upstairs having drinks with rusty I think, because I didn't see him do anything on the field.

JT needs to change the wingers, centres, halves and at least half of the bench.

Williams was f**king woeful. You will NEVER win another game if he continues playing like that.

Nightward

Juniors
The referee was standing right in front of an incident where Lockyer was taken deliberately high and left cold on the ground- but did nothing.

Hopefully, the video review commitee will have something to say about that. It was an obscenity, and the crowd was just about ready to revolt.

Honestly, I think it was just determined defence from both sides. Neither really wanted to take a risk in attack- the Broncos because of their execution problems in past weeks, and the Rabbitohs because making errors in front of the Broncos at home is more or less what they had in mind when they came up with the word "suicidal."

The halfback position has been a bit of a poser. If Hunt had fired there, he would have stayed in the number seven jersey, with Boyd or Hodges at fullback. If it had worked, the results would have been nothing short of devastating. It didn't, necissitating the recall of Perry... who broke a toe. So Hunt sucks, Perry is out, and the only option is Berrigan- who hasn't kicked for some time and is not confident in the role. Another failure, so Bennet tries Joel Moon. If anyone's re-remaking "The Invisible Man," Moon should be up for the part.

We do get Perry back soon, which should steady the ship. On the other hand, Mick Ennis decided to show us that he's pretty handy with the boot, and he's great at organising plays. If he's not going to play at Hooker (which is where he ought to be; Berrigan's getting edged out, I think), perhaps the Halves could be shored up with a positional change...

Either way, I think that was what the Broncos needed; they turned the corner against the Storm, and ground out a win against a pretty good team. Get the confidence up a little and settle on a halves combo, and things should be pretty good for a while.

One thing I will say is that I couldn't, for the life of me, work out why Souths were targetting the Hodges/Boyd wing. They've played together for some time, and have a reasonable combination. THe other wing has a player just back from injury, who should be in the second-row but is playing Centre, and a young player just up from the Queensland Cup, neither of whom have played alongside each other at this level.

No, wait. It totally makes sense now. Keep going after the current Australian Centre and the former Australian Schoolboys Fullback and Rookie of the Year from '06. They'll totally crack under the pressure :roll:

madunit said:
If that was Joe Williams at outstanding, then he shouldn't be playing in a level higher than Jim Beam Cup.

He was f**king woeful from start to finish. His kicking game was completely pathetic. The souths forwards did a sh*tload of hard work bringing the ball up field only for it all to be pissed up against the wall with sh*thouse kicks by Williams.

There was only one souths player who played well and that was Asotasi. All the others were passengers. The wingers didn't even get involved to take the workload off the forwards. The centres were both trying to be five eighths and failing miserably and the five eighth was upstairs having drinks with rusty I think, because I didn't see him do anything on the field.

JT needs to change the wingers, centres, halves and at least half of the bench.

Williams was f**king woeful. You will NEVER win another game if he continues playing like that.
I Disagree

His Kicking Game was very sound first half, his kicks were pin-point accuracy, he put plenty of pressure on the broncos, we got the repeat sets from joey fine execution of grubbers, and his 40/20 was clever thinking.

I will be happy to keep him in, for next weeks game, but eddie paea is hot on his heels in PL, if he puts on an outstanding performance this week, he could be a suprise name next week.

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
^^^^^^^^^^^

Boyd's been a sieve all year, lots of tries have been scored over/around/inside/through him.

He's dead weight. Hope the roosters buy him. Oh wait they won't, he's not a washed up Dog, they wouldn't be interested.

Nightward said:
The referee was standing right in front of an incident where Lockyer was taken deliberately high and left cold on the ground- but did nothing.

Hopefully, the video review commitee will have something to say about that. It was an obscenity, and the crowd was just about ready to revolt.

Honestly, I think it was just determined defence from both sides. Neither really wanted to take a risk in attack- the Broncos because of their execution problems in past weeks, and the Rabbitohs because making errors in front of the Broncos at home is more or less what they had in mind when they came up with the word "suicidal."

The halfback position has been a bit of a poser. If Hunt had fired there, he would have stayed in the number seven jersey, with Boyd or Hodges at fullback. If it had worked, the results would have been nothing short of devastating. It didn't, necissitating the recall of Perry... who broke a toe. So Hunt sucks, Perry is out, and the only option is Berrigan- who hasn't kicked for some time and is not confident in the role. Another failure, so Bennet tries Joel Moon. If anyone's re-remaking "The Invisible Man," Moon should be up for the part.

We do get Perry back soon, which should steady the ship. On the other hand, Mick Ennis decided to show us that he's pretty handy with the boot, and he's great at organising plays. If he's not going to play at Hooker (which is where he ought to be; Berrigan's getting edged out, I think), perhaps the Halves could be shored up with a positional change...

Either way, I think that was what the Broncos needed; they turned the corner against the Storm, and ground out a win against a pretty good team. Get the confidence up a little and settle on a halves combo, and things should be pretty good for a while.

One thing I will say is that I couldn't, for the life of me, work out why Souths were targetting the Hodges/Boyd wing. They've played together for some time, and have a reasonable combination. THe other wing has a player just back from injury, who should be in the second-row but is playing Centre, and a young player just up from the Queensland Cup, neither of whom have played alongside each other at this level.

No, wait. It totally makes sense now. Keep going after the current Australian Centre and the former Australian Schoolboys Fullback and Rookie of the Year from '06. They'll totally crack under the pressure :roll:

it looked really bad, but imo, nothing in it, its was an unlucky situation for vagana, arm first hit way below the neck, it just slipped up at the end, he rarely had enough time to back out of hit, and lockyer just quickly changed his posture position, it happens all the time in NRL, lockyer would of complained or even mentioned it to the ref if it was really that bad.

It was accidental imo

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rabbitohs2005 said:
I Disagree

His Kicking Game was very sound first half, his kicks were pin-point accuracy, he put plenty of pressure on the broncos, we got the repeat sets from joey fine execution of grubbers, and his 40/20 was clever thinking.

I will be happy to keep him in, for next weeks game, but eddie paea is hot on his heels in PL, if he puts on an outstanding performance this week, he could be a suprise name next week.
the repeat sets from in goal grubbers shoudl always result in drop out from the defending team.

There should at least be pressure from the attackers chasing those grubbers.

None of them were dangerous grubbers. they were done as a way to get the ball back and nothing else.

He offered absolutely nothing in attack all game. His kicks never dissected the backs, they were always directed staright towards one of them.

He should have been kicking for touch more often to give his forwards a break, cos they were all working at 300% to try and gain momentum. Their forwards imo, were more dominant the bronocs pack, but Williams' kicking game wasted all their work. The broncos were constantly returning the ball to the 20 without any pressure or trouble.

his kicking game was woeful, the second half saw it get even worse.

Mr Saab

Referee
Nightward, what game were you watching?
"Left cold on the ground"?
There was NOTHING wrong with that tackle and i am as staunch a bronco fan as you can get on here.

Rabit2005...Joe Willams kicking game and options were woeful...absolutely woeful. One 40/20 in the middle of a jim beam cup performace.

badav

Bench
That would have to be the most hollow broncos victory i can remember in quite a long time. I am concerned after that performance. Everytime someone crossed the line about to score they dropped the f*cking pill. that was just a frustrating game to watch.

dazza62 said:
2 questions.

1. Who's name will be drawn out of the hat to play no7 next week?
2.Will Ikin give Hunt his mandatrory dally m pts.?

Seems Ikin will give him pts no matter how badly he plays..

sherrinator

Juniors
i can't believe i forked out 38 bucks for this dour mess! this is the first time ive felt inclined to leave before half time just based on the fact i could be doing somethign far more constructive elsewhere, my eyes!

McCrud

Juniors
sherrinator said:
i can't believe i forked out 38 bucks for this dour mess! this is the first time ive felt inclined to leave before half time just based on the fact i could be doing somethign far more constructive elsewhere, my eyes!

Don't lie.

If you are going to some trolling, at least make it sound authentic.