What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R8 FNF — St. George Illawarra v Penrith — *SPOILERS*

Tom Shines

First Grade
DragonsHome.gif
v
Panthers.gif

GAME > St George Illawarra v Penrith
WHEN > Friday 4 May, 7:30pm
WHERE > OKI JUBILEE STADIUM, KOGARAH
MEDIA > 9:30 NINE NSW
REF > Sean Hampstead; Colour: Yellow; Sideline Officials: Michael Jones, Steve Carrall; Video Referee: Bill Harrigan

Dragons
1. Josh MORRIS, 2. Brett MORRIS, 3. Chase STANLEY, 4. Keith LULIA, 5. Wes NAIQAMA, 6. Dean YOUNG, 7. Ben HORNBY (c), 8. Justin POORE, 9. Ben ELLIS, 10. Jason RYLES (c), 11. Ashton SIMS, 12. Chris HOUSTON, 13. Ben CREAGH
Int - 14. Adam PEEK, 15. Dan HUNT, 16. Danny WICKS, 17. Rangi CHASE, 18. Lagi SETU

Panthers
1. Rhys Wesser, 2. Michael Gordon, 3. Michael Jennings, 4. Luke Lewis, 5. Luke Rooney, 6. Peter Wallace, 7. Craig Gower (c), 8. Frank Puletua, 9. Luke Priddis, 10. Brendan Worth, 11. Frank Pritchard, 12. Junior Moors, 13. Nathan Smith.
Int - 14. Tim Grant, 15. Tony Puletua, 16. Mark O'Halloran, 17. Keith Peters, 18. Joel Clinton, 19. Bob Blair

Possible cripple fight. Will depend on how Morris backs up after last night, if at all.

phonetic

Juniors
Saints by 14

1st Tryscorer: Chase Stanley (he'll pick up a brace)
Man of the Match: Ben Hornby

badav

Bench
Saints will do well to win this game. Especially with a fullback and hooker as their halves, and a nobody as their hooker. Then again they are up against Penrith.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Absolute cripple fight... but only if both teams play like they did last weekend. Both are capable of good things - the final 20 minutes for Saints against NQ at WIN a month back and the first round clash with Gold Coast were good showings, and Penrith have beaten Canterbury and Brisbane - probably easier this year but still an awesome performance on both occasions.

I've tipped Penrith but I'll be cheering on Saints.

MattJ

Juniors
This is a real toss of the coin, i hate picking any game to do with the panthers this year, they have to be the most unpredictable team running around at the moment.
I think the dragons will probably come out pumped after a lot of negative press through the week.
Dragons by 6

mxlegend99

Referee
Panthers by 16 if we play well.

Dragons by about 28 if we play as we did last week.

I agree with Mattj, it's just too hard to pick our games. We're capable of such varied performances, in the space of just one week.

panthersballboy

Juniors
I think this game won't be both teams playing good and the better one to win. More like both teams play crap and the crapiest will lose. Oki is a ground the panthers really struggle at as well.

The only thing that gives me some confidence is the dragons have a lot more injuries than we do. Panthers by 8.

phonetic

Juniors
Dodger said:
Absolute cripple fight... but only if both teams play like they did last weekend. Both are capable of good things - the final 20 minutes for Saints against NQ at WIN a month back and the first round clash with Gold Coast were good showings, and Penrith have beaten Canterbury and Brisbane - probably easier this year but still an awesome performance on both occasions.

I've tipped Penrith but I'll be cheering on Saints.

I think you're being a bit kind there, Dodger. The NQ game we only really got back into because Thurston got binned.

I thought our effort against Melbourne, given the circumstances, was probably our best besides the first up win. Also, we really should have beaten Newcastle.

I've got some mail that Ryles is 50/50, and as mentioned, Josh Morris is next to no chance.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Binning or not, you found your straps in that last 20 and even when Thursty came back on you were the better side. If the side can tap into that cohesion for even just 50-60 minutes tonight they're in with a shot.

You might've lost to the Roosters but the results haven't all been hammerings like they received, and Penrith are such an unknown quantity. As I said I've tipped the visitors, but I'll be cheering for Saints at the ground.

Mr Saab

Referee
Tipping the Dragons...basically cause i dislike the Panthers and i want to see them fail
Loser of this game can kiss 2007 goodbye

kooriguy

Juniors
i tip the panthers with my heart, but the saints are one of our bogey teams.. have to work tonight so i will check the scores when i get off.

Latest posts