What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R8 | Knights 20-21* Sharks @ Hunter | Sun 2.00pm

Round 8 result :: Knights vs Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is going to be some serious wrist slitting in this thread come Sunday arvo. I am very confident that we are going to play similar to what we did against the panthers.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I doubt we'll play that bad again for a while.
Even if we did, doesn't necessarily mean we'd lose.

Rod

Bench
If your predictions about how we'll go this game are as good as they were before the Titans game, make it $100.

Frederick

Staff member
Can confirm Costigan will play in the NSW Cup, Korbin Sims will get another game

I don't think the importance of this news can be understated. Sims is now officially above Costigan in the pecking order.

Silent Knight

First Grade
About bloody time I say. Blind Freddy could tell you Sims is better than Costigan. Keeping Korbin in FG may be all the motivation he needs to ink a new 2-3 year deal with our club.

If your predictions about how we'll go this game are as good as they were before the Titans game, make it $100.

Cant afford $100 on police academy wage.

This news that sims is in over nev has put a spin on things..

Sharks by 4.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Tyrone actually went into hooker for his first 15-20min before going to halfback
One thing which annoyed me when Tyrone came on was that you still didn't notice he was out there. Seemed like about 10 minutes or so before he "significantly" touched the ball.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Five-eighth Jarrod Mullen sat out the final minutes of ballwork at Hunter Stadium on Thursday to rest the knee he had clean-up surgery on two weeks ago, but Bennett said Mullen and captain Kurt Gidley (back) were in no doubt for Sunday.

Bennett said he would finalise his 17-man squad at training on Saturday but indicated Gidley would again start at halfback, Travis Waddell would start at hooker, and Tyrone Roberts would come off the bench, as they all did against the Titans last Sunday.
LINK

aqua_duck

Coach
God I hope Wayne doesn't persist with the Gidley starts at halfback tactic again. I feel this move is designed to accommodate Kurt but it doesn't help our attack one bit

Whats Doing

Bench
One thing which annoyed me when Tyrone came on was that you still didn't notice he was out there. Seemed like about 10 minutes or so before he "significantly" touched the ball.

He played the first 15 minutes or so at hooker which may be the reason for this perception. Although when he went to half he didn't involve himself enough.

The kid has promise and with 12 months experience now in the NRL he needs to start stamping his authority as a half which if he did he would not be starting on the bench.

If the club want to keep Korbin they will need to stop treating his selection as injury cover. I do not see why Neville would ever keep him out of first grade now. I think Waddell being so impressive has kept any need for Nev playing hooker out of the equation.

Last edited:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
He played the first 15 minutes or so at hooker which may be the reason for this perception. Although when he went to half he didn't involve himself enough.

The kid has promise and with 12 months experience now in the NRL he needs to start stamping his authority as a half which if he did he would not be starting on the bench.
The problem with that is that Gids is so heavily involved when playing in the halves that perhaps Tyrone might not feel comfortable over-ruling him if he sees something Kurt doesn't?

Latest posts