What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R8 | Knights 20-21* Sharks @ Hunter | Sun 2.00pm

Round 8 result :: Knights vs Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Our start hasnt been perfect, and there are teams looking better than us out there. I must say though that for the first time in a long time i have no doubt we will make the 8. We also have a lot of improvement in us so we have a decent chance for 4th.

I think there are 6 or so teams that are no chance of finals footy for the first time in a while. We will make the 8 and while the top few look better now, we will improve, they wont. A win over the sharks here and people will start taking notice of us
There's no doubt we're a little bit behind in terms of say Souths and Melbourne but we're a strange sort of football side. I think we're going better than some think we are but certainly have a fair bit of improvement in us. Still have Smith, Scott and Buderus to come back into the side later in the year.

A rested Jez and Beau will be a huge bonus in the back half of the year. We have loads of improvement left. Everyone goes on about the titans being down to 14 men. It was our physicality that led to that.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
One of the areas that concerns me with the team so far this year is the lack of tries scored by our forwards. Our backs and in particular our wingers have scored the large majority of our tries. In days gone by we had Simpson and Kennedy who crossed the line often and it made us a far more threatening team. Does anyon actually have the stats on what forwards have scored tries fo u this season?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Cuthbertson scored two in R4 and Fa'alogo scored one last week. That's it.

Jono078

Referee
Good point BIHK. Imagine if our second rowers started running the sort of lines that got them tries. It would make us such a feared team when you have to worry about everyone across the park and not just the wingers finishing off plays.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Good point BIHK. Imagine if our second rowers started running the sort of lines that got them tries. It would make us such a feared team when you have to worry about everyone across the park and not just the wingers finishing off plays.

I have a feeling that the lack of buderus playing has had an impact of the lack of tries by our forwards. He's always had a great ability of going to the line and putting forwards into holes. Can't wait until he gets back!

Jono078

Referee
Me too. At the same time Houston shits me with those runs, he does not like receiving the ball at the line, at all.

I think Beau Scott and McKinnon would get it done on the edges.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Me too. At the same time Houston shits me with those runs, he does not like receiving the ball at the line, at all.

I think Beau Scott and McKinnon would get it done on the edges.

I was watching a clip on YouTube last night that was a compilation of tries from 2009 and 2010. Houston crossed the line a number of times back then. I don't know what's happened to him as he doesn't even look like scoring these days. As you said, he really needs to be running off flat passes at pace. He's reminding me of hindmarsh a bit atm. He's constantly running at players as opposed to trying to run between players.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I would not mind seeing Cuthbo in the backrow starting cos he is natural ball running forward.

That idea is appealing as he would offer us some more size also in the starting team. Having said that, having him come on against tiring defenders does allow him more space in attack to create opportunities.

Burwood

Bench
Our front row stocks are too low. Who in the squad is an out-and-out front rower? Snowden is the only one that comes to mind. Guys like Cuthbertson need to be playing wider, but are needed in closer to the action unfortunately.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I'd class fa'logo as a front rower. Same goes for Mason these days. I feel rochow will become a decent prop as well. Atm I do feel that we are a front rower short though.

Burwood

Bench
Fa'alogo has become a front rower since playing with Newcastle. Mason in his prime, before he lost his speed and endurance, also played out wider. There is no question that they are capable of playing in the front row and have been doing a good job for us but, along with Cuthbertson and Costigan, they seem to be more manufactured front rowers because Snowden is the only genuine one we have.

Hopefully guys like Likiliki, Frei, Sims, and Vaivai (is he still around???) can develop into that role for upcoming seasons.

f**k me.. taking the 2 points shits me some times.. There is a time and a place, the sharks were well and truly under the pump then and we let them off going for goal.