What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R8 | Knights 20-21* Sharks @ Hunter | Sun 2.00pm

Round 8 result :: Knights vs Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zoidberg

First Grade
Is it just me that thinks when Gids goes into hooker he tries to avoid passing it to Tyrone?

Gids was all good when Bennett wasn't here and now we want to throw him to the wolves! I have been as critical as anyone about his performances but he has earned his stripes. He is a club legend. It would be a sad day if he does move on. I would certainly never say he won't move on. I do know he should no longer be halfback. I also think his captaincy is not warranted anymore. Not when Mason is in the side. Mase is on the verge of a fairytale origin recall. He is a born leader. If NSW win he will be a huge reason why. To put Gidley's position in the side in perspective do not forget Bennett did not re-sign the greatest origin player of all time when he moved Wally on. Noone is safe really in any Bennett side.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
RABK, you gunna have a whinge about these blokes spearing Gidley??? This has been going on for years now.

Yosh

Coach
Gids was all good when Bennett wasn't here and now we want to throw him to the wolves! I have been as critical as anyone about his performances but he has earned his stripes. He is a club legend. It would be a sad day if he does move on. I would certainly never say he won't move on. I do know he should no longer be halfback. I also think his captaincy is not warranted anymore. Not when Mason is in the side. Mase is on the verge of a fairytale origin recall. He is a born leader. If NSW win he will be a huge reason why. To put Gidley's position in the side in perspective do not forget Bennett did not re-sign the greatest origin player of all time when he moved Wally on. Noone is safe really in any Bennett side.

I think you're using that term 'legend' too freely there.. The word legend should be reserved for people like Chief, Joey or Bedsy. Kidley is aight but definitely not a legend.

Turn it up Yosh! He has played origin as skipper, for his country many times, and up until recently was our standout player. In my book that makes a legend. You are a hard marker.

Last edited:

Rolla

Juniors
Kids moving on would be emotional of course, but it might be a necessity. I mean i would prefer he take a big pay cut and play 14, but kids may well not be willing to do that. It seems like the morons in charge might select him for origin, so it will be hard for him to see himself as a sub from here in, especially if he gets a big offer from the uk.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Kids can fit into this team, he does it well at rep level. He just needs to get out of the "I need to do it all myself" mentality that has developed over the years that we had no one else.

The guy deserves a place and patience from us supporters

Jobdog

Live Update Team
We already knew it, but Lara Pitt just confirmed Costigan would play NSW Cup today.

Yosh

Coach
Turn it up Yosh! He has played origin as skipper, for his country many times, and up until recently was our standout player. In my book that makes a legend. You are a hard marker.

I'm not saying he is crap. I love his defense and his goal kicking and he has some good runs outta dummy half. I just hope he stops kicking....

Good player, maybe great on his day. Legend... Never sorry...

Have a funny feeling about this game.
I really hope we win though. We are knocking on the door for 4th spot and, even though it is way early in the season, I reckon a step up to 4th and the prospect of holding it for a home semi-final might stir things up a bit - both the supporters and the team.

How long has it been since we have been this high in the Premiership after 7 rounds?

We've held in there and the best part, to me, is that there are areas of the game we can work on to improve.

Frederick

Staff member
Wow if that's Kevs idea of defending on the line I'm happy he's not in first grade

we really need to concentrate on holding down 5th or 6th spot. That is a realistic goal, 4th would be a bonus. 5th and 6th gives us a home knock out final.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
If we win tomorrow and the Titans lose, there'll be a four point gap (and about 50 points on F/A) between fifth and sixth.

If we win tomorrow and the Titans lose, there'll be a four point gap (and about 50 points on F/A) between fifth and sixth.

That's what we want. Do the best we can. Too many teams are knocking on the door to get in the top 8. We need to take the win over a team like the Sharks (no disrespect intended) and get a break for the inevitable losses we are going to have.

I reckon in this comp any team is capable. Well nearly. Had thought The Storm was an exception to getting beaten by most teams but look what the Raiders just did.

Rolla

Juniors
Our start hasnt been perfect, and there are teams looking better than us out there. I must say though that for the first time in a long time i have no doubt we will make the 8. We also have a lot of improvement in us so we have a decent chance for 4th.

I think there are 6 or so teams that are no chance of finals footy for the first time in a while. We will make the 8 and while the top few look better now, we will improve, they wont. A win over the sharks here and people will start taking notice of us

Latest posts