What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R9 Sat - Cowboys v Panthers *Spoilers*

Munky said:
What did everyone make of Wallace playing halfback?

I only listened to the radio but it sounded as if his kicking and passing were spot on all night. Much better than Gower has been dishing up for the past three years.

Hopefully Elliot grows some balls and goes:
7. Wallace
6. Gower
For the next game.

It was probably Wallace's best game this season so far. Good kicking game, creative and ran at the line. Solid defence as well

Reminds me a lot of a younger Steve Carter.

Panthers handled the damp conditions far better,& played with far more intensity.... Cowboys look like they had "After Mon Nite Footyitis". Never looked like they were in it...

Even Thurston looked way down on form.... & i agree ..Minto should not be anywhere near !st grade... He must have made 10 runs for minus 20 mtrs.

mxlegend99

Referee
How good was Joel Clintons try :) Couldn't believe it. LOL.

Panthers looked really good last night in most areas except ball handling. If we could have held the ball, we would have absolutely thumped them.

Our defence looked really good also. Kept the Cowboys out for almost 65minutes.

I've never, EVER, tipped against the Panthers. I did last night, and we won. Man, i'm going to bet against my tips every week :D

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Now THIS is the Panthers side that ripped the Doggies apart. Well done... and about time too!

Pity they've got a bye next week :lol:

pantherz9103

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
What happened to the Storm avatar Pantherz9103???????????????
Pathetic turncoat.

You might like keeping the same avatar but excuse me if I like to freshen things up every once in a while Charlie AND the Storm avatar was only for a day or two, nice to know someone is so interested in my movements :crazy:

Mr Saab

Referee
I dont forget.
You are as rock solid as a sandcastle on bondi beach.
Weak as pi$$.
Stick solid with your team.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
I dont forget.
You are as rock solid as a sandcastle on bondi beach.
Weak as pi$$.
Stick solid with your team.

I've never supported another team in my 20 years of following. So I have stuck solid :cool: Its funny the conclusions you seem to jump to :?

Just because I might have said 'piss these bastards off' doesn't mean I really mean it. Its just me fuming after another bad performance. Last night we won but I was still frustrated by the errors. They tried hard and that's all I ask. Before I don't think they were trying hard enough and that's what causes me to react like that.

Mr Saab

Referee
I am not saying you changed teams. I am saying that after a few losses you changed your avatar to the storm.
The Panthers are frustrating to watch as they have alot of talent, but stick solid.
At least the Panthers can hit 20 points in a game (win or lose). Look at the Broncos!

pantherz9103

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
I am not saying you changed teams. I am saying that after a few losses you changed your avatar to the storm.
The Panthers are frustrating to watch as they have alot of talent, but stick solid.
At least the Panthers can hit 20 points in a game (win or lose). Look at the Broncos!

I stick solid. I know I seem fickle but its just I don't deal well with disappointment.

As for the Broncos they have last years premiership still to gloat about and you know your team has too much talent to keep playing this way. You should be in the top 4 but are in the bottom 4.

I'm dreading another year out of the 8. The Broncos have never finished lower than 8th so I'm quite envious of you.

choc_soldier

Coach
mxlegend99 said:
I've never, EVER, tipped against the Panthers. I did last night, and we won. Man, i'm going to bet against my tips every week :D

Every time I have tipped against them, they get up. Didn't do it this week though.

Actually, I did my tips in a rush on Friday night, and at the moment I'm sitting on 5 from 5... should do that every week! :lol:

nqboy

First Grade
I wondered if the Cowboys MNF in the wet last week took a bit more out of their legs than usual. They looked flat and never looked like threatening. We dropped enough ball to lose three games.

Kudos to the Panthers, they looked keener all night and deserved the win.

Kilkenny

Coach
I would not recommend getting too carried away with the performance of the Panthers.

Nth Queensland very clearly not at there best and the MNF syndrome was clearly a factor.

Our ball control, execution and discipline was no better than it has been for the last 5-6 weeks.

We defended well for a 10 minute period in the second half Nth Q had a number of repeat sets. For the other 60-70 there attack was non existant and there ball control was worse than ours.

It's great we won, but the performance was ordinary.

TITAN1

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
Gower is way too slow for the halves.
He is a hooker, but you have a hooker who is better than Gower.
Gower = no mans land
Agree 100%,Gower looks disinterested as well..does anyone know how long his contract has to run?
It would be a brave call by management,but maybe letting him go could help both parties,the club frees up some cash and gower gets his enthusiasm back.

mxlegend99

Referee
2010 i think it is.

It's a couple more years at the least. I wouldn't be at all bothered if we let him go. Unless he can learn to work with Wallace... i don't see any point keeping him. He isn't a match winner these days.

Latest posts