What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

doyen

Bench
Whatever we are paying him I hope it gives him the incentive and drive to play to his potential and then he can start cashing in.
Ideally that is how it will go but this fella can be difficult !! TBH,I've never seen him do much consistently---flashes of brilliance but not a lot !! Manly didn't want him as he was a big problem !!

Last edited:

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Ideally that is how it will go but this fella can be difficult !! TBH,I've never seen him do much consistently---flashes of brilliance but not a lot !! Manly didn't want him as he was a big problem !!
But someone at Manly thought enough of him to offer him 800K.
Regardless of if we are paying 140K or 200K, that is dirt cheap, that money wouldn't get you Host or Chee Kam.
And if doesn't perform it will probably be his last NRL contract

speedster

Juniors
But someone at Manly thought enough of him to offer him 800K.
Regardless of if we are paying 140K or 200K, that is dirt cheap, that money wouldn't get you Host or Chee Kam.
And if doesn't perform it will probably be his last NRL contract
If he does perform, there will be no shortage of big offers coming in and we might struggle to keep him for more than just the 1 season. Hopefully Wayne's magic will getting him going and make him want to stay for a reasonable upgrade but we'll need room in the cap for that to happen - IF he plays to his potential which is enormous.

handyman2190

Bench
Haven't heard anything about shopping any other of our players who are still contracted to us for next season - Host and Ilias in particular. Watch this space?
Ilias was on a increasing contract and is on 500k next season, noone would be willing to pay that much theyd want us to throw in 200k which we would probably do but noone wants him, host has a lucky year left and i hope its spent in regis because he is f**ked

speedster

Juniors
Ilias was on a increasing contract and is on 500k next season, noone would be willing to pay that much theyd want us to throw in 200k which we would probably do but noone wants him, host has a lucky year left and i hope its spent in regis because he is f**ked
I'd rather Host gets shopped or is offered in a swap deal if anyone sees anything in him. Ilias' chances of being offloaded took a dive when he broke his leg but hopefully some interest will be forthcoming with scenes of him moving well at training come November onwards. Yes, we'll need to pay some of his freight but it's a big chunk of cap space for both of those blokes to be running round in NSW Cup.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
I found the contracted players list, not sure if it is 100% accurate but here it is:

The list of players off contract after next season includes Cody, AJ, Moale, Host, Ilias, Havili, Duncan and Munro.

My train of thought is that there is no point moving Illias, Host, Havili and paying freight to do so, just let them drop off the books after next season, that could amount to $1mil in savings, depending on how contracts like Murray, Arrow, Graham, Latrell, Dodds , Wighton, Kaeon are structured, moving forward after 2025. And then add in Cody at around $600K, so total "freed up" space around $1.5mil

I would target Moale, Duncan, and Munro to be keepers. Not sure how Bennett will feel about keeping AJ beyond his current contract. Remember it was Bennett that didn't want him last time around, and it was only after a member's petition that he got re-signed.

The long term contracts that stick out as an eye sore are Mamozuelos (end of 2027), and Tatola (end of 2028). They are the ones that could/need to be moved that would require freight paid. That Tatola extension looks terrible at the moment.

callmack1

Staff member

handyman2190

Bench
I found the contracted players list, not sure if it is 100% accurate but here it is:

The list of players off contract after next season includes Cody, AJ, Moale, Host, Ilias, Havili, Duncan and Munro.

My train of thought is that there is no point moving Illias, Host, Havili and paying freight to do so, just let them drop off the books after next season, that could amount to $1mil in savings, depending on how contracts like Murray, Arrow, Graham, Latrell, Dodds , Wighton, Kaeon are structured, moving forward after 2025. And then add in Cody at around $600K, so total "freed up" space around $1.5mil

I would target Moale, Duncan, and Munro to be keepers. Not sure how Bennett will feel about keeping AJ beyond his current contract. Remember it was Bennett that didn't want him last time around, and it was only after a member's petition that he got re-signed.

The long term contracts that stick out as an eye sore are Mamozuelos (end of 2027), and Tatola (end of 2028). They are the ones that could/need to be moved that would require freight paid. That Tatola extension looks terrible at the moment.
Does anyone know how tatolas foot is healing?

speedster

Juniors
Wonder if Wayne will give Valynce a shot? The Dolphins depth in the backs wasn't too sorely tested this year but we could do with better depth that's for sure.

Rabbits20

Immortal

That got me a bit emotional watching the Damien video a good 10mins watch. What a player he’s been for us. He has given it everything to Souths and I’m certain after his Dragons stint he will be back in some sort or role with our club. As he said we’ve been through highs and real lows but the Burrow and members are still there supporting so much through all times. Sad re Tom going a well and Damien talking about his bond with Tom was a great part of the video. Both are big big losses and are always club legends.

The Damien try against the Storm was probs my fav had me jumping up and down at Accor Stadium I was going bonkas! Then his tries against Knights and Parra in big finals games also had me jumping up and down. And who could forget the famous Saab trysaver where he chased him down that amongst many of his trysavers.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Yasssssss!!!!! Fantastic to finally have this all locked in and confirmed! I am one happy chappy after seeing this news!

I know some will be against it, but I still maintain I'm all for it! This honestly has the potential to be the signing of the Season, especially if it's for under $300k as reported. He has the potential to give us an $800k or something like that output if that makes sense.

Wayne will get the best out of him, I believe that, and this signing has a Wayne project written all over him. Just imagine what a fit and focused Josh Schuster could do for us under Wayne?!!! Wowwwww!

The one-year signing is great too because it's zero risk. If he doesn't put in, and if it doesn't work, then no harm done and we cut him loose.

Great stuff Souths!! I'm excited about this! Could be huge!!
I’m happy about this we all know the potential is there he has talent it’s about putting his mind to it getting fit and committed. If anyone can get the best out of him it’s Wayne. Strong talk it’s at around 200k too. Apparently he’s already started his pre season too. Over to you now Josh to take this opportunity welcome mate to The Pride Of The League!

Also been strong talk around as others have probs said Milne not confirmed leaving yet but currently Wayne has no spot for him. Tass extended on a 3 year deal, talk Shaq and Lovett have also extended. I am not sure on J. Gagai that’s all gone quiet.

I think our squad looking at it is very thin in the backs. We have no run off the back fence prop either. Also on Tatola he’s still in a moon boot it’s been a very nasty injury I’m worried about him.

I am glad Wayne massively sprayed them it had to happen. I don’t think we have a top 4 squad next year we still have a few average guys on our books etc but it’s defs a top 8 squad there is no reason why if we go better with injuries and get fit why we can’t make the bottom half of the 8 next year.

Oh and finally Keaon has to play middle surely. Also on Dodd quite a few say that he’s kicking game is as good as Reyno but defence needs a lot of work.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Look at it this way:
We were paying Chee Kam similar money.
Who would you prefer?
Host gets $350K
Who would you prefer?
Yep and it’s why our money is tight next year Host 300-350k, Havili 450k, Keppie we now pay full freight for next year, Ilias money goes up to about 550k, nobody wants any of them.

Keaon, C. Graham, Tatola money all goes up too it’s why our cap is so tight. I think Arrow money goes slightly up too.

And Botany you’ve nailed it Aitken is an upgrade on Cheeks and Hosty as is Schuster.

I have also heard rumours our pre season going into 2025 pre season will start earlier than last year Wayne wants them to start early. Schuster has already started actually.

Rabbits20

Immortal
The NRL is likely to sanction Addo-Carr after considering all the relevant information, and may take into account the fact that he has already missed one match."

What bullshit you knew they would make up different rules for Addo to Trell, disgraceful!

handyman2190

Bench
There is a article in the telecrap about ilias and a change of position, seems we are the flavour of the day,there are 3 bennett storys in the telecrap, i cant unlock it,would someone do the honours please

Last edited:

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
There is a article in the telecrap about ilias and a change of position, seems we are the flavour of the day,there are 3 bennett storys in the telecrap, i cant unlock it,would someone do the honours please
This is probably the same thing:
Mamozuelos to start as first choice hooker, Humphreys and Illias to battle for the utility role.

Latest posts