What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

De tmTrajic

Juniors
That's a pack capable of destroying any pack in the nrl ( on their day & in my super optimistic little brain).

No rom for Sutto because team will need a 4 prop rotaion & 4 back rower rotation. How many teams can come up with 10 (hookers x 2) genuine first grade fiewards? Unless Sutto can play that solid 20 mind x 2 in the back row.

You want fire power out wide? GI, AJ, Gags & with my only serious worry, Walker. Add in AR & a couple of young seedsters & there is a top 4 capable team.

Rabbits20

Immortal
That's been debated over this forum quite a bit but I would assume Walker shifts to fullback with AR at 6 and Cronk at 7. I think by the end of 2018 one of AR or Walker will be asked to leave.
Bammmm mate...... that is Correctamundo.....

Have you thought of wthis though mate, I was thinking last night:

What about Cody to centre??? He'd go well that I reckon:

GI
AJ
Gagai
Cody
Jennings

Rabbits20

Immortal
So if Cronk came, keep Walker at 6 and move Reyno on?
Souths won't be moving Reyno on. Can't see that happening......
I rate walker much higher than Reynolds but I think walker will be the player moved on. Reynolds is a Souths junior and already has a big contract for a couple more years. I think the club is probably a little dirty at walker and his manager for taking the pay rise fiasco to the media.
AR has the much better kicking game though and I think he will improve that next year plus his goal kicking is invaluable and I like his passing game....

SattlersJaw14

Juniors
Evening fella' the Cronk rumours are bubbling.

Behind closed door Cronk wants to play on and Roosters and us are fighting it out for him..........

Another chapter in the book of feuds is unfolding......

I'm firing up too......

I'd take all this with a massive grain of salt, the sunday papers traditionally, being bigger, need more copy, nobody is talking to these journos, they put two & two together & make it somehow sound feasible, to read it, it almost seems logical

I'd be just happy to have him around, doing some coaching & keeping him interested, i mean, he probably can't play golf every day

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'd take all this with a massive grain of salt, the sunday papers traditionally, being bigger, need more copy, nobody is talking to these journos, they put two & two together & make it somehow sound feasible, to read it, it almost seems logical

I'd be just happy to have him around, doing some coaching & keeping him interested, i mean, he probably can't play golf every day
Word is it's being kept under wraps but with the right coach who will push him hard he wants to play on..

He has connections with Seibs and GI

SattlersJaw14

Juniors
I think Jennings and Graham are the other two at this stage. Jennings is a quality player. He just needs a bit more fitness and luck with injury. He looks an out and out centre to me. Not quite as quick as his brother but no slouch and a better all round skillset. He defends fairly well and comes in for some nice aggressive shots.

I just think he needs time, still very young & green, him & Burns ideally wouldn't have been exposed to first grade as much last year if we didn't have salary cap constraints thus depth problems, happily they both did better than expected & should benefit from the experience, i think next year & the year after should bring about some real improvement & confidence

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
but thats not where the word came from?

It's the telegraph that's reporting it.

Bammmm mate...... that is Correctamundo.....

Have you thought of wthis though mate, I was thinking last night:

What about Cody to centre??? He'd go well that I reckon:

GI
AJ
Gagai
Cody
Jennings

I actually do like the idea of Cody playing centre. I think he would be quite good there. It's hard to say whether he would be happy with being moved to centre though. Just like the fullback move.

Travitoh

First Grade
I don't see the point in signing Cronk if we're to move AR on. We're not in a premiership window and will be left looking for another 7 in the next 12-24 months time.
Whether that means we move on Cody or not is another story but in my eyes, Cronk joining is to lead the halves and help AR become the rep player we've all believed he should be in the past.

SattlersJaw14

Juniors
I doubt we'll sign him & i don't really care, i'd prefer him to come onboard as an assistant coach, i'd like him to come for the right reasons & i'd hope he gets caught up in the passion for the place as others have done, his take on culture & preparation would be priceless

As for halves, i put Reynolds on top as our #1 asset, i think Cody is valuable but i'm not sure where, perhaps he does have more utility value, i'm hoping that either Tracey or Doueihi emerge, both have a ton of ability from reports

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
I doubt we'l sign him & i don't really care, i'd prefer him to come onboard as an assistant coach, i'd like him to come for the right reasons & i'd hope he gets caught up in the passion for the place as others have done, his take on culture & preparation would be priceless

As for halves, i put Reynolds on top as our #1 asset, i think Cody is valuable but i'm not sure where, perhaps he does have more utility value, i'm hoping that either Tracey or Doueihi emerge, both have a ton of ability from reports
I agree about Reyno being our number one asset. Generally, when he plays well, we win but he has not been playing well at all and that's the issue atm.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I agree about Reyno being our number one asset. Generally, when he plays well, we win but he has not been playing well at all and that's the issue atm.
He will be back next year!!!!!!!!!

With our squad the way it currently is and a few injuries hit it could be a very long year....

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Dean Hawkins is Adam Reynolds successor and he is 2 years from being ready. Signing Cronk for 2 years is a masterstroke especially if we can get him to groom Hawkins.