What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

callmack1

Staff member

Tass would be great to keep!

Steenson123

Juniors
Sounding more and more like Aitken will definitely comes to Souths so our days of seeing Host on the edge are coming to and end.

Just need to sig
Moale and Kelpie are improving significantly and are starting to dominate opponents. One can expect even more improvemnt under Burt. Plus there is Shaq. If he stays he will either grow another leg under a Legend Coach OR be quickly moved on. Plus there is Arrow, Koloamatangi and Tatola.
Personally I am far more concerned about Campbell Graham. So should you all. The squad is badly missing his brilliance and class in attack. The current 3 & 4 are doing a sound job, but we badly need Campbell there. In closing, I would retain Milne, he can play in the forwards too if necessary.

Steenson123

Juniors
Yeah, I know he won't come cheap and I don't think he'll get a mill but probably will cost something like $750-800 per season which is still steep. But all top teams have a gun alpha front rower to lead the line and make all the other props better as a result. Wayne knows this.

Hunt is like Leniu - power but short motor. Decent for extra punch but without Tom, who is showing signs of aging to be fair, we need a gun alpha up front.

Therefore, if we can manage it, we should shuffle things to try and get Utoi. I'd rather him than Smith.
Why can't Moale become dominant now that he has a Legend Coach? Moale has been lauded for several seasons [A. Johns for one], he is fit, big enough and young. However he has been held down by having a dud Coach. In and out of the lineup but under Burt/Hornby Coaching he is a regular starter. He and Kelpie are progressing well so quit the whining and wanting.
At some stage the lesser known, salary-cap friendly younger non-established players must become soild starters, cannot simply continue to import and pay overs for players like the Balmain dude. He is overrated and what we have starting now may prove to be one of the best tandems under Burt.

I hope bennett can snag a few top young guns the word freak, champion, and super star is bandied around far too often these days loosely.i recall souths calling ilias a young gun and mamouzelos a young gun and jaxson paulo a freak wake up souths let bennett fix your mess

Eric the great

Juniors
I hope bennett can snag a few top young guns the word freak, champion, and super star is bandied around far too often these days loosely.i recall souths calling ilias a young gun and mamouzelos a young gun and jaxson paulo a freak wake up souths let bennett fix your mess
They were young guns in the juniors they just can’t find there feet in first grade seen that happen to a lot of gun young players who don’t kick on and reach there potential

truthslayer

Juniors
Why can't Moale become dominant now that he has a Legend Coach? Moale has been lauded for several seasons [A. Johns for one], he is fit, big enough and young. However he has been held down by having a dud Coach. In and out of the lineup but under Burt/Hornby Coaching he is a regular starter. He and Kelpie are progressing well so quit the whining and wanting.
At some stage the lesser known, salary-cap friendly younger non-established players must become soild starters, cannot simply continue to import and pay overs for players like the Balmain dude. He is overrated and what we have starting now may prove to be one of the best tandems under Burt.
He’s improving every game

speedster

Juniors
I hope he does and I agree he's coming on well this season but he ain't there yet and we need an alpha male prop pronto whom he can team up with and learn from.

We are short on prop forwards as it is plus we're losing Tom after this season (have you forgotten?). That's not "whining and wanting" it's just a well established fact about our squad acknowledged by pretty much everybody that knows League (like me).

Last edited: