What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Travitoh

First Grade
Dean Hawkins is Adam Reynolds successor and he is 2 years from being ready. Signing Cronk for 2 years is a masterstroke especially if we can get him to groom Hawkins.

I understand what you're saying but until he actually performs in first grade, anything could happen.
At least AR has runs on the board - he's a premiership winning half with NSW jerseys in his collection.

Rabbits20

Immortal
what????

your attitude is just typically very shallow & stupid

you crave engagement, you crave any signing to create the illusion that something is happening

There is no point signing players for the sake of it

I think you'll find, or at least i get the impression that there is a lot of wheeling & dealing going on behind the scenes with quite a few clubs, obviously there are a few big names being mentioned, perhaps they'll move on, change clubs etc, who knows? but if one or more does then like a few journos have suggested it could create a sudden flood of player movements (poor choice of words i know)
You might find that its shrewd of Richo to wait & see who becomes available & not just sign anyone willy nilly to sate the curiosity of the likes of you
Firstly calm down!!!

Don't just march in here and place yourself as being better than us halo with your arrogance.

You can see in the thread I created today re our 2018 depth as to what the issues are and there are issues there....

We have had too many in here saying oh we will be fine and go well these past 2 years and look how that turned out.

I for one don't remove myself from reality...

We even had s poster in here last year when we were 5 wins and 9 losses saying we could make the grand final and that was the stupidest thing I have ever read on our forum!

A prop signing like Ese'ese or Lillyman wouldn't have gone astray that's for sure.....

I know many who are disillusioned with what's happening currently........

Rabbits20

Immortal
I understand what you're saying but until he actually performs in first grade, anything could happen.
At least AR has runs on the board - he's a premiership winning half with NSW jerseys in his collection.
That's what I am saying and that AR could still be playing well in 6yrs.....

Pommy

Coach
We even had s poster in here last year when we were 5 wins and 9 losses saying we could make the grand final and that was the stupidest thing I have ever read on our forum!

irony.png

SattlersJaw14

Juniors
I agree about Reyno being our number one asset. Generally, when he plays well, we win but he has not been playing well at all and that's the issue atm.

I think with a bit more stability & some of the younger players around him maturing
Firstly calm down!!!

Don't just march in here and place yourself as being better than us halo with your arrogance.

You can see in the thread I created today re our 2018 depth as to what the issues are and there are issues there....

We have had too many in here saying oh we will be fine and go well these past 2 years and look how that turned out.

I for one don't remove myself from reality...

A prop signing like Ese'ese or Lillyman wouldn't have gone astray that's for sure.....

I know many who are disillusioned with what's happening currently........

The disillusioned ones are people that expect things to happen every five minutes, they need news to sate their curiosity or they get despondent & angry, they see nearly any player movement, signing etc as some kind of positive, at least something is happening

The reality is of course, a lot of this wheeling & dealing, signing & letting people go involves real people & they are entitled to their privacy, as anyone in an employer, employee situation does, the club will not tell the press anything until they are ready to announce things & anything you read is journalists putting two & two together, some of it is obvious & just makes some kind of sense, of course these same people want to believe this shit because it gives them their little shot of adrenaline

So i put it to you, there is nothing happening currently & there its lots & lots happening currently, you decide what suits your personality as to which is the real deal

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I'm happy to give Reynolds another year before we talk about getting rid of him but he is very one dimensional in attack. Unless he improves on his kicking game then Souths are in for another rough year in 2018. Seibold wants to get him more involved which is a great sign for his coaching already.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Mate I had Talakai in front of Gosiewski anyway. Britt went fairly well and hopefully will provide good depth.
I think Clark still does a good job off the bench. He is up to the pace and is still s solid defender.
Sutto has his moments, but to me seems off the pace, particularly in defence. When a half break is made down his side he is very slow to turn and chase and offers no cover.
If I was to be honest I would be looking to the future and have Crichton, Fuimaono, Murray, starting and Talakai and Turner as my backrowers on the bench.
Sutto will be in the 17. He deserves a bench spot and will be good for impact....

Rabbits20

Immortal
Mate I have Turner in there somewhere. I know it was only one game , but Turner really had a top game against Parra and I thought his best game for quite some time.

He offers pretty good speed through the middle when hitting it up and meets the advantage line quickly. I also think he is a solid defender on the edge when in the backrow. He just needs to get more involved and back himself.

Mate I really think the emergence of the young forwards has us in really good shape. The Burgi will be key no doubt. If George can get his minutes up to what Tom was producing and Tom steps it up a touch more we should be good to go in the go forward area .
Sam 160metres
Tom 140
George 120
Musgrove 120.
If we can get these 4 blokes running these numbers next year this will lay a great platform. The three likely backrowers can have real impact off the back of this type of go forward.
When things go wrong on field Musgrove needs to learn how to stay disciplined.

I have Turner as 18th or 19th man as I rate Clark better....

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yeah for sure mate. George is just getting his body back to top shape after groin and hip surgery in 2016. I think the brain farts that he comes up with are part of the frustration at not being back to his full potential and probably realises that it's a time and patience thing.
The best thing that happened was him not playing in this World Cup. He will now be able to put in a good full off season and hopefully his body is back to 100% and he kills it.
I actually thought Tom was fairly solid . I think more than half of the drop balls he came up with were genuine strips.
The rise of the backrow will take enormous pressure off them and as you say they are only young and not even in their prime as yet.
I liked the way the twins went about their business in the last round game against Parra. They led the young lions well and I'm looking forward to much of the same this year.
I'm very much an optimist, but I think our top 17 looks very good and luck with injury should see us challenge for a top 8 and personally I think we are good enough to give the top 4 a shake.
George disappointed me in the last game. I thought Tom was very good.

I hope George can get back to his best!

Can't see top 4 sorry. Just can't see that happening with the squad we currently have!

handyman2190

Bench
Whoever thinks top 4 or even top 8 is in serious denial wake up!!! See the light unless 2 or 3 decent signings happen its bottom 3 our depth is ziltch any injurys will screw us....we are holding money in reserve for gronk to make his decision and the longer it takes the more screwed we are

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Whoever thinks top 4 or even top 8 is in serious denial wake up!!! See the light unless 2 or 3 decent signings happen its bottom 3 our depth is ziltch any injurys will screw us....we are holding money in reserve for gronk to make his decision and the longer it takes the more screwed we are

I would place money that we don't finish in the bottom 4 but I wouldn't place money that we finish in the top 8. Around 10th sounds right.

ChewRabbit

Juniors
Gday all I'm new to this forum,I thought I'd put my 2 bobs worth,if Cronk were to arrive at Redfern I'd seriously look at Reynolds in the number nine and moving both hookers on.I think both hooker's are ordinary, Farah too Slow and Cook I've never seen the fuss but that's my opinion.The forward pack id like to see is
Sam
Reynolds
Tom
Fuimiano
Chricton
Murray
My bench would be
George
Zane
Turner
Sutton/Talakai
The halves and backline if no injuries I think could be very strong I agree with some that Hyme is done
Aj
Gagai
Jennings
GI
Campbell
Walker
Cronk
I also think Walker needs to look more outside and let go of the footy more.
I also think Sutton just needs to run the ball and get out of the way.
Anyhow that's my thoughts.
" In Siebs we trust"

callmack1

Staff member
Gday all I'm new to this forum,I thought I'd put my 2 bobs worth,if Cronk were to arrive at Redfern I'd seriously look at Reynolds in the number nine and moving both hookers on.I think both hooker's are ordinary, Farah too Slow and Cook I've never seen the fuss but that's my opinion.The forward pack id like to see is
Sam
Reynolds
Tom
Fuimiano
Chricton
Murray
My bench would be
George
Zane
Turner
Sutton/Talakai
The halves and backline if no injuries I think could be very strong I agree with some that Hyme is done
Aj
Gagai
Jennings
GI
Campbell
Walker
Cronk
" In Siebs we trust"
Welcome mate.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
image.jpeg Good morning Gentlemen
I don't wish to sound the eternal pessimistic glass half empty type,but here's reality.
Forward losses from our 2017 roster,
Tyrrell
Cherrington
Rochow
Greinke
Gosiewski
Forward signings to date = 0

Backs lost from our roster,
Goodwin
Gray
Nielsen

Backs signed
Gagai
Arthars

Sadly out of form,not cutting the mustard or under a injury cloud,
Inglis
Burns
Hunt
Reynolds
Sutton
Turner
Clark
G.Burgess
Farah
Cook

Our team has simply no depth and to be placing so much expectation on Crichton,Murray,Graham and Fuimaono at such a early phase in their careers to cover all of the above is just not practical or possible.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Sam
Reynolds
Tom
Fuimiano
Chricton
Murray
My bench would be
George
Zane
Turner
Sutton/Talakai
Aj
Gagai
Jennings
GI
Campbell
Walker
Cronk
" In Siebs we trust"
Welcome Chewy

Itsamansgame

Juniors
View attachment 15935 Good morning Gentlemen
I don't wish to sound the eternal pessimistic glass half empty type,but here's reality.
Forward losses from our 2017 roster,
Tyrrell
Cherrington
Rochow
Greinke
Gosiewski
Forward signings to date = 0

Backs lost from our roster,
Goodwin
Gray
Nielsen

Backs signed
Gagai
Arthars

Sadly out of form,not cutting the mustard or under a injury cloud,
Inglis
Burns
Hunt
Reynolds
Sutton
Turner
Clark
G.Burgess
Farah
Cook

Our team has simply no depth and to be placing so much expectation on Crichton,Murray,Graham and Fuimaono at such a early phase in their careers to cover all of the above is just not practical or possible.
Britt played for us this year,Stockwell and Kennar,no official announcement(thank god)!

doyen

Bench
Britt played for us this year,Stockwell and Kennar,no official announcement(thank god)!

Kennar was definite,I thought!

As a coach,Seibold would be OK with the group he has already,I reckon.

If he can get Sths into the Top 8 or even the top 6 with this squad he will be seen as a huge success!!

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Kennar was definite,I thought!

As a coach,Seibold would be OK with the group he has already,I reckon.

If he can get Sths into the Top 8 or even the top 6 with this squad he will be seen as a huge success!!
No official announcement on Kennar.
I like Seibold's attitude and freshness,nobody more than me will be wishing him a successful tenure!

Latest posts