What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Moderator?...back your statements with factual information before you start posting links.

If its posted on a media site then its factual. Here is the link that I've already posted-

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/b5bae8311a96313ad50e32bd816c7e33

Here is the statement made in the article-

"At around 1pm on Tuesday, Maguire welcomed their newest recruit to the club.

Former Melbourne turned Canterbury centre-winger Richie Kennar had been granted a release by the Bulldogs and was in Redfern to sign the paperwork to play under Maguire next season."

Doesn't matter if there's no official statement from the club. I've quoted an article from a reputable source and so the burden of proof falls to them.

That is how sourcing works.

As I mentioned before, Souths don't make an official statement regarding every signing and so there isn't always an official release from the club. Doesn't mean the player hasn't signed with us. Quite often the only notification we receive is when the official squad is published in the new year.

Perhaps you should learn how your club and the rugby league media work before you challenge a moderator...

Rabbits20

Immortal
Number 1 priority at the club is resigning Crichton. We lose him we take a massive step backwards. I could live with 0 signings as long as he's resigned. Most of the players we released weren't consistent first grade players anyway so they wouldn't of been on big money. However there is definitely spending space in the cap and there will be player movements. A lot of clubs are waiting on Cronks move. If we miss out on Cronk there will probably still be signings.
Bro that's why I been thinking....

If signing Cronk means we lose Angus I'm against that.

Priority 1 sign Angus.... pronto!

If we lose him there will be riots and protest on Chalmers Street!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Bro that's why I been thinking....

If signing Cronk means we lose Angus I'm against that.

Priority 1 sign Angus.... pronto!

If we lose him there will be riots and protest on Chalmers Street!

He's only just getting started as well. Him, fuimaono and Murray are gonna do great things in league I just hope it's with us and not some other team.

SattlersJaw14

Juniors
Mate way better than you'll ever be,your rhetoric is so predictable.

:D:p

yes, language of persuasive & impressive effect, i don't see you impressing anyone Cletus, now get back to Mr Roget's finest work & find yourself some more two syllable words

Failing that, keep an eye on your inbox in case we sign someone, like Pavlov's dogs i'm sure you'll manage a physical reaction

SattlersJaw14

Juniors
If its posted on a media site then its factual. Here is the link that I've already posted-

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/b5bae8311a96313ad50e32bd816c7e33

Here is the statement made in the article-

"At around 1pm on Tuesday, Maguire welcomed their newest recruit to the club.

Former Melbourne turned Canterbury centre-winger Richie Kennar had been granted a release by the Bulldogs and was in Redfern to sign the paperwork to play under Maguire next season."

Doesn't matter if there's no official statement from the club. I've quoted an article from a reputable source and so the burden of proof falls to them.

That is how sourcing works.

As I mentioned before, Souths don't make an official statement regarding every signing and so there isn't always an official release from the club. Doesn't mean the player hasn't signed with us. Quite often the only notification we receive is when the official squad is published in the new year.

Perhaps you should learn how your club and the rugby league media work before you challenge a moderator...

Fox news a reputable source??? lol
The same Fox that was owned by Rupert Murdoch who tried to kill us?

This bloke may well of signed with us, it doesn't seem like real big news but i wouldn't stake my life on because one of these shitty broadcasting networks says so, nor any of the daily rags
Wait for the club

handyman2190

Bench
View attachment 15935 Good morning Gentlemen
I don't wish to sound the eternal pessimistic glass half empty type,but here's reality.
Forward losses from our 2017 roster,
Tyrrell
Cherrington
Rochow
Greinke
Gosiewski
Forward signings to date = 0

Backs lost from our roster,
Goodwin
Gray
Nielsen

Backs signed
Gagai
Arthars

Sadly out of form,not cutting the mustard or under a injury cloud,
Inglis
Burns
Hunt
Reynolds
Sutton
Turner
Clark
G.Burgess
Farah
Cook

Our team has simply no depth and to be placing so much expectation on Crichton,Murray,Graham and Fuimaono at such a early phase in their careers to cover all of the above is just not practical or possible.
I agree and maybe now others can see what u and i have been going on about we are severly weakened with no depth or replacements how the hell can people talk about top 8 when we are going to have trouble staying away from the spoon even if gronk signs without props to create the platform he will be knocked from pillar to post weekly....you just cant assume the burgess twins are going to come good all of a sudden ...they havent performed since 14.
We are in a load of trouble and the bosses are still in wonderland saying we have the team....we dont simple...thanks itsamansgame

handyman2190

Bench
Kennar was definite,I thought!

As a coach,Seibold would be OK with the group he has already,I reckon.

If he can get Sths into the Top 8 or even the top 6 with this squad he will be seen as a huge success!!
Come on doyen are u in dreamland? The team we have hasnt done the business since 14 and we have bought 1 player and lost 6

SattlersJaw14

Juniors
So there you go boys!!

We signed Mark Nicholls from Melbourne, get excited, your wishes are being answered

Ahhhhhhh feel it??? like a drug, we signed someone

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Also we talk about signing more props but then who goes to NSW Cup? Assuming we are going to have a prop rotation of 4 with Sam Burgess, tom Burgess, musgrove and George. Who gets dropped? If you drop George and sign someone else then you are essentially wasting 500k out of the salary cap. Musgrove had a good season and besides the inconsistency is only young and has a bright future. He is playing for Samoa in the World Cup too which will help him immensely. Sam and tom are definitely in the top 17. We shouldn't be signing props on big $$$ if there's no room for them in the squad.

SattlersJaw14

Juniors
Also we talk about signing more props but then who goes to NSW Cup? Assuming we are going to have a prop rotation of 4 with Sam Burgess, tom Burgess, musgrove and George. Who gets dropped? If you drop George and sign someone else then you are essentially wasting 500k out of the salary cap. Musgrove had a good season and besides the inconsistency is only young and has a bright future. He is playing for Samoa in the World Cup too which will help him immensely. Sam and tom are definitely in the top 17. We shouldn't be signing props on big $$$ if there's no room for them in the squad.

or you could be like Jack Gibson & think that when you reckon you've got enough props, what do you do? sign another prop

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
or you could be like Jack Gibson & think that when you reckon you've got enough props, what do you do? sign another prop

We've got quite a few props now the U20 boys are being promoted. They are much more exciting than any prop on the open market. I seriously don't think I could name 1 good one that is free to talk to other clubs. Do we want Sam tagatese lol?

Well i hope the Mark Nicholls we signed goes better than the old bloke then

I reckon so. That's 3 storm players we've signed this year. I think we've finally found a club to steal from.

doyen

Bench
Come on doyen are u in dreamland? The team we have hasnt done the business since 14 and we have bought 1 player and lost 6

I just think maybe it could be in Seibold's interest[a big maybe too,I suppose]to make a big impression with the younger guys we used in 2017 & the few signings made for 2018--Gagai,Arthars,Britt,Kinnar eg!!
If he can get players like Burns,Jennings etc to blossom; & players like GeorgeB,Turner & the like to lift their standards; & we then do indeed make the 8; Seibold will become a star coach o/nite!
Maybe I am dreaming but 2018 is a new season--players like Fui,Angus & Murray etc should be much better players with the experience they've gained this year. Sam at prop to set the example for the others!
If Seibold can get us defending better[we leaked 22+ pts per game this season gone] & we dare to play more creatively--who knows!!!??????