What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Rabbits20

Immortal
Kennar and Jennings could be a bit sus.
Well what choice do we have mate??

Kennar will kill it......

Have faith....
Angus was asked about the response from Souths supporters on last nights news and is taking it in his stride, so you'll be just wasting your time venting on him.
I won't bother that much but others will......

In saying that I probably won't be able to help myself...

Rabbits20

Immortal
Here's one fellas for a possible back line!
Arthars & Hiroti have been impressing the right people.
1:Johnston
2:Arthars
3:Inglis
4:Gagai
5:Hiroti

I like what I've seen of Arthars at the moment,he can kick a good goal also which is required if AR has his normal injury stint.
We've lost Goodwin to fill that void!
I've heard Arthars is much the same as Burns..... if that's the case he may be 12 months away.....

Jennings, Kennar, Graham, Hunt, Burns you'd think would be ahead of the 2 you mention...

Goodwin will be sorely missed and we shall see that this season....

I once again repeat he was the Nightingale of our backline and every side needs one of those..

callmack1

Staff member
I think this news about GI could just be talk as there's no actual sources. However, it does say GI has been training at Centre with AJ at Fullback, anyone know if that's true?

I think for 2018, I would actually prefer him in the centres, but only just. I think we do need to try and lessen the load on him, regardless of how fresh he is as we just can't afford him to spend large amouts of time on the sidelines and we need him out there so a move to centre obviously fits with that.

AJ was looking so good at fullback the backend of last season, outstanding. With a full Pre-Season there, working on his ball playing and bulking up a bit, he could be even better!

He is one of the best centres in the game no doubt and he could become a MASSIVE strike weapon as no body is going to be able to stop him steaming onto it close to the line. I still think we'll see him get his hands on the ball plenty, prehaps even more than the normal centre if he does move and we'd have one of the best centre pairings in the NRL.

I also think that if we had a young winger outside him, it would be hugely benefitial to their game to play right next to someone like GI.

Either way, I don't really mind. He's friggin amazing in both positions, he is that good and as Toad has said, I back GI in any position!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think this news about GI could just be talk as there's no actual sources. However, it does say GI has been training at Centre with AJ at Fullback, anyone know if that's true?

I think for 2018, I would actually prefer him in the centres, but only just. I think we do need to try and lessen the load on him, regardless of how fresh he is as we just can't afford him to spend large amouts of time on the sidelines and we need him out there so a move to centre obviously fits with that.

AJ was looking so good at fullback the backend of last season, outstanding. With a full Pre-Season there, working on his ball playing and bulking up a bit, he could be even better!

He is one of the best centres in the game no doubt and he could become a MASSIVE strike weapon as no body is going to be able to stop him steaming onto it close to the line. I still think we'll see him get his hands on the ball plenty, prehaps even more than the normal centre if he does move and we'd have one of the best centre pairings in the NRL.

I also think that if we had a young winger outside him, it would be hugely benefitial to their game to play right next to someone like GI.

Either way, I don't really mind. He's friggin amazing in both positions, he is that good and as Toad has said, I back GI in any position!
AJ has to improve defensively is my criticism but he's next best option you'd think...

Jennings could play outside GI....

Outside Gagai would be either Kennar or Graham...

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I think this is a master stroke by Seibold. Having Gagai and GI on different sides of the field just creates more threats. I’m confident AJ can do the job. Him and Cook seem to have a great relationship on the field. It just makes our back 5 look so much better on paper.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think this is a master stroke by Seibold. Having Gagai and GI on different sides of the field just creates more threats. I’m confident AJ can do the job. Him and Cook seem to have a great relationship on the field. It just makes our back 5 look so much better on paper.
Jennings for left wing and Kennar/Graham to fight it out for right wing...

Fui must start in the back row imo....

Bring Angus off the bench after 20-25mins and then move Sam to middle......

Start with Tom and Turner at prop.....

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Jennings for left wing and Kennar/Graham to fight it out for right wing...

Fui must start in the back row imo....

Bring Angus off the bench after 20-25mins and then move Sam to middle......

Start with Tom and Turner at prop.....

I like it. Well now that GI and Gagai are confirmed centres that confirms for me that Fui will be in the second row. I’m happy with our second row rotation. I’m still curious as to what’s happening with Sam though. I’m really excited for the trials.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I like it. Well now that GI and Gagai are confirmed centres that confirms for me that Fui will be in the second row. I’m happy with our second row rotation. I’m still curious as to what’s happening with Sam though. I’m really excited for the trials.
For mine you can't just leave Sam on an edge the 80........ we need him to keep that middle strong...... Murray can't do it all....

Sam 20-25 starting in back row......

20-25 in front row and then a 15min rest and then plays last 15-20 in front row....

Starting list:

1. AJ
2. Kennar
3. GI
4. Gagai
5. Jennings
6. Cody
7. AR
8. Tom
9. Cook
10. Turner
11. Sam
12. Fuimaono (if GI or Gagai go down he's straight into that centre position)
13. Murray (if Cook goes down he fills in at hooker for rest of match)

14. Sutton
15. Crichton
16. George
17. Musgrove

18. Farah
19. Graham
20. Britt
21. Nicholls

southsport

First Grade

It's not confirmed, just paper talk atm, there could be some twists and turns still to come before anything is settled.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
It's not confirmed, just paper talk atm, there could be some twists and turns still to come before anything is settled.

I assume that it it’s just what a reporter has heard from a someone inside the club then? It’s funny how these things escalate so quickly. I do hope it’s true. AJ gets so much more involved from the fullback position.

For mine you can't just leave Sam on an edge the 80........ we need him to keep that middle strong...... Murray can't do it all....

Sam 20-25 starting in back row......

20-25 in front row and then a 15min rest and then plays last 15-20 in front row....

Starting list:

1. AJ
2. Kennar
3. GI
4. Gagai
5. Jennings
6. Cody
7. AR
8. Tom
9. Cook
10. Turner
11. Sam
12. Fuimaono (if GI or Gagai go down he's straight into that centre position)
13. Murray (if Cook goes down he fills in at hooker for rest of match)

14. Sutton
15. Crichton
16. George
17. Musgrove

18. Farah
19. Graham
20. Britt
21. Nicholls

I like that team as well. I think Nicholls might be in the starting 17 though. Same as Graham. Jennings has a bunch of natural talent but I think he plays his best footy in the centres. Graham seems much more suited to the wing. Unless Gagai shifts to the wing and Jennings moves to centre.

As for Nicholls I don’t think he’s made the jump to play for the bears. Apparently he’s one of the fittest players in the squad. I think he will be in the starting 17 somewhere. It’ll probably be for Musgrove. Whilst he is a great young talent I can’t see Turner, George or Tom being dropped.

Rabbits20

Immortal
You going to the Wigan match mate???

Rabbits20

Immortal
I assume that it it’s just what a reporter has heard from a someone inside the club then? It’s funny how these things escalate so quickly. I do hope it’s true. AJ gets so much more involved from the fullback position.

I like that team as well. I think Nicholls might be in the starting 17 though. Same as Graham. Jennings has a bunch of natural talent but I think he plays his best footy in the centres. Graham seems much more suited to the wing. Unless Gagai shifts to the wing and Jennings moves to centre.

As for Nicholls I don’t think he’s made the jump to play for the bears. Apparently he’s one of the fittest players in the squad. I think he will be in the starting 17 somewhere. It’ll probably be for Musgrove. Whilst he is a great young talent I can’t see Turner, George or Tom being dropped.
You know what I think you could be right re Nicholls...

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
You going to the Wigan match mate???

Hell yes I am. Pretty disappointed the membership doesn’t cover it but I’m still going. I’ve never seen a super league team live before and I’m quite excited. They seem to be getting much better every year. Australia only just scraped past England in the last World Cup as well.

You know what I think you could be right re Nicholls...

Yeah I think he’s a player that wants to prove his an NRL player. That’s exactly why he made the move. I don’t think his pay is better and I don’t think he moved here because of the housing prices. If he can crack into the Melbourne 17 he’s already a massive improvement on Rochow who I thought was actually okay.

As for Graham I can’t look past someone who was in the emerging blues camp. I think that’s just going to elevate him to another level in 2018. Jennings has a lot of potential I totally get that but he’ll be first up if one of our centres gets injured I reckon.

southsport

First Grade
I think Farah has to be in the line-up, Souths can't pay a player up to $600k for the season and then play him at norths.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I think Farah has to be in the line-up, Souths can't pay a player up to $600k for the season and then play him at norths.

That’s definitely a valid point but I think our team is weakened by having 2 hookers in the squad. If Farah does play it has to as number 9 or a bench lock or something. But does that mean that we drop a player like Turner or Nicholls? I just don’t see where he fits into the starting 17. I think it would be a mistake to play him.