What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Rabbitoad

Juniors
With the Bears off to align with the Roosters next year, we should be contracting any of their players that we see some promise in. Not sure if we align with Cabra or go it alone just yet but we should be doing our best to make sure that we are covered whichever way we go.
Agreed, but this season Kaveinga is the only player of value under contract to the Bears, not us.

Also, I would absolutely love to see us play a Rabbitohs team in the ISP Cup based out of Redfern Oval.

callmack1

Staff member
Thanks for the updates Toad. I couldn't read the article about Tatola because it went to paywall but if it's true that he's re-signed, that's fantastic news!

ThingFish

Juniors
With the Bears off to align with the Roosters next year, we should be contracting any of their players that we see some promise in. Not sure if we align with Cabra or go it alone just yet but we should be doing our best to make sure that we are covered whichever way we go.
Stand alone would be great. But an alignment with one of my old jr clubs in Cabra would be awesome!!!

handyman2190

Bench
I haven't heard its official that we are splitting with the bears

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Thanks for the updates Toad. I couldn't read the article about Tatola because it went to paywall but if it's true that he's re-signed, that's fantastic news!
He said (as opposed to the journo claiming it) that he'd re-signed for 2019. I've hit the paywall now too or I'd screenshot it lol

Who are they?
Kaveinga is the Bears fullback (I think he's currently out injured though) that's averaged 150m per game this year.

Similar style of player to Dane Gagai, but he's about 10cm taller and 10kgs heavier.

Here's a highlight video

Keaon Koloamatangi is a 20 year old prop who's been getting picked as a starting prop ahead of Sam Johnstone, Ky Rodwell and Vincent Leulaui for the Bears in recent weeks.

Also a South's junior.

Both have a shit ton of potential and have been standout performers in ISP Cup this year.

callmack1

Staff member
He said (as opposed to the journo claiming it) that he'd re-signed for 2019. I've hit the paywall now too or I'd screenshot it lol

Kaveinga is the Bears fullback (I think he's currently out injured though) that's averaged 150m per game this year.

Similar style of player to Dane Gagai, but he's about 10cm taller and 10kgs heavier.

Here's a highlight video

Keaon Koloamatangi is a 20 year old prop who's been getting picked as a starting prop ahead of Sam Johnstone, Ky Rodwell and Vincent Leulaui for the Bears in recent weeks.

Also a South's junior.

Both have a shit ton of potential and have been standout performers in ISP Cup this year.
Sounds/looks promising!!

handyman2190

Bench

Here's a highlight video

Also a South's junior.

This kaveniga shows great potential and exactly the type of mistake free youngsters we should target glad we have given him and the prop a chance

ThingFish

Juniors
Story on the League Live app quoting Seibs confirming Braidon Burns out with glute injury replaced on bench by Fui. Also suggested AJ, CG and GI playing. Sorry but can’t link it on the iPad. Story is called “GI would make a good coach”.

Probably a better bench with Fui on it anyway.

If we don't see any injuries to an outside back, Burns probably doesn't get a run. Fui can slot into the centres to cover that area but he can also come on as an extra forward if needed, to give someone in the back row a rest.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Probably a better bench with Fui on it anyway.

If we don't see any injuries to an outside back, Burns probably doesn't get a run. Fui can slot into the centres to cover that area but he can also come on as an extra forward if needed, to give someone in the back row a rest.
Burns has a glute injury.

ThingFish

Juniors
Jennings set to re-sign with Rabbitohs: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/24/robert-jennings-set-to-re-sign-with-south-sydney-rabbitohs/

Fantastic news!! Well deserved for Jenko too, he's been amazing.
This is amazing news. I know he’s been with us a few years now, but for mine he’s been the “find” of the season. He has found the potential he’s always had, but wasn’t quite using. I think that’s because of the change in culture that Seibs has brought into the sheds. Now come October let’s get that signature as well :rabbit::rabbit:

Rsag85

Bench
MAJOR NEWS!!

DALY CHERRY EVANS TO BACKFLIP AGAIN?.

Despite signing an 8 year, $10 million contract Daly Cherry Evans has requested a release from the Manly Sea Eagles. Some talk that both Martin Taupau and Dylan Walker are wanting to leave the club as-well.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
MAJOR NEWS!!

DALY CHERRY EVANS TO BACKFLIP AGAIN?.

Despite signing an 8 year, $10 million contract Daly Cherry Evans has requested a release from the Manly Sea Eagles. Some talk that both Martin Taupau and Dylan Walker are wanting to leave the club as-well.
According to who?