What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

ram raid

Bench
AJ obviously wants fullback money in the long term and going back to wing has to be a kick in the guts. But yeah I don't see him an elite fullback. It's the most competitive position in the game. He might get a run there at another clubs but most likely only until someone better comes along.

ThingFish

Juniors
I hate this dickhead with all my soul, but it is what it is.

09B26866-0819-4A51-9456-57175CD97A69.png

Added later: He’s a forward and all will be revealed in Rothfield’s Sunday column.

Last edited:

Go Bunnies

Juniors
Bad luck! He isnt a FB that was proven this year, he is a winger and it pains me to say, let him go, he can play reserve grade at the raiders they have a FB who was better than AJ when he took over from wighton,who may be playing 5.8 unless they pick up another half, and their wingers are first class.
GI is the club captain, and through his ups and downs, should be listened to, they are the 2 who supposedly had a punchup.
Where does it say they had a punch up in that article.
Stop spreading gossip

Go Bunnies

Juniors
Its not in that article,couple of weeks ago the lurker reported 2 souths players had a altercation when they were on a night out.
Yes I saw that article as well but where did it say it was AJ and Inglis,
The players are on holidays and haven’t even been together.
I can tell you as a fact AJ has had no blow up with any Souths player. This is fKe news and you have to wonder who is releasing these stories.

ThingFish

Juniors
I can tell you as a fact AJ has had no blow up with any Souths player. This is fKe news and you have to wonder who is releasing these stories.
Yeah. I can’t see AJ as the getting drunk throwing punches type, and sure hope to hell that after his DUI that GI isn’t getting drunk and throwing punches. There was a story going around during the finals that two Souths players were not talking to each other and one was so angry he could actually want out. This sounds more like that rumour.

handyman2190

Bench
Look i may be wrong ill admitt i just put 2 and 2 together, if it wasnt those 2 then it was another 2 and we have the seeds of unrest in our squad, which is disturbing,i can only hope im wrong.
I am worried that we have many unsigned beyond 19, leaving them will only raise their value how can we resign them?

Go Bunnies

Juniors
Look i may be wrong ill admitt i just put 2 and 2 together, if it wasnt those 2 then it was another 2 and we have the seeds of unrest in our squad, which is disturbing,i can only hope im wrong.
I am worried that we have many unsigned beyond 19, leaving them will only raise their value how can we resign them?
Also the rumour is Raiders want Shaun Johnson - maybe the Lurker got the names mixed up as well.

Travitoh

First Grade
On the topic of AJ at FB - Up until his hamstring injury he was flying. He was linking up with the left side brilliantly and was top 3 in pretty much every stat amongst NRL FB's.
When he returned from injury the wheels had already fallen off at Souths but it is that period of time that people are using to discredit him.
The same things that are being said of AJ now were said about Val Holmes 12 months ago. Now Val is considered one of the NRL's best.
Yes, AJ's kick returns need improvement and i believe a good offseason in the gym would go a long way to that, but I'm not willing to write him off just yet.
That said, should Corey Allen perform well enough in preseason to displace AJ then so be it.