What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

ThingFish

Juniors
George has been officially summoned to appear before a disciplinary committee over eye gouging charges.

I hope the 3rd test counts as 1 game of any suspension he might get.

http://www.rugby-league.com/article/53950/match-review-panel-george-burgess-

Update Edit - He has been charged with a Grade D contrary conduct. If guilty that’s minimum 3 game, maximum 5 game suspension. Third test WILL count so he could miss the first 2 to 4 games next year.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
Such great news that Cookie has apparently re-signed!! If we lost him, I'd be absolutely devastated. Sutto also appears to be very close to re-signing and there are reports that Jenko has already done so as well! This is all fantastic news!!

John Sutton closes in on NRL contract for 16th season with South Sydney: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-jo...the-mole/42a40f11-671d-4944-8cd7-c28719102ab6

South Sydney could split Burgess twins if Tevita Pangai Junior signs for 2020: https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...ract-wayne-bennett/1fuqmj12uawgr1scsjphjnorji

What's everyone's thoughts on that last article? Personally, I really don't want the twins split up if they can continue this awesome form for coming years. They are both such damaging ball runners as we know, great players and I think that in a game, having all three Burgess boys rolling as one really inspires the rest of the side. There's also the fact that having them together brings in a huge family aspect to the club and I have a feeling that they don't want to split so if we lose one, we may lose both.

Hopefully, we can bring in Pangi Jnr for 2020 (as a second rower) and still retain both the twins.

On another note, Luke Burgess has returned to the club and has an off field role which is really cool.

handyman2190

Bench
Such great news that Cookie has apparently re-signed!! If we lost him, I'd be absolutely devastated. Sutto also appears to be very close to re-signing and there are reports that Jenko has already done so as well! This is all fantastic news!!

John Sutton closes in on NRL contract for 16th season with South Sydney: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-jo...the-mole/42a40f11-671d-4944-8cd7-c28719102ab6

South Sydney could split Burgess twins if Tevita Pangai Junior signs for 2020: https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...ract-wayne-bennett/1fuqmj12uawgr1scsjphjnorji

What's everyone's thoughts on that last article? Personally, I really don't want the twins split up if they can continue this awesome form for coming years. They are both such damaging ball runners as we know, great players and I think that in a game, having all three Burgess boys rolling as one really inspires the rest of the side. There's also the fact that having them together brings in a huge family aspect to the club and I have a feeling that they don't want to split so if we lose one, we may lose both.

Hopefully, we can bring in Pangi Jnr for 2020 (as a second rower) and still retain both the twins.

On another note, Luke Burgess has returned to the club and has an off field role which is really cool.

Personally i think that article is media BS, sutto will leave after next year musgrove and turner will be gonski so money freed up pengai will sign with no problem to any burgess

ThingFish

Juniors
Personally i think that article is media BS, sutto will leave after next year musgrove and turner will be gonski so money freed up pengai will sign with no problem to any burgess
TPJ is only forward we know is on WB’s shopping list. There could be others that will take that cap space. But hopefully WB just says “I want em both Richo”.

CAFPOW

Juniors
I'm not sure, But I think Souths update their Team profile page. Jennings and Johnstone has
been added along with the new recruits but no Sutton.

Rhyno

First Grade
Parramatta Eels are set to table a mega-contract to lure South Rabbitohs star and NSW hero, Damien Cook away from Redfern.

Cook, 27, had an unbelievable 2018, the South Sydney hooker started the season jockeying with veteran Robbie Farah for the No.9 jumper at the Rabbitohs and has finished it taking over the hooking duties from Cameron Smith in the Australian team.

Cook’s speed out of dummy-half and his guile with the ball has been a major asset for Souths this season and the reason for his debut in the NSW State of Origin team. He easily topped the count for dummy-half runs (173) with daylight second and as a result was awarded the Dally M Award for the No.9 jersey.

cookd-180803_gt_00.jpg

Damien Cook’s manager has turned up the heat on the Rabbitohs, declaring his client is in no hurry to re-sign with the club as rival NRL clubs circle with Parramatta believed to be leading the pack with a multi-million dollar tabled to cook.

Parramatta have been searching for a replacements since Nathan Peats was forced to leave the club and join the Titans due to their salary cap crisis in the 2016 season.

It is understood Parramatta are offering Cook a deal worth $4.5 million over 5 years, an amount that is considerable more then what the Rabbitohs currently have table to cook.

Cook has made 74 NRL appearances since his debut in Round 6 of the 2013 NRL season, for the Dragons against the Wests Tigers.

https://www.5thtackle.com/2018/11/05/parramatta-looking-to-snare-rabbitohs-star/

callmack1

Staff member
Hope so.

Parramatta Eels are set to table a mega-contract to lure South Rabbitohs star and NSW hero, Damien Cook away from Redfern.

Cook, 27, had an unbelievable 2018, the South Sydney hooker started the season jockeying with veteran Robbie Farah for the No.9 jumper at the Rabbitohs and has finished it taking over the hooking duties from Cameron Smith in the Australian team.

Cook’s speed out of dummy-half and his guile with the ball has been a major asset for Souths this season and the reason for his debut in the NSW State of Origin team. He easily topped the count for dummy-half runs (173) with daylight second and as a result was awarded the Dally M Award for the No.9 jersey.

cookd-180803_gt_00.jpg

Damien Cook’s manager has turned up the heat on the Rabbitohs, declaring his client is in no hurry to re-sign with the club as rival NRL clubs circle with Parramatta believed to be leading the pack with a multi-million dollar tabled to cook.

Parramatta have been searching for a replacements since Nathan Peats was forced to leave the club and join the Titans due to their salary cap crisis in the 2016 season.

It is understood Parramatta are offering Cook a deal worth $4.5 million over 5 years, an amount that is considerable more then what the Rabbitohs currently have table to cook.

Cook has made 74 NRL appearances since his debut in Round 6 of the 2013 NRL season, for the Dragons against the Wests Tigers.

https://www.5thtackle.com/2018/11/05/parramatta-looking-to-snare-rabbitohs-star/
Eels can piss off!! Hopefully the mail is correct and Cookie has already re-signed but if not, I hope it's not all about money for him and he stays loyal to the club.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Okay bro.

Just so no one has a heart attack, this my friends is what Southy was referring too ahaha,

View attachment 24772
Cook has turned his back on Redfern, as has every other player that has ever played for Souths haha.
Then we have this in the link which is a worry.

Parra gonna offer him 4.5 mil over 5 seasons. That’s 900k a season.

Parra can f**k off!

He’s ours. I really have everything crossed he stays loyal to us. I couldn’t see him going to Parra as a good move!