What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
It’s a shame, had a few injuries last year but played some good footy. However Kye Rodwell is still on the books and he’s a star of the future. Good crop of young front rowers in Knight, Rodwell, Amone and Koalomatangi. Good mentors there in the burgesses. On a side note I would have loved to see Goseivski back at the club.

Definitely. He still has the potential to play NRL with another club we just can't really afford to hold onto a promising junior when we have so many coming through. I'm a big fan of all those players but I think Amone and Knight have the potential to be in our top 17 if Wayne decides to play 3 props off the bench.

RunRabbitRun69

Juniors
True that, I’d start Nicholls or Tatola and bring Knight onto the bench. I liked what I saw of Nicholls last year, few errors and good work rate. I understand it’s not ideal to carry a hooker on the bench but Brittain is far better than McIlwrick but totally untested. He can fill in at loose forward to give Cam a short break and Cook can play the 80, it would suck if Cookie got injured and our best replacement hadn’t played a game of first grade.
The other option is playing Bayley Sironen.

Has shown at NSW Cup level that he's more than capable of playing in the halves or at hooker and if that's not required, the kid is a very good ball playing second rower.

Oldmate

Juniors
The other option is playing Bayley Sironen.

Has shown at NSW Cup level that he's more than capable of playing in the halves or at hooker and if that's not required, the kid is a very good ball playing second rower.
Went well in the charity shield but I haven’t seen enough to be convinced. His stats from ISP last year left a lot to be desired. Brittain is a hard worker from a professional background and I think we should give him a shot before he goes elsewhere, in saying that McIlwrick went well on the weekend too, it’s a good headache. So based in on the charity shield and our available squad, what’s everyone’s round one 17

RunRabbitRun69

Juniors
That article doesn't work but yes, the Eels are after McIlwrick. I don't think we should stand in his way if he wants to go. Will provide a bit of salary cap relief and we have Brittain who I think is a more than capable back up option.
I'm happy to let McIlwrick go, but how do you know the Eels are after him?

ThingFish

Juniors
That article doesn't work but yes, the Eels are after McIlwrick. I don't think we should stand in his way if he wants to go. Will provide a bit of salary cap relief and we have Brittain who I think is a more than capable back up option.
The Eels are after about 3 or 4 other hookers atm. But if he goes we might be able to get Amone into the top 30.

Latest posts