What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

ThingFish

Juniors
I disagree, for the first game of the season I thought Nichols was great. I watched the replay and the miss, well these things happen, let me just point out Cameron Murry also failed in that tackle, admittedly from the other side of the ruck.

I watched the Sunday game played in the mud and Amone did take the ball up strongly but he consistently failed to break the defensive line, I don't recall him making a break just being held up over the line. Sure, he played hard and made know mistakes but it wasn't first grade defense like the defense dished out by Whywerra-Hardgreaves (?)
I think maybe Amone will be a lot better when Bennett decides the time is right.
Tom Amone: One try-assist, one line-break assist, four tackle-breaks, 182 total metres, 93 post-contact metres, 27 tackles.

4 tackle busts for 93 post-contact metres. Pretty good stats.

Tom Amone and Dean Britt make Canterbury Cup team of the week!!

Amone: One try-assist, one line-break assist, four tackle-breaks, 182 total metres, 93 post-contact metres, 27 tackles.
I only seen the first 30 mins of the game but Amones runs looked real strong that that soggy Field. I’m sure it won’t be that long before WB gives him a chance if he keeps that form up.

RunRabbitRun69

Juniors
I disagree, for the first game of the season I thought Nichols was great. I watched the replay and the miss, well these things happen, let me just point out Cameron Murry also failed in that tackle, admittedly from the other side of the ruck.
It was Nicholls' tackle, that Murray couldn't cover his mistake doesn't make Murray just as bad mate.

He had several lazy moments like that and spent a lot of his time on the field looking blown up and out on his feet.

Again, I think it's more due to a lack of match fitness, but if I was picking the team, I'd be putting him down to reserve grade to get some serious minutes in his legs before giving him another chance.

ThingFish

Juniors
I only seen the first 30 mins of the game but Amones runs looked real strong that that soggy Field. I’m sure it won’t be that long before WB gives him a chance if he keeps that form up.
Agree. I don’t think he should be thrown straight into first grade, but it is good that it looks like he’s now in our 30, and he’s there if required. WB is a great judge of young talent, he’ll know when he’s ready.

assess5

Juniors
Tom Amone: One try-assist, one line-break assist, four tackle-breaks, 182 total metres, 93 post-contact metres, 27 tackles.

4 tackle busts for 93 post-contact metres. Pretty good stats.

Those sorts of stats mean he was on the field.

'Nicholls fully focused for Dragons' see, he'll be better Thursday night.

Last edited:

ThingFish

Juniors

Hey I’ve got nothing against Nicholls. Never mentioned him once in any of my posts.

All I’ve done is express my joy that Amone is now in the 30, and if you read my previous post I even suggest he NOT be throw into first grade, and that WB would know when he’s ready

And BTW they are not just on the field stats. A lot of forwards don’t even do 98m let alone 98 post contact.

assess5

Juniors
Hey I’ve got nothing against Nicholls. Never mentioned him once in any of my posts.

All I’ve done is express my joy that Amone is now in the 30, and if you read my previous post I even suggest he NOT be throw into first grade, and that WB would know when he’s ready

And BTW they are not just on the field stats. A lot of forwards don’t even do 98m let alone 98 post contact.

Chill out dude, I will express my opinion whenever and however I like. If I've ruffled your feathers your in for a long season, Blossom.

Statistics, statistics dam statistics, by whom would you prefer to be tackled, Wheywerea - Hardgreaves or some guy in reserve grade.

Anyway, Nicholls may have to make room for Burgess' s return which is when? Anybody common common...…...answers answers

250excf

Juniors

97 post contact metres
What does those statistics mean he was on the field ,never heard anything as silly before
Did you actually watch the nsw cup game
And I don’t think you ruffled anybody’s feathers just wondering what that statement actually means ( if anything )

250excf

Juniors
Chill out dude, I will express my opinion whenever and however I like. If I've ruffled your feathers your in for a long season, Blossom.

Statistics, statistics dam statistics, by whom would you prefer to be tackled, Wheywerea - Hardgreaves or some guy in reserve grade.

Anyway, Nicholls may have to make room for Burgess' s return which is when? Anybody common common...…...answers answers
George back Rd 4

assess5

Juniors
97 post contact metres
What does those statistics mean he was on the field ,never heard anything as silly before
Did you actually watch the nsw cup game
And I don’t think you ruffled anybody’s feathers just wondering what that statement actually means ( if anything )

Yep, I watched the game, why don't you tell us all what you think is the main differences between Friday nights game and nsw cup game or is it called the Canterbury cup game?

I'd be interested in your view.

250excf

Juniors
Yep, I watched the game, why don't you tell us all what you think is the main differences between Friday nights game and nsw cup game or is it called the Canterbury cup game?

How about you just explain the statement you made that those statistics just mean he was on the field instead of returning a question with a question

assess5

Juniors

Sorry, didn't answer the main thrust of your response 'What does those statistics mean he was on the field ,never heard anything as silly '.

I meant as he spent, was it fifty minutes on the field, he was bound to do something e.g run some metres, tackle some opposition players, carry some tacklers as he continued to run.
Can I ask How many players on that puddle of a football field managed to progress a good number of metres, carrying defenders who where having a very difficult time hanging on to them.
Did he score a try, Turner did, who many metres and tackles did Turner make? Maybe Kyle Turner should replace Nichols, he did after all score. And Turners' very experienced in first grade.

assess5

Juniors
I've read a lot of more silly things on here mate, stick around.

Is it called the Canterbury cup or was that only that game?

Was Amone off the field in the second half or did he just go quiet?

250excf

Juniors
Sorry, didn't answer the main thrust of your response 'What does those statistics mean he was on the field ,never heard anything as silly '.

I meant as he spent, was it fifty minutes on the field, he was bound to do something e.g run some metres, tackle some opposition players, carry some tacklers as he continued to run.
Can I ask How many players on that puddle of a football field managed to progress a good number of metres, carrying defenders who where having a very difficult time hanging on to them.
Did he score a try, Turner did, who many metres and tackles did Turner make? Maybe Kyle Turner should replace Nichols, he did after all score. And Turners' very experienced in first grade.
Fair enough mate,yes I agree Turner played very well and I’m happy he is on the bench for NRL this weekend
Not sure if Amone went quiet or was off during the second half,but he sure made himself noticed in the first

RunRabbitRun69

Juniors
Before George gets back in Round 4 seems like the perfect time to blood Amone in first grade and let him see what the standard is.

When George is back, it'll be a Tom/George/Tatola/Knight rotation, so it's not like we're putting him through the acid test.

Like I previously said, Nicholls needs more game time to get his match fitness up, so it seems like dropping Nicholls for Amone would be best for both parties.

That being said, I don't have Wayne's knowledge or experience, so I have faith in him to make the right call.

Just seems strange to me.