What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

250excf

Juniors
Couldn't agree more with everything you said tonight @250excf, probably couldn't have put it better myself! Well said mate.
Thanks Callmack I’m going through similar except the ex won’t let me see my 2 dogs ( King Charles cavaliers ) they are like my kids as well ,( I see my daughter all the time which is fantastic ) I know they are dogs but denying access is low anyway let’s get back on track with some signing rumours hey :sunglasses::thumbsup:

callmack1

Staff member
Sam is done. This article from the Daily Telegraph is suggesting that there could be an announcement in the coming week. Honestly, this will devastste me to my core, not gonna handle it well at all.

Rabbitohs board to be told Sam Burgess needs to retire

Danny Weidler
By Danny Weidler
October 26, 2019 — 10.00pm

At a recent golf day, Rabbitohs enforcer Sam Burgess was asked in front of a gathered audience if he would play in the NRL again.

He didn’t pull any punches when he said it wasn’t looking good – in other words the message was he thought he’d have to retire.

The Souths board will meet this week. The message they will hear is that Burgess needs to retire.
From what we have been told, the infection in his shoulder has ruined it. That is key to both his playing future and South Sydney’s ability to write off his contract should he pull the pin.

Burgess has been told the infection means he can’t have more work on the area for a year.

That’s been a fact Sam has been processing and he is shocked.

It’s a reality Burgess is trying to come to terms with.

We will learn more in coming days as Souths deal with medical reports. A retirement media conference for Burgess is on the cards this week.

NRL rules state that the salary-cap auditor may only grant a club relief if a retiring player had no similar injury before the start of their current contract.

The evidence that the injury is a fresh one is strong, from South Sydney’s point of view. The infection coming after the injury is crucial.

Souths are not going to try to prevent Burgess from getting his legal entitlement for his contract – but if Burgess retires, they will need to prove he is salary-cap exempt to make a play for a star forward to replace him. David Fifita and Jai Arrow would be near the top of their list.

For all the discussion of Burgess’ playing future, at the moment it is not the biggest problem he is dealing with.

His marriage collapse is a far bigger issue in his life.

He reconnected with his wife, Phoebe, after their first public break-up last year, out of a desire to keep his family together.

Say what you want about Burgess as a husband – plenty have – his love of his children can’t be disputed. It’s believed his verbal spray of Phoebe’s father, Mitchell Hooke, related to his ability to access his kids.

Burgess was subsequently issued with a temporary apprehended violence order by NSW police. A hearing at Moss Vale Local Court on November 6 will tell us more.

Spot On

Coach
Will be for the best if the recruitment and retention people get it right Callmack.

The fear is putting too many dollars into the wrong players under Bennett.

Otherwise it is an exciting time for your club.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Sam is done. This article from the Daily Telegraph is suggesting that there could be an announcement in the coming week. Honestly, this will devastste me to my core, not gonna handle it well at all.

Rabbitohs board to be told Sam Burgess needs to retire

Danny Weidler
By Danny Weidler
October 26, 2019 — 10.00pm

At a recent golf day, Rabbitohs enforcer Sam Burgess was asked in front of a gathered audience if he would play in the NRL again.

He didn’t pull any punches when he said it wasn’t looking good – in other words the message was he thought he’d have to retire.

The Souths board will meet this week. The message they will hear is that Burgess needs to retire.
From what we have been told, the infection in his shoulder has ruined it. That is key to both his playing future and South Sydney’s ability to write off his contract should he pull the pin.

Burgess has been told the infection means he can’t have more work on the area for a year.

That’s been a fact Sam has been processing and he is shocked.

It’s a reality Burgess is trying to come to terms with.

We will learn more in coming days as Souths deal with medical reports. A retirement media conference for Burgess is on the cards this week.

NRL rules state that the salary-cap auditor may only grant a club relief if a retiring player had no similar injury before the start of their current contract.

The evidence that the injury is a fresh one is strong, from South Sydney’s point of view. The infection coming after the injury is crucial.

Souths are not going to try to prevent Burgess from getting his legal entitlement for his contract – but if Burgess retires, they will need to prove he is salary-cap exempt to make a play for a star forward to replace him. David Fifita and Jai Arrow would be near the top of their list.

For all the discussion of Burgess’ playing future, at the moment it is not the biggest problem he is dealing with.

His marriage collapse is a far bigger issue in his life.

He reconnected with his wife, Phoebe, after their first public break-up last year, out of a desire to keep his family together.

Say what you want about Burgess as a husband – plenty have – his love of his children can’t be disputed. It’s believed his verbal spray of Phoebe’s father, Mitchell Hooke, related to his ability to access his kids.

Burgess was subsequently issued with a temporary apprehended violence order by NSW police. A hearing at Moss Vale Local Court on November 6 will tell us more.
IMG_20191027_100103.jpg
AT LEAST HE ISNT DOING WHAT MOST DO IN SIMILAR CIRCUMSTANCES AND THAT IS SITTING AROUND WORRYING ABOUT HIS HEARTLESS WIFE AND CHILDREN HE LOVES.

Spot On

Coach
I'd be fixing the Gagai issue straight away. Saving 400K right there by putting a young bloke who can run a bit on the wing. Put the $$$ into more needy positions.

Cook needs some decent frontrowers to play behind.

Travitoh

First Grade
The Jai Arrow link is an interesting one.
Very good player, versatile middle forward and potentially available for 2020. Would definitely like to see him at Souths and would compliment the squad well.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
The Jai Arrow link is an interesting one.
Very good player, versatile middle forward and potentially available for 2020. Would definitely like to see him at Souths and would compliment the squad well.
Isn't it strange how 75% off all NRL news is on South Sydney? Good, bad, indifferent it's all about Souths. Not a bad sell your product move. :joy::joy:

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Leave Sam's private life for another thread if it really needs to be discussed please. We don't know the actual details and we don't need to.
I agree. If it's possible, let's leave his personal life out of it. After all, it is a league forum and not Payton Place Revisited.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
I'd be fixing the Gagai issue straight away. Saving 400K right there by putting a young bloke who can run a bit on the wing. Put the $$$ into more needy positions.

You have to feel for Bennett. First Greg Inglis retires. Then John Sutton. Now it looks like he's lost Sam Burgess. But the Master coach will have something up his sleeve.

handyman2190

Bench

If we turf gagai and get mitchel burns can play wing, or AJ can stay there,he is better on the wing,and douhi at FB but what about mitchell at FB?

truthslayer

Juniors
Hey Guys love you vision on players but one thing you guys havnt touched on is DOUEHI he will be class and we have to have a spot for him. He did a great job at fullback and is a player of the future we cant afford to lose someone like this.So all this hype about so called want to be signings are a slap in the face to Adam.

Latest posts