Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Discussion in 'South Sydney Rabbitohs' started by southsport, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Peter Quinn

Peter Quinn Juniors

Handyman, where did you hear Cody has been told we don't want him or he can go? That's the first time I've heard that.

callmack1 likes this.
  2. Rabbit toes

Rabbit toes Bench

Are saying that Souths are trying to sign the best centre in the game, to play him out of position in either fullback or 5/8 and then let an excellent 5/8 (Walker) who by your calculations would be on less, go to another club?

callmack1, Travitoh and Peter Quinn like this.
  3. handyman2190

handyman2190 Juniors

You will hear it soon, id like to tell you but ive been ridiculed before about my insider info, but rest assured im not making it up, they were going to resign him but when the price hit the amount i said they changed their mind, for obvious reasons

Peter Quinn likes this.
  4. Souths Till I Die

Souths Till I Die First Grade

I’m okay with spending a million for Latrell. He’s the only player I believe has anything close to GI’s ability so I think that would be smart recruitment plus he’s still very young. He could become a leader at Souths.

i don’t think spending a million on David Fifita is a smart move though. Yes he’s a great player but he’s not a Taumalolo yet. He hasn’t really proven anything besides he’s big and he can bust a tackle. I think it would be foolish to throw such big money at him.

Travitoh and Peter Quinn like this.
  5. Peter Quinn

Peter Quinn Juniors

I'd be careful if I was the club. This bloke hit rep footy this year and his play for the team was excellent, except for a few games he looked down through injury and disappointment as well I think. But unless they've signed a natural five eighth from somewhere else, I wouldn't be in a hurry to March him out the gate.

6. Peter Quinn

Peter Quinn Juniors

$750K for me with higher money promised if successful.

7. Peter Quinn

Peter Quinn Juniors

He isn't coming to play 5/8. If he does come, he's in the neckline somewhere until he gets use to our play then he will switch to fullback. (IF HE COMES).

8. handyman2190

handyman2190 Juniors

He isnt worth 800k latrell is worth the mill, now is the time to get him at 22,cody will be 31 i say arivadeci, fafita either you pay now andreap the benefit or never get him especially if he kicks on,if anyone is being paid 1mill by a club, why leave for 1 mill? You got to grab them when they are at this stage or forget it,we need 2 marquees, they are it,sink or swim,bottom half of the table or top half,no ifs no buts,bennet wont be the pied pipper for more than the next 2 years, besides someone tell me ,who else is available? And no fairy ideas please, everyone here must think its easy persuading players to come, it only happens when they are relatively young.

Peter Quinn likes this.
  9. lynx000

lynx000 Juniors

Fifita is contracted for next year, you won't be getting him for next year.

10. Peter Quinn

Peter Quinn Juniors

All good. But I believe Fafita wants to come to Souths regardless of how much.

callmack1 likes this.
  11. handyman2190

handyman2190 Juniors

Crazier things have happened mr bronco,we wrrent spose to get bennet this year either,dont forget you are scratching to find money for croft at the end fafita will be released, you think everything will fall into place bird leaves etc etc,forget it

Peter Quinn likes this.
  12. handyman2190

handyman2190 Juniors

You got to be loose to accept 500k and give up 1mill even for 1 year

13. callmack1

callmack1 Moderator Staff Member

So where do these rumours about Latrell and Cody come from? Obviously, Latrell has been linked with us but where does the one about Cody come from? It's the first I've heard of it.

Also,

Rabbitohs finalise coaching structure for 2020 Season: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/10/28/rabbitohs-finalise-coaching-structure-for-2020-season/

Absolutely awesome that GI and Sutto are going to be heavily involved next year, that honestly makes me so friggin happy! Great stuff Souths! Also a shame to lose Peters and Millard but hopefully Rogers and this new coach can step up and take their place.

14. CAFPOW

CAFPOW Juniors

If Sam retires and Walker leaves, we have about 25 players signed. I don’t know how much space we have in our salary cap, but can we sign Mitchell, Fifita, Thompson, Matterson and Chrichton if the Roosters release him?

15. Peter Quinn

Peter Quinn Juniors

Pretty certain Crichton will never be signed by Souths again. The rest, I agree.

16. LittleWayne

LittleWayne Juniors

For Mitchell, Fifita, Thompson and Matterson you'd need around 2.5m in cap space. I'd doubt we'd have that with Sam, George, Cody and Sutton leaving. Throw in Gagai maybe?

callmack1 and Peter Quinn like this.
  17. handyman2190

handyman2190 Juniors

If mitchell and fafita get 1mill each are the others worth 500k combined?

18. handyman2190

handyman2190 Juniors

I dont think thompson will come,forget matterson parra will offer more he will go to the highest bidder which wont be us.

Peter Quinn likes this.
  19. handyman2190

handyman2190 Juniors

I never said cody was leaving now,he has a year to go though stranger things have happened he has asked for too much money, they are not renewing unless he lowers his price

20. LittleWayne

LittleWayne Juniors

a million each off the cap? Doubt it tbh.