What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Peter Quinn

Juniors
How do you come to that conclusion Tyson is a seasoned SOO and Australian test Hardman where as Matterson has done nothing your off your head
I wouldn't put matterson in reserves even. He's done absolutely nothing to ask for money elite players get.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
How do you come to that conclusion Tyson is a seasoned SOO and Australian test Hardman where as Matterson has done nothing your off your head

I don’t think you could prove Matterson isnt on more than Frizell either though. It’s not a good look that Matterson had a hissy fit after 1 year at the tigers? He could be demanding a lot more than Frizell, who knows?

From the rumours that I’ve read Frizell is more concerned with playing in a team that is lingering at the bottom more than money so money may not be his motivation whereas Moneyson(Matterson) seems to be purely motivated by money.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Your talking in riddles mate what are you a solicitor or something tell it as it is mate
Cheaper and better value for money ate totally different things
A cheap Toyota will get you to mudgee just like an expensive Mercedes will. Same job done for a lesser amount. I think that's what he is saying mate.

Travitoh

First Grade
Your talking in riddles mate what are you a solicitor or something tell it as it is mate
Cheaper and better value for money ate totally different things

Nah brah. The two go hand in hand.

cheap

adjective

comparative adjective: cheaper

low in price, especially in relation to similar items or services.

value for money

phrase of value

used in reference to something that is well worth the money spent on it.

Rabbit57

Juniors
I just hate his attitude. I understand he’s got to earn his maximum potential but he hasn’t really done anything yet. I know a massive problem for him at the Roosters was his missed tackle count. That’s the lost thing we need in the side.
In 2019 matterson played 24 games made 874 tackles and missed 38. In a side that won less than 50 percent that is pretty good. Compare that with the average Souths forward.

So the issue is not his defence it is whether he is going to buy into the Souths culture. If he came at a fair price and Bennett was confident that his motivation was ok I would consider him as part of the solution. Add Frizzell and I think we have a solid pack and good back up.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
In 2019 matterson played 24 games made 874 tackles and missed 38. In a side that won less than 50 percent that is pretty good. Compare that with the average Souths forward.

So the issue is not his defence it is whether he is going to buy into the Souths culture. If he came at a fair price and Bennett was confident that his motivation was ok I would consider him as part of the solution. Add Frizzell and I think we have a solid pack and good back up.
You could be right. I'd grab JWH instead though. Then there's plenty of others up for grabs as well.

handyman2190

Bench
I just hate his attitude. I understand he’s got to earn his maximum potential but he hasn’t really done anything yet. I know a massive problem for him at the Roosters was his missed tackle count. That’s the lost thing we need in the side.
Everyone is out for max profit and dollars, they only have a short lifespan, whoever thinks players play because of love are delusional. Yes it isnt a good look,he would have been better of waiting 1 more season playing like he did this season then asking for an upgrade on his last year, the tigers scared of nov 1 would probably upgraded him and cleared a couple of dead weight players thus having the funds. Its all about the money, thats why they play.
I wanted him when he was let go by the rorters, i would say he is worth 450k and i would try to buy him.
By my reconing
Gi 1.2
Sam 1.2
Turner 300
Sutto 450
Tracy 120
Gagan 120
Brittain 120
Hirroti 120
Id say we could afford mitchel 1m
Fafita 1m
Matterson 450/ frizel 600
Weve bought 3 lower graders
And we need to upgrade knight tatola and lowe
These are just my estimates 3rd parties would be involved obviously

callmack1

Staff member
How Burgess retirement could open up millions for Souths to spend: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/10/30...t-could-open-up-millions-for-souths-to-spend/

The contenders to replace Sam Burgess - How one call from the NRL could define Souths’ future: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/80601131ec983b3d598441920c6562d4

Don’t give me the captaincy - Why Bunnies young gun isn’t ready to replace Sam Burgess: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/42f9b7bd45982f88b3fb7b6a32d6949b

Honestly, I'm not even thinking about who we could sign or who our next captian could be. Some of you might be able to move on that quickly but not me. Gonna take some time to get over.

Mr Spock!

Referee
I'm surprised they didn't talk sutto into one more year.

We've lost our whole leadership group in 10 months and I don't see Reynolds, walker, cook or Murray at the moment as leaders.

Last edited:

Latest posts