What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

callmack1

Staff member
Well, Seibs actually farewelling the players is a massive hit to our Premiership chances in 2019, I just don't know how he can coach after that.

From Sporting News,

South Sydney insist they can succeed under Anthony Seibold despite embarrassing Friday ‘farewell’

South Sydney football manager Shane Richardson is adamant the Rabbitohs can survive and thrive under coach Anthony Seibold despite the farcical scenes that played out at Redfern on Friday.

Several weeks of madness were finally meant to come to an end but the lunacy went up a couple of levels when Wayne Bennett stunned all parties by announcing he’s staying at the Brisbane Broncos in 2019.

The script, which Hollywood heavyweight and Rabbitohs owner Russell Crowe helped negotiate, was supposed to see Bennett swap jobs with Seibold from Monday.

But Bennett improvised and provided a twist not even The Gladiator star saw coming.

According to News Limited journalist Peter Badel, Seibold on Friday morning told the entire Rabbitohs squad he was leaving the club before heading to Sydney airport to appear at a 4pm press conference at Broncos headquarters.

But Clint Eastwood lookalike Bennett threw Seibold under the bus soon after his successor has said his goodbyes.

According to reports, Bennett only gave Richardson about 30 minutes notice before going public with his backflip.

Bennett will still join the Bunnies from 2020 having signed a three-year deal, while Seibold has inked a four-year contract with the Broncos.

While there is clearly dysfunction at both clubs, Friday’s events appear a major blow to the Rabbitohs’ premiership hopes.

Unlike Bennett, who still enjoys the support of the Broncos’ playing group, Seibold has reportedly lost the Bunnies dressing room after refusing to pledge his allegiance to the club.

But Richardson is adamant the Rabbitohs, who have a squad capable of contending for an NRL premiership, can still achieve success under Seibold next season.

"I have spoken to Seibs and the senior players this afternoon and we are all moving forward in 2019 together," Richardson told NRL.com.

"I spoke to Greg (Inglis) before he flew out on his holiday and he is really happy, so is Sam (Burgess) and John Sutton and Cookie (Damien Cook), so we are in a good space that way.”

Broncos management could still provide another twist by sacking Bennett, leading to a coaching swap.

callmack1

Staff member
So is this actually all over now? We still don't have proper confirmation for f**k sake!! Surely if the Broncos had a press conference to reveal Seibs as their new coach at 4pm yesterday, they wouldn't just backflip because of Wayne. The Broncos want Seibs so surely they'll sack Bennett right?

This is still gonna drag on for a bit I feel because if the Broncos do want to sack Bennett (which I have a feeling they may not now) that'll take a while to organise.

Either way, this is really pissing me off!!

southsport

First Grade
So is this actually all over now? We still don't have proper confirmation for f**k sake!! Surely if the Broncos had a press conference to reveal Seibs as their new coach at 4pm yesterday, they wouldn't just backflip because of Wayne. The Broncos want Seibs so surely they'll sack Bennett right?

This is still gonna drag on for a bit I feel because if the Broncos do want to sack Bennett (which I have a feeling they may not now) that'll take a while to organise.

Either way, this is really pissing me off!!
Not necessarily over yet, the pressure is now on the broncs to sack Bennett which would be the best result all round.

handyman2190

Bench
Are we some sort of soft touch or what! Cook bbqing us for every cent linked with multiple clubs no signing announcement.
AJ rumoured to be on the verge of signing with cronulla .
Gagai leaving for balmain
Braiden burns on cronullas wish list.
Why dont we just close up,shut the shop and grant all our players releases, this is a bloody joke, we have bought nothing but second graders let how many go and everyone pinches our players at will. We got problems,bennets playing us,seibold has played us, is there anyone with cahounas to stop this rot. If richo cant see our players have hit rock bottom maybe next season when we are in the bottom they may finaly figure it out

callmack1

Staff member

southsport

First Grade
Seibold’s reason for signing with the Broncos is so he could move his family back to Brisbane. Can Richo release Seibold from his contract now and just find another coach to replace Seibold? Stuff Bennet and maybe just go after Adam O’Brien?
Broncos just need to sack Bennett then it's problem solved.

handyman2190

Bench
Seibold has sprayed bennet the broncos and us,he cleared out his desk, his 2 girls are in tears well i feel sorry for his family,but he helped instigate this farce, i have no pity for him ,our players have been slammed from pillar to post,next year will be a write off,
IM PISSED

Scoopdog

Juniors
Seibold has sprayed bennet the broncos and us,he cleared out his desk, his 2 girls are in tears well i feel sorry for his family,but he helped instigate this farce, i have no pity for him ,our players have been slammed from pillar to post,next year will be a write off,
IM PISSED
Karma is a bitch!!its nice to see how he is reacting when someone has pulled the carpet out from under him!

southsport

First Grade
IM PISSED
Seibs could be with his family now, he just needs to quit and head north, if he wants his kids to stop crying that's all he needs to do, the problem is that he wants a years pay for doing nothing.