What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

southsport

First Grade
I'm not a Telecrap subscriber however I saw this headline half an hour ago. Does anyone have an idea as to who the new sponsors are?, cheers.

CROWE’S $6M GIFT FOR BENNETT
After all the drama and controversy, South Sydney and Russell Crowe are ready to launch the Wayne Bennett era with a double major sponsor coup for season 2019.
Wow, that's a big one, great 2nd post mate! ;)

ThingFish

Juniors
I'm not a Telecrap subscriber however I saw this headline half an hour ago. Does anyone have an idea as to who the new sponsors are?, cheers.

CROWE’S $6M GIFT FOR BENNETT
After all the drama and controversy, South Sydney and Russell Crowe are ready to launch the Wayne Bennett era with a double major sponsor coup for season 2019.
It says it’s two mystery multinational companies. One to be announced before Christmas and the other in the new year. One committing to $1M a year for 4yrs and the other $1M a year for 2yrs. Also stated they are not P&O or Alcatel.

CAFPOW

Juniors
Welcome mate!

yea I can't read it either but I'm going to assume it's P&O and Alcatel, they're now our main sponsors for 2019 I think.

According to the Telecrap, they don't know the names of the new main sponsors since Souths won't tell them. At the moment, our main sponsors are Alcatel and Playup on the official website.

callmack1

Staff member
While this is great news, this better not friggin change all the sponsors on our gear! Haha. That'll really annoy me! Did the article say anything about them being jersey sponsors?

Could be Zoom, they've just appeared on the training gear.

CAFPOW

Juniors
While this is great news, this better not friggin change all the sponsors on our gear! Haha. That'll really annoy me! Did the article say anything about them being jersey sponsors?

I think the reason Souths won't tell the Telecrap about who are our new sponsors, is because it's still being negotiated.

ThingFish

Juniors

It did mention something about us having two home and two away strips.

Edit - I think I miss read that. It says “they will be emblazoned across our two home and away jerseys”. I think that means two jerseys, one home, one away:laughing:

Last edited:

Mr Spock!

Referee
Rabbitohs Players Confused After Darius Boyd Turns Up At Training Unannounced
bunnies.jpg

Darius Boyd has caused even more confusion at the South Sydney Rabbitohs organisation today.

After the resolution of an extremely poorly managed and confusing coaching situation (which saw Wayne Bennett and Anthony Siebold finally do the coach swap), the Brisbane contracted Darius Boyd has further muddied the waters.

The Broncos fullback and apple of Wayne Bennett’s eye caused the furrowed brows down at the Rabbitohs training ground this morning by turning up to train in full Bunnies kit.

“What the f**k’s going on?” asked Rabbitohs and NSW hooker Damien Cook.

“I know Wayne’s coming down here to coach, but Darius is contracted to the Broncos still, how come he is just hear training with us?”

“And how the f**k did he get a full set of kit?”

We were unable to answer Cook’s questions when he asked them but have since learnt that Boyd has walked out on Brisbane a year early, after hearing that the immediate coach swap would go ahead.

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/spo...dxjPnoJI49obCaZrc4QXEL0mn3bW_Wg634yHyDHlT8EgY

ThingFish

Juniors
Rabbitohs Players Confused After Darius Boyd Turns Up At Training Unannounced
bunnies.jpg

Darius Boyd has caused even more confusion at the South Sydney Rabbitohs organisation today.

After the resolution of an extremely poorly managed and confusing coaching situation (which saw Wayne Bennett and Anthony Siebold finally do the coach swap), the Brisbane contracted Darius Boyd has further muddied the waters.

The Broncos fullback and apple of Wayne Bennett’s eye caused the furrowed brows down at the Rabbitohs training ground this morning by turning up to train in full Bunnies kit.

“What the f**k’s going on?” asked Rabbitohs and NSW hooker Damien Cook.

“I know Wayne’s coming down here to coach, but Darius is contracted to the Broncos still, how come he is just hear training with us?”

“And how the f**k did he get a full set of kit?”

We were unable to answer Cook’s questions when he asked them but have since learnt that Boyd has walked out on Brisbane a year early, after hearing that the immediate coach swap would go ahead.

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/spo...dxjPnoJI49obCaZrc4QXEL0mn3bW_Wg634yHyDHlT8EgY

:joy::joy: Classic Betoota Advocate

handyman2190

Bench
You sound like another poster who blurts out things he thinks and puts fact after it :joy::joy::joy:
I know who u are with your trademark crying faces rabbitoad,you just cant help yourself critisizing.
Bennet of course would have major input on recruitment,he always does.
We have money,we made pengai an offer in the vicinity of 800k so where did that com
More reports emerging that Cookie is very close to re-signing!!

The hold up was just that he was waiting for this coaching situation to be resolved.

handyman2190

Bench
More reports emerging that Cookie is very close to re-signing!!

The hold up was just that he was waiting for this coaching situation to be resolved.
What i dont get is what the difference is to him signing, bennet or seibold he knows who will be there or not, whats it matter

Seibs was very worried with what was happening with Jennings and Johnston. Hope you are able to move them on soon to give you cap relief.

Those bloody Burgeii have a lot to answer for taking up an exhorbitant chunk of your cap space!

250excf

Juniors
No chance, he will sit and watch, he will have input, im wondering if any of the 3 will follow,lodge for 1 won't stay with seibold, here's hoping we get all 3 because something was going on with recruitment,i know there is money lets see next weeks developments
So are you saying there’s no chance he will advise who we keep and who we move on .?thats the way it reads to me,but then,after that you post he will have input so which is it
By the way I’m no rabbitoad ,please clear up this miscommunication cheers
Really only one person ever uses :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: you need to get out more often

Crowe

Juniors
Interesting press conference!
Sam looks very happy that Bennett is here.
When Bennett was asked if GI would be our fullback next year, Bennett said “he wouldn’t be my first choice”
I have a feeling he wants Gags in the 1.

ThingFish

Juniors
Interesting press conference!
Sam looks very happy that Bennett is here.
When Bennett was asked if GI would be our fullback next year, Bennett said “he wouldn’t be my first choice”
I have a feeling he wants Gags in the 1.
Definitely going to be interesting trials.

Ultra Rabbit

Juniors
Mightily impressed by Wayne's interview (public one and one for members) today. Quite clear that the level of trust between management and coaching staff was broken at the Broncos and strong at the Rabbitohs. I also feel sorry for Wayne's Broncos support staff - sounds like they have been shafted. Our biggest loss was Furner - and he doesn't follow Seibs anyway.