What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs set new record for NRL memberships

Nemesis

Bench
Sorry but where do I find that gem of a disclaimer on the official website? The word "ticketed" features nowhere near the total number at any stage. Yet on the same page I can click on 'help me choose' a membership and I get options for babies, pets and non-attending fans (don't forget to quote your MIN number and correctional centre to ensure delivery!).
chooks website has those exact membership options.... but surely they wouldn't copy Souths?

Yet still only have half the members that Souths do... must be 'cause Waverly cemetery is smaller than Botany cemetery.

btw, thanks chookies... the Souths paranoia at the chookpen site is comedy gold.

slammingsam

Juniors
Always amazes me how f**king stupid some of the knobs on here are.

26000 = total members = ticketed, non ticketed, international , interstate etc

So in that case why the f**k would we average 26000?

steggz

Juniors
And most, if not all, clubs would have memberships without tickets, because not everyone can get to a game. Interstaters, people in the country, even expats want to get involved with their teams.

Why is it that only those who get ticketed memberships are considered 'real fans' by some on this forum?

SaraSassypants

Juniors
They lol because we are lol@50uffs. And if they can't lol at the losing or lol at the table position they LOL @ the crowd and membership numbers. Sometimes it's just better to join in. Woe is us. lol@50uffs.

DC_fan

Coach
Rabbitohs have sold 26,217 members, exceeding Bronco's figures last year and setting a new record for NRL.

lol@50uff$

Its a great figure and one we as a club should be proud of. To think that just 12 years ago we were not even in the competition. We have come a long was since those dark days. But we still have a long way to go.

In praising ourselves for this great milestone we should be ready and willing to accept the criticism. It is clear that we while we have over 26,000 members we have much less season ticket holders.

I as a fan, member and season ticket holder of the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs I will not be happy till we reach 80,000 members and the same number of season ticket holders.

Could you imagine the time when ANZ Stadium will be packed with all Souths supporters.

chooks website has those exact membership options.... but surely they wouldn't copy Souths?

Yet still only have half the members that Souths do... must be 'cause Waverly cemetery is smaller than Botany cemetery.

btw, thanks chookies... the Souths paranoia at the chookpen site is comedy gold.

Deadset Nemesis, your ADD kicking in again? Prove me wrong about this:
We don't count pets and dead people, and other clubs have non ticketed members that they count as part of their total.
or GTFO of my face. Pea-brained, premiers in May Souffs merkins with chips in their shoulders...

saintania

Juniors
Could you imagine the time when ANZ Stadium will be packed with all Souths supporters.

I'm imagining. I can see very few full mouths of teeth, very few taxpayers and a much safer Sydney.

If you all packed ANZ, I'd petition for locking up the stadium and throwing away the key :D

Whatever we've done, we've obviously done it better than everyone else. Personally I don't give a shit if all of those people are ticketed or not. A memberships still a membership and considering its all revenue for the club. Ftr, even the memberships that are giveaways are paid for by someone and donated back to the club.

You would think that most league supporters would see this as a good day for league. Personally I was wrapped when the Broncos set the previous record, even though it isn't my club. Sadly, a lot of league supporters can't see past their bias.

No wonder filthy rags like the Telegraph get so much traction out of rugby league. Something good happens and a high proportion of League fans just line up to punch holes in it, just waiting for the likes of Rothfield to point out a grey area so they can all jump on the bandwagon.

No one bats an eyelid in Melbourne when all the AFL teams playing out of the MCG claim the MCG members as their own as well. No one says a word when AFL rock up at a school, hand out Sherrins to school kids and then claim them all as Juniors and part of Aus kick.

Even if these numbers are 100% legit and audited, dickheads will still line up to cast doubt over or deride them.

Anyway, that's my rant. At the end of the day, neither I, nor my club give a shit what anyone else thinks about the number. Souths have over 26k members, a new NRL record and all you supporters of other clubs who doubt can go eat a dick.

Those supporters of other clubs who think its a great achievement... I hope it encourages you to buy a membership and support your club. I hope that one day, 26k is the average or even the lowest membership number in the NRL and that every club is financially secure because of it. Long live Rugby League.

Stagger Lee

Bench
The relocation to the Parramatta suburb of Homebush and the merger with Norths is really paying off for Souths. If the NRL had gone down this path instead of kicking them out of the comp just think of the success they would have achieved by now.

Well done Souths :)

Listen everyone, and this is FACT

I bought tickets to a rabbitohs home game once, since the mighty Roosters were playing too. And somehow they got my details!!!! I assume from ticketek. They spam me every fkn week with Burgess crap and I know I can unsubscribe but it's not my professional email so I don't really care enough to do it. NO OTHER CLUB HAS DONE THIS BS TO ME. I am SURE they count me as a member cause I bought a ticket to ONE of their home games. RIDICULOUS.

Nemesis

Bench
Deadset Nemesis, your ADD kicking in again? Prove me wrong about this:eek:r GTFO of my face. Pea-brained, premiers in May Souffs merkins with chips in their shoulders...
The point you missed is that what you said about Souths is applicable to your own scum club, you hypocritical dufus... except that your club is nowhere near as good at it and never will be...

lol@goosters... forever in our shadow

goostersmemberships.jpg

Source: http://www.sydneygameday.com.au/secureshop/memberships.php

So tell me your scum club isn't counting those baby, pet and waverly cemetery memberships, idiot.

... and speaking of chips, go read the thread in the chookpen dedicated to Souths and your fan's paranoia about meeting us in a semi final or GF and losing. :lol:

NRL should remove all goosters fan's belts and shoe laces before the game

bellyache

Bench
The point you missed is that what you said about Souths is applicable to your own scum club, you hypocritical dufus... except that your club is nowhere near as good at it and never will be...

lol@goosters... forever in our shadow

goostersmemberships.jpg

Source: http://www.sydneygameday.com.au/secureshop/memberships.php

So tell me your scum club isn't counting those baby, pet and waverly cemetery memberships, idiot.

... and speaking of chips, go read the thread in the chookpen dedicated to Souths and your fan's paranoia about meeting us in a semi final or GF and losing. :lol:

NRL should remove all goosters fan's belts and shoe laces before the game
Joined the chookpen and looking to purchase a Roosters membership... The Glory years of 99 and 2000...:lol::lol: