What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs set new record for NRL memberships

Noname36

First Grade
This is great for Souths considering how unsuccessful they've been until recently. It's really difficult to sell a club that hasn't had much success so well done to them being able to recruit so many members.

...still though, ticketed memberships are the ones that really matter. Recruiting members who are willing to buy a membership to come and support the team each week is very different. I'm guessing by the huge discrepancy between member numbers and actual crowd attendance their ticketed members count is a lot lower than the reported total.

Membership numbers are really difficult to interpret because a lot of clubs (i.e. Newcastle) only include ticketed memberships in their tally. Still though, well done to the Bunnies. Good to see.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
somehow they got my details!!!! I assume from ticketek. They spam me every fkn week with Burgess crap and I know I can unsubscribe but it's not my professional email so I don't really care enough to do it. NO OTHER CLUB HAS DONE THIS BS TO ME.

Oldest trick in the book. One of your mates signed you up as a joke. Funny joke too. You just got lol@souffsed

steggz

Juniors
Listen everyone, and this is FACT

I bought tickets to a rabbitohs home game once, since the mighty Roosters were playing too. And somehow they got my details!!!! I assume from ticketek. They spam me every fkn week with Burgess crap and I know I can unsubscribe but it's not my professional email so I don't really care enough to do it. NO OTHER CLUB HAS DONE THIS BS TO ME. I am SURE they count me as a member cause I bought a ticket to ONE of their home games. RIDICULOUS.

I got a Newcastle membership info pack last year after buying tickets to the season opener against the Dragons.

Nemesis

Bench
Joined the chookpen and looking to purchase a Roosters membership... The Glory years of 99 and 2000...
Good for you flopster... have fun choosing a baby or pet membership for yourself.

and see you failtards in round 26 for yet another loosters loss.

BranVan3000

Coach
Are ticketed members vs non ticketed members really that prevelant? It's only thirty dollars more for a three game membership. I'd say most of the memberships go towards that. I have a ticketed membership myself, but I got my mum and GF three game memberships as I know they aren't going to go to every game

Bumble

First Grade
Listen everyone, and this is FACT

I bought tickets to a rabbitohs home game once, since the mighty Roosters were playing too. And somehow they got my details!!!! I assume from ticketek. They spam me every fkn week with Burgess crap and I know I can unsubscribe but it's not my professional email so I don't really care enough to do it. NO OTHER CLUB HAS DONE THIS BS TO ME. I am SURE they count me as a member cause I bought a ticket to ONE of their home games. RIDICULOUS.

This happens all the time - one of my friends (dragons fan) put a screenshot up on facebook the other day and was whinging about still getting Bulldogs emails every week because of buying tickets once

aarondoyle

Juniors
I know it's popular to make fun of Souths, and while I would love to see the number of ticketed members announced as well, I don't really care if they sell memberships to pets, interstate, or mythical beings. It doesn't matter. Members are members. There's no club out there who wouldn't want to boost their income, even if it is from unusual sources like pet memberships.

It's just good to see so much news lately about growth in NRL. Doesn't matter what form it's in.

Valheru

Coach
And most, if not all, clubs would have memberships without tickets, because not everyone can get to a game. Interstaters, people in the country, even expats want to get involved with their teams.

Why is it that only those who get ticketed memberships are considered 'real fans' by some on this forum?

Every other club averages higher than their membership base. The only possible explanation is that the souths numbers are a myth

Dogs Of War

Coach
This happens all the time - one of my friends (dragons fan) put a screenshot up on facebook the other day and was whinging about still getting Bulldogs emails every week because of buying tickets once

THere is an unsubscribe option, not to mention that the Bulldogs send emails once a week, unless they are running a promotion that week, in which case you may get 2.

Galeforce

Bench
Every other club averages higher than their membership base. The only possible explanation is that the souths numbers are a myth

for a hater , there is only one explanation.

consider
1) souths have many interstate and overseas members
2) souths have many members who are content to watch the game on TV given all the live free to air coverage versus travelling to ANZ stadium on a friday night . I am a member of Souths , as are 2 of my children. I also have 4 gold ANZ memberships and two kids passes for all games. I went to the Bulldogs game ( which was a Bulldogs home game) and have elected not to attend the other friday games so far , as i hate driving to stadium on a friday night.crowd vs Cowboys was approx 15k and versus poor Tigers was approx $19k , both games were mostly Souths fans
3) Souths will play 3 home games away from ANZ Stadium , Perth , Cairns and Gosford , only haters like you would consider this a reflection of Souths membership numbers
4) the games against away game against Roosters , Bulldogs and Brisbane were played in front of big crowds.There were many Souths fans there.They will travel , unlike some of the other team fans like Roosters.

anyway you are a hater , who cares what u think

Card Shark

Immortal
Well done Rabbits.

You have been starved of success for a long, long time & it's good to see you doing well on & off the field.

People like to poke fun at you but credit where credit is due.

blaza88z

Coach
for a hater , there is only one explanation.

consider
1) souths have many interstate and overseas members
2) souths have many members who are content to watch the game on TV given all the live free to air coverage versus travelling to ANZ stadium on a friday night . I am a member of Souths , as are 2 of my children. I also have 4 gold ANZ memberships and two kids passes for all games. I went to the Bulldogs game ( which was a Bulldogs home game) and have elected not to attend the other friday games so far , as i hate driving to stadium on a friday night.crowd vs Cowboys was approx 15k and versus poor Tigers was approx $19k , both games were mostly Souths fans
3) Souths will play 3 home games away from ANZ Stadium , Perth , Cairns and Gosford , only haters like you would consider this a reflection of Souths membership numbers
4) the games against away game against Roosters , Bulldogs and Brisbane were played in front of big crowds.There were many Souths fans there.They will travel , unlike some of the other team fans like Roosters.

anyway you are a hater , who cares what u think

Ahh yeah, the clenching line. "Who cares what you think"

You cared enough to reply all that dribble you old f**k. Also you say that you the game against Brisbane was played in front of a big crowd and you go on to say that Souffs fans were there trying to make the implication that the crowd wouldn't of been so big without those legions of Souffs fans there, I would just like to remind you that the average attendance for a Broncos home game is over 30k when you start getting those figures then you can start boasting about your team having figures that are the best in the league

Until then, LOL@50UFF$

franklin2323

Immortal
Are ticketed members vs non ticketed members really that prevelant? It's only thirty dollars more for a three game membership. I'd say most of the memberships go towards that. I have a ticketed membership myself, but I got my mum and GF three game memberships as I know they aren't going to go to every game

The aim should be to get bums on seats. Pets aren't allowed to games and Babies don't need a seat til they are 5. By all means have these but don't class them as memberships.

Non Ticketed memberships are good but can be misleading. For example we have every junior player in the district membership. The theory being they get free entry as a player so wont buy one.

Though as a junior most are only able to go with a parent or guardian. As such we had 12k members last year. Yet only 5.5k were ticketed these 5.5k were there most weeks and were part of the 11k crowd average we had. Offically we averaged less then our membership though in Reality we doubled it

Galeforce

Bench
Ahh yeah, the clenching line. "Who cares what you think"

You cared enough to reply all that dribble you old f**k. Also you say that you the game against Brisbane was played in front of a big crowd and you go on to say that Souffs fans were there trying to make the implication that the crowd wouldn't of been so big without those legions of Souffs fans there, I would just like to remind you that the average attendance for a Broncos home game is over 30k when you start getting those figures then you can start boasting about your team having figures that are the best in the league

Until then, LOL@50UFF$

another myoptic hater.
YES I do not care what you and other haters THINK. My response is to the stupid logic used , i have no intention or time to change a haters view , i know it is a waste of time.More stable folk can determine the logic.
As for the Brisbane game , there were 39k that night and there were comments that there were many Souths supporters there.simple as that
Also HATER , i never boasted about Souths crowd , i was responding to the other dope , who argued that because Souths home crowds were less than membership , membership was a myth.
DO not care what you think either dope

Lambretta

First Grade
Deadset Nemesis, your ADD kicking in again? Prove me wrong about this:eek:r GTFO of my face. Pea-brained, premiers in May Souffs merkins with chips in their shoulders...

Er, I'm a Roosters supporter, a member and I attend every home game. So hopefully you'll believe me when I say SOUTHS DO NOT COUNT BABIES, PETS, OR DEAD PEOPLE in their member numbers.

LU members have contacted the clubs to enquire about member numbers and we've received assurances on these matters

The same goes for the Roosters. We have pet memberships and they're not counted in our totals either which currently sit at the 15,000 mark.

Rather than denigrate Souths for a bloody stirling effort, why not spend time celebrating on how far we've come and how well we're doing with an apparently non existant supporter base. I reckon Easts can be just as proud of our 15,000 as Souths should be of their 30,000 members.

These member numbers are a great sign that Rugby League is on the right path and strengthening for the future. Rather than putting down others in our family maybe we should be congratulating one another and supporting one another.

Lambretta

First Grade

Or that Souths have long advertised memberships as being at the core of their club surviving. Souths fans are urged almost daily to buy a membership, even a non attendance one as it preserves the future of South Sydney. Their supporters have responded accordingly and yet we see this as a bad thing. Why is that?

Souths have played 4 games in Sydney this season and have averaged 28,614 during those games.

So how far behind their member numbers are they?