What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16 Part 2

DiegoNT

First Grade
You have a 25 man squad but that probably gets broken down into 4 sub groups- middle forwards ( props, locks), edge forwards ( 2nd rowers), playmakers ( halves, hookers), outside backs ( fullback, centres, wingers) you'll get some players who can play in more the 1 sub group, sutton can be an edge forward or playmaker, walker a playmaker or outside back. You want to spread the cap relatively evenly around these subgroups, with a mix of experience and cheap players in each. You'd probably want 8 middles, 5 edge, 5 playmakers and 7 backs.
At the moment we have
Middle
1. Sam
2. Tom
3. George
4. Clark
5. Musgrove
6. Tyrrell
7. Grienke ( upgraded to full squad)
8. Brown ( if he resigns)

Edge
9. Sutton
10. Turner
11. Chricton
12. Gowielski
13. New signing ( rochow rumoured)

Playmakers
14. Reynolds
15. Walker
16. Mcinnes
17. Cook
18. - hopefully a half. Possibly a rookie

Backs
19. Inglis
20. AJ
21. Hunt
22. Gray
23. Goodwin
24. Neilsen
25. Oldfield ( hopefully we can try get j.burg to replace one of these guys for next year.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Again why would Wigan want them?

Well if Joe told them that he wanted to stay and wouldn't back down surely they'd want some compensation? I'm not saying he'll definitely stay but if he chose to Wigan wouldn't really have a whole lot to say in return.

Well I would give Dane and Oldfield.
Well whoever, you know what I mean. I'm just saying i'd let go of a few older backs to keep Joe.

alien

Referee
You have a 25 man squad but that probably gets broken down into 4 sub groups- middle forwards ( props, locks), edge forwards ( 2nd rowers), playmakers ( halves, hookers), outside backs ( fullback, centres, wingers) you'll get some players who can play in more the 1 sub group, sutton can be an edge forward or playmaker, walker a playmaker or outside back. You want to spread the cap relatively evenly around these subgroups, with a mix of experience and cheap players in each. You'd probably want 8 middles, 5 edge, 5 playmakers and 7 backs.
At the moment we have
Middle
1. Sam
2. Tom
3. George
4. Clark
5. Musgrove
6. Tyrrell

Edge
9. Sutton
10. Turner
11. Chricton
12. Gowielski

Playmakers
14. Reynolds
15. Walker
16. Mcinnes
17. Cook

Backs
19. Inglis
20. AJ
21. Hunt
22. Gray
23. Goodwin
24. Neilsen
25. Oldfield ( hopefully we can try get j.burg to replace one of these guys for next year.

I think Grienke is an edge forward (second row, or even a centre). He might be similar to Turner.
http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/team/profiles/brett_greinke.html

Anyway, going by the players that you named:

1. Inglis
2. Johnston
3. Hunt
4. Goodwin
5. Gray
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. George Burgess
9. Cook
10. Musgrove
11. Sutton
12. Turner
13. Sam Burgess

14. Crichton
15. Clark
16. Tom Burgess
17. Brown

18. Oldfield
19. Nielsen
20. (NEED ANOTHER BACK OR HALF)
21. McInnes
22. Gosiewski
23. Grienke
24. (NEED ANOTHER PROP)
25. Tyrrell

handyman2190

Bench
Well for one they play different positions. Turner is an edge forward and fensom plays in the middle. Fensom can tackle, but he doesn't hit hard. He has a big engine and gets through high numbers, but considering he'd play in the middle, and his running game is on par with Tyrrell but probably worse then clark means his not needed.

If you havent noticed this year our middle is like butter so all those you mentioned are not delivering and i for 1 would welcome him

DiegoNT

First Grade
If you havent noticed this year our middle is like butter so all those you mentioned are not delivering and i for 1 would welcome him
Most of salary cap designated for middle forwards is taken up by 3 players. They all have the same last name. And to be perfectly honest we aren't getting value for money out of any or them. Now before everyone goes full nerd on me over sam, yes he works hard every week and yes he has been one of our better players all year, but when you are getting paid thurston/smith money then you need to be having the Thurston/smith effect on the team and he hasn't done that ( though the last 2 weeks have been better). The twins are 2 of the highest paid props in the game, but on this years form they would struggle to make the top 25 props in the game. We aren't getting value for money out of the burgii. You could say turner, tyrell or clark are playing like monkeys but at the same time they are getting paid peanuts. despite Vaughn being out of favour at the moment he is still one of the most highly rated young props, and you won't be able to get him at the same value a tyrrell, turner or clark are on. Possibly you could move tom on and have a bit of extra in the cap. Fensom is an honest toiler, but has the same problem tyrell, clark or turner have, a week runninh game. Getting rid of one of those 3 for Fensom doesn't really solve any problems.

Pommy

Coach
Well if Joe told them that he wanted to stay and wouldn't back down surely they'd want some compensation? I'm not saying he'll definitely stay but if he chose to Wigan wouldn't really have a whole lot to say in return.

Well whoever, you know what I mean. I'm just saying i'd let go of a few older backs to keep Joe.

Yes they would want compensation Goodwin and Nielson seems like the opposite.
Well Wigan would have a say I don't think he could register with another RL side without them agreeing it.
He's not swapping codes.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Yes they would want compensation Goodwin and Nielson seems like the opposite.
Well Wigan would have a say I don't think he could register with another RL side without them agreeing it.
He's not swapping codes.
Well those were just examples. It could be Kyle Turner it could be Tom Burgess. All I'm saying is that it's a possibility and I hope it eventuates.

Rsag85

Bench
At the moment we have
Middle
1. Sam
2. Tom
3. George
4. Clark
5. Musgrove
6. Tyrrell

Edge
9. Sutton
10. Turner
11. Chricton
12. Gowielski

Playmakers
14. Reynolds
15. Walker
16. Mcinnes
17. Cook

Backs
19. Inglis
20. AJ
21. Hunt
22. Gray
23. Goodwin
24. Neilsen

We signed a halfback from the Sharks

Curns13

Juniors
Most of salary cap designated for middle forwards is taken up by 3 players. They all have the same last name. And to be perfectly honest we aren't getting value for money out of any or them. Now before everyone goes full nerd on me over sam, yes he works hard every week and yes he has been one of our better players all year, but when you are getting paid thurston/smith money then you need to be having the Thurston/smith effect on the team and he hasn't done that ( though the last 2 weeks have been better). The twins are 2 of the highest paid props in the game, but on this years form they would struggle to make the top 25 props in the game. We aren't getting value for money out of the burgii. You could say turner, tyrell or clark are playing like monkeys but at the same time they are getting paid peanuts. despite Vaughn being out of favour at the moment he is still one of the most highly rated young props, and you won't be able to get him at the same value a tyrrell, turner or clark are on. Possibly you could move tom on and have a bit of extra in the cap. Fensom is an honest toiler, but has the same problem tyrell, clark or turner have, a week runninh game. Getting rid of one of those 3 for Fensom doesn't really solve any problems.
Where are you getting your info regarding Tom and George's salary from? In all the research I've done, I haven't found a single figure. Same with Sam. I've seen anything from 500k to 1.5 million. For someone who was so critical of the McInnes contract talk, you seem to either have inside knowledge of the Burgess's income or be making it up yourself. No doubt they are earning quite a bit, but so are Inglis, Reyno and Johnson and have they performed any better? Where are these "huge contract" figures coming from?

alien

Referee

we're spending a lot on middle forwards because of the burgess bros, but we still need enough middle forward depth. there are always a lot of injuries during the year to the middle forwards because they are used like battering rams

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think Grienke is an edge forward (second row, or even a centre). He might be similar to Turner.
http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/team/profiles/brett_greinke.html

Anyway, going by the players that you named:

1. Inglis
2. Johnston
3. Hunt
4. Goodwin
5. Gray
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. George Burgess
9. Cook
10. Musgrove
11. Sutton
12. Turner
13. Sam Burgess

14. Crichton
15. Clark
16. Tom Burgess
17. Brown

18. Oldfield
19. Nielsen
20. (NEED ANOTHER BACK OR HALF)
21. McInnes
22. Gosiewski
23. Grienke
24. (NEED ANOTHER PROP)
25. Tyrrell
Great thinking alien.

It'd be good if we could get rid of Nielsen and Tyrrell.

Rabbits20

Immortal
we're spending a lot on middle forwards because of the burgess bros, but we still need enough middle forward depth. there are always a lot of injuries during the year to the middle forwards because they are used like battering rams
Correctamundo.

Latest posts