What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16 Part 2

Woofy7

Juniors
I don't think Madge will move GI back to fullback.

I reckon Madge will play GI at 5/8 or centre instead.

Cody or AJ will be fullback.

We need to send Keary to Norths now. We need to clean our hands of him, good riddance I say.

Peats, Korosiau because Issac was in front of them.
Issac, not sure what happened there.
Walker had substance abuse issues.
Keary never really improved after 2014.
Mansour was a John Lang blunder.
Roberts had attitude issues at two clubs.
Pettybourne never stepped up.
McQueen still isn't really a top performer at the titans.
Grevsmuhl, never was a replacement for Te'o.
Grant, we overpaid him.
Te'o, a big loss but wanted out of NRL after being hounded by Weidler and opposition supporters.
Stewart was well past his best and just bloody useless imo.

I've been wondering for a while if Madge actually wanted Sam back this year. He might have known that to get him back it would have messed up the salary cap management, so he might have wanted to wait for another year or 2 to get him back; but what if Crowe basically overruled him? Is that possible? Can a part owner overrule a coach when it comes to football decisions? I'm not saying this is what happened, but if it did, maybe this is why we heard rumours at the start of this year about Madge maybe going to the Newcastle Knights? Maybe he was pissed off big time (IF that is what happened). Part owners should not be getting involved in football operations/salary cap management, they should not be criticizing players, or telling them how to play - period.

We didn't mind when rusty got involved to bring Sam to our club in the first and place and GI

Rabbits20

Immortal
He was good at the start of the season, but iirc he got injured and when he came back he was a shadow of his former self.

When he came back he didn't care.

It was disgraceful.

He caused trouble internally too.

Stewart didn't run the ball anywhere near enough and was ildisciplined.

DiegoNT

First Grade
If you look through the 3-2-1s from late in the year you'll see Stewart's name pop up often. R20 seemed to vote alot for him late in the year.

Rabbits20

Immortal
i read this on facebook:

I hear from a reliable source there will be a massive clean out at seasons end. This includes playing and coaching staff. Madge is safe but not sure about Wrigley, Collins and Penna. Our training staff will also be scrutinized. Mark Ellison is the new recruitment officer.
The salary cap is going up to $7.2mil next year and we have a total of 14 players off contract but I believe Clark is on the verge of re-signing.

Cheers alien.

Thanks mate.

Alien do you have the names of who are off contract????

I think a couple of the players who are still on contract like Nielsen for example need to be shown the door.

So Ello and Richo will be working on recruitment.

It's time to give your mate a call Shadow and see what's going on. It d be good if you could Shadow.

DiegoNT

First Grade
What did Stewart cause internally????

Apperently he caused a few problems in the playing group that created a bad attitude. His influence was so big that 10 months later we still have the same attitude problems with him halfway around the world