What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16 Part 2

This whole place should be renamed the bullshit forum
People constantly pretending they know all the ins and outs when it's all just fairy tale crap made up in their own minds
And we are expected to believe it
Bloody hilarious

southsport

First Grade
That would be the best outcome for both parties.

He is contracted for 2017 though, so what'd happen???

Would we have to pay him for 2017 even if he retires??? I hope not.

I don't know, it's just that I've heard he would be retiring, nothing concrete.

Maybe earlier before they witnessed how terrible he is in top grade
I could not believe my eyes when spammy rad radar made that break Nielsen had him covered but just watched him catch up to him run next to him then pull away and score and he never once tried to latch onto him
Did not even have a go ,that will do me for Nielsen top dud

Rabbits20

Immortal
I could not believe my eyes when spammy rad radar made that break Nielsen had him covered but just watched him catch up to him run next to him then pull away and score and he never once tried to latch onto him

Yeah he is an extreme dud.

You're bringing back to many moments Dane has stuffed up for us already:crazy:

Vic Mackey

Referee
I've been wondering for a while if Madge actually wanted Sam back this year. He might have known that to get him back it would have messed up the salary cap management, so he might have wanted to wait for another year or 2 to get him back; but what if Crowe basically overruled him? Is that possible? Can a part owner overrule a coach when it comes to football decisions? I'm not saying this is what happened, but if it did, maybe this is why we heard rumours at the start of this year about Madge maybe going to the Newcastle Knights? Maybe he was pissed off big time (IF that is what happened). Part owners should not be getting involved in football operations/salary cap management, they should not be criticizing players, or telling them how to play - period.

Here is some truth telling for you. Years ago I had a room mate who was friends with Chris McQueen. He played a bit for souths in 09/10. John Lang didn't rate him and didn't want to renew his contract. Russell Crowe over rules Lang and said 'this guy got his rabbitohs number tattooed on him, these are the types of players we need at souths.' He was resigned. Now McQueen ended up a good player so you could say well done to Rusty, however I don't think it's the owners place to over rule a coach like that. We also remember Adam Mcdouggall saying Crowe would come down to training and tell him which lines to run. Guys an egotistical maniac.

handyman2190

Bench
Here is some truth telling for you. Years ago I had a room mate who was friends with Chris McQueen. He played a bit for souths in 09/10. John Lang didn't rate him and didn't want to renew his contract. Russell Crowe over rules Lang and said 'this guy got his rabbitohs number tattooed on him, these are the types of players we need at souths.' He was resigned. Now McQueen ended up a good player so you could say well done to Rusty, however I don't think it's the owners place to over rule a coach like that. We also remember Adam Mcdouggall saying Crowe would come down to training and tell him which lines to run. Guys an egotistical maniac.

Maybe so, and with good reason, but a true rabbitoh unlike yourself wouldnt care because without crowe and his henchmen we would be Gonski no money no club no players Gone. So, who cares

southsport

First Grade

I thought that was AJ not Nielsen.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Souths have definitely failed their sponsors and fans alike in the recruitment arena since 2014 miserably its beyond comprehension what a complete failure we are witnessing from our clubs recruitment dept,what dumbo or brain dead dumbo's would sign approx half a full time squad of nsw cup players to play for souths in 1st grade please explain?????

doyen

Bench
Will Joe BURGESS play for us in the Panther's game??

He doesn't appear to have made the grade with the ROOSTERS so why would he with us??!!!

Keary to Roosters on a 2 yr deal!

Last edited:

southsport

First Grade
Will Joe BURGESS play for us in the Panther's game??

He doesn't appear to have made the grade with the ROOSTERS so why would he with us??!!!

Keary to Roosters on a 2 yr deal!

He might feel more at home with the other Burgess around him.