What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16 Part 2

Pommy

Coach
Probably don't need to explain it to you pommy, but the English league is a bit complicated. He played for bradford, who are 2nd division, but part way through the season the english league breaks up, the bottom 4 superleague teams and top 4 division 2 teams create a new comp, and the top 4 teams from that competition go back into the super league the next year. Bradford were favoured to go back into the super league , but lost the promotion play off game for the last spot. So in reality he played for a division 1.5 club.

To be honest I couldn't remember him laying over there I just thought he was surplus to need but probably couldn't be afforded after they didn't gain promotion.

DiegoNT

First Grade
To be honest I couldn't remember him laying over there I just thought he was surplus to need but probably couldn't be afforded after they didn't gain promotion.

Be interesting to see what happens to segaryo if leeds go down (though probably unlikely)

DiegoNT

First Grade
if we get mark hughes back we are certain to sign 1st graders but that wont happen sadly hughsey was a top notch recruiter but our last recruiter grant jones was a dud ala flop.....similar to ""the dud 11""players we accumilated

So was it mark hughes who discovered premiership players like auva'a, Johnston, keary, tyrell, turner, clark?

DiegoNT

First Grade
At Souths, Hughes recruited several players who have helped propel the Bunnies to the top of the table, including Issac Luke, Ben Te'o, Chris McQueen, Beau Champion, Shaune Corrigan, Andrew Everingham, Dylan Farrell, Bryson Goodwin, Jeff Lima and David Tyrrell. I suggest tyrrell and corrigan are the only 2 duds that hughsey signed from this list....

So who's responsible for reynolds, keary, Johnston, walker, auva'a, clark, the twins, turner?

handyman2190

Bench
So was it mark hughes who discovered premiership players like auva'a, Johnston, keary, tyrell, turner, clark?

Mark hughes discoered issac luke and we didnt have the problems we have now penrith seem to be doing ok recruiting unlike us who cant attract shit

Last edited:

handyman2190

Bench
At Souths, Hughes recruited several players who have helped propel the Bunnies to the top of the table, including Issac Luke, Ben Te'o, Chris McQueen, Beau Champion, Shaune Corrigan, Andrew Everingham, Dylan Farrell, Bryson Goodwin, Jeff Lima and David Tyrrell. I suggest tyrrell and corrigan are the only 2 duds that hughsey signed from this list....

They may have ended up as duds as u say but when first recruited they were ok tyrell has been here too long and needdd moving on some players after being at the same club for a while just become complacent you have to be smart enough to identify and move them on

handyman2190

Bench
I don't think he'd make much difference.

My friend he would be a start in the right direction at any given year there are just so many off contracted players you cant expect,like manly, to completely rejuvinate your roster in 1 year it takes 3 to 5 and even then you bid for players who dont take up offers do u believe the tigers would let him go after getting him at a bargain for this year he has been 1 of their best. Yes id love to have him because he is better than at least 3 of our 1st grade forwards