What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16 Part 2

Curns13

Juniors
First game, mcinnes gets us off to a flying start, strong running, scores a try. Cook gets introduced early in the second half, runs for a grand total of 2 metres in a half of football (against a side that's already been dominated) similar story for the early rounds. Mcinnes starts of, plays ok, cook comes on, either gets knocked out or has zero impact.
Mcinnes has a breakout game against manly, cook gets dropped the next week. The week after we have a shocker against roosters, mcinnes gets dropped, cook starts. Cook gets 2 games starting and what do you know, doesn't do much. Mcinnes comes back in for the parra game and at leasts his defence is great and we win. Win the next game as well, and despite losing in golden point against the Titans mcinnes is one of our best.
So while McInnes isn't the best hooker going around, at least he hasn't wasted his chances. Cook has been given so many chances, more them the average reserve grader gets to prove himself and yet people still say he hasn't been treated fairly.

Yes we do.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I like Cook as well as Cam but Madge prefers Cam and he hasn't been injured so it is hard to get a real perspective on what Cook has to offer.

I feel Cook hasn't been given a fair go.

Cook is an attack long style of hooker and that's what we need.

It might be one where it's an agree to disagree
I think both of you have very fair points,very fair
My opinion is that it may be more a personality thing between the coach and players
I've no idea really but from the outside looking in it seems the coach does have his favourites.
Could be as simple as that

Rabbits20

Immortal
It might be one where it's an agree to disagree
I think both of you have very fair points,very fair
My opinion is that it may be more a personality thing between the coach and players
I've no idea really but from the outside looking in it seems the coach does have his favourites.
Could be as simple as that

There is no doubt in my mind that Madge has his favourites. Cam, Tyrrell, Turner etc.....

It is as simple as that.

It's a hard one because Cam has get great defence and technique whereas if Cook had a few more starting opportunities when the team is strong and in form it may open a lot of eyes to his ability ,guess we will never really know....

Dogmatix

Juniors
Cook is a NSW Cup player who has not had any good games in a Souths jersey

Great idea for Souths to send him back to the Dogs ASAP

CAFPOW

Juniors
Madge's team selection for the last 2 years reminds me of Jason Taylor.
While Nathaniel Barnes making a ton of tries for the Bears, Talanoa was
200meters a game running from sideline to sideline for Souths. Yet, JT
kept picking Talanoa.

Cook and Barnes story is similar. It shows they can't get a fair go when
both Madge and JT have a favourite player.

Last edited:

DiegoNT

First Grade
Just looking at the nrl stats. Cook is averaging 37 minutes per game in the games he has played. When you factor in the 2 games where he was knocked out early, and the last game where he didn't get into the game until around the 70 minute mark, it means for the majority of the games he is getting over a half of football.
He has come on when we are dominate, he has came on when the game has been in the balance, he has been on when we have been dominated. He has started a couple of games. You can't say he hasn't beem given a fair go. Most players looking to establish themselves would kill for those opportunities.
It only seems like he hasn't been given a fair go because he hasn't done much with his time

CAFPOW

Juniors
Just looking at the nrl stats. Cook is averaging 37 minutes per game in the games he has played. When you factor in the 2 games where he was knocked out early, and the last game where he didn't get into the game until around the 70 minute mark, it means for the majority of the games he is getting over a half of football.
He has come on when we are dominate, he has came on when the game has been in the balance, he has been on when we have been dominated. He has started a couple of games. You can't say he hasn't beem given a fair go. Most players looking to establish themselves would kill for those opportunities.
It only seems like he hasn't been given a fair go because he hasn't done much with his time

That's like blaming Reynolds for his lack of minutes for getting injured.
Also, you're blaming Cook coming in at the 70th minute, that's not his
fault. It's Madge. You're blaming Cook that our players been dominated?
It's not his fault when you have slugs like Nielsen and Gray in the Centre/
Wing. Burgess Bros dropping the ball. A walking wounded jersey grabbing
Tyrrell on the bench. Clark stops a meter off the opposition defensive line
and looks for a player to pass to because he doesn't want to take on the
Line. We don't do that Bash and Barge like we used to do in 2014. We
have a 5/8 that runs when there are 5 opposition waiting in front of him,
Yet refuses to run when there's a massive gap the size of China in front
him. When there's a gap in front of him, either he throws a hospital pass
or a pass to the sideline ball boy. Our downfall is not Cook's fault when
Madge won't give him the time.

DiegoNT

First Grade

What the hell are you on about.
Have i once said any of that is cooks fault?
Unlike the anti mcinnes crowd on here who blame everything going wrong with the team on him, I'm not blaming one player for our problems.
The arguement is that cook hasn't been given a fair go. He has had more of a fair go then most players trying to establish themselves in a team get. Madge gave him the time, madge gave him plenty of time. For the first 9 rounds cook was getting more then a half of football each game to prove himself. That's even including the games where he got knocked out early

Curns13

Juniors
Unlike the anti mcinnes crowd on here who blame everything going wrong with the team on him, I'm not blaming one player for our problems.
The arguement is that cook hasn't been given a fair go. He has had more of a fair go then most players trying to establish themselves in a team get. Madge gave him the time, madge gave him plenty of time. For the first 9 rounds cook was getting more then a half of football each game to prove himself. That's even including the games where he got knocked out early

You know whats weird, Diego? I dont think we have ever agreed on any subject. Isnt that strange? Two blokes who both care enough about the same club to spend time on this ridiculous forum and we cant agree on anything. Anyway, youre a passionate Souths man with well thought out opinions (that I usually don't agree with) and that's what this place is all about. Good stuff.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Round 1. Cook- 33 minutes
Round 2 . Cook- 46 minutes
Round 3. Cook- 20 minutes*
Round 4. Cook- 30 minutes
Round 5. Cook- 14 minutes *
Round 6. Cook- 29 minutes
Round 7. Cook didn't play
Round 8. Cook- 74 minutes
Round 9. Cook- 72 minutes.

*forced of for concussion
In the early rounds cook was given on average 39 minutes a game.
In games he wasn't concussed he was averaging 47 minutes.

CAFPOW

Juniors

you're right. i apologize. one thing for sure, we're making a big mistake
having mcinness in the 9.

doyen

Bench

All of the excuses you use for Cook apply for McInnes also.

McInnes is more reliable than COOK!!

hurricane57

Juniors
you're right. i apologize. one thing for sure, we're making a big mistake
having mcinness in the 9.

Compare the patient support McInnes has enjoyed compared to Cook.

Mcinnes had a year as understudy to Luke, then another year. Just cannot read a game, always sticks exactly to the play book, that's why Maguire loves him.

Wish we'd kept Isaac Luke and got rid of Maguire.