What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a feeling that an announcement will be made very soon in regards to Sam being registered with the nrl as he is in the All Stars and all over the advertisements for the game .......

Franko

Juniors
I was to last night in a Mascot club that expect South's to announce some big news on James Roberts very soon. To me that means absolutely nothing. Got a tip for a horse yesterday that ran dead last so believe nothing !!

Galeforce

Bench
Interesting report on "Zero tackle" that Broncos have offered only $250k to Roberts , less than the Titans offer of $275k and far less than Dragons $400k and he considering it , so that he can play with a Bennett team in Brisbane.

Reeks of a Salary cap rort being covered by advance reporting of the $250k.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Interesting report on "Zero tackle" that Broncos have offered only $250k to Roberts , less than the Titans offer of $275k and far less than Dragons $400k and he considering it , so that he can play with a Bennett team in Brisbane.

Reeks of a Salary cap rort being covered by advance reporting of the $250k.
His market value has previously been set at 275k so you would think the NRL could possibly intervene if he actually did sign at 250k. Burgess was able to sign his first year or two at 500k market value but I heard the subsequent years need to go up under the cap. Anything with Roberts would have to be identical IMO

Rabbits20

Immortal
why? Mason would come cheap like Lote did we have lost a few forwards and rumoured to be losing Grant.

We'd still have to find 100k for Mason.

We'd have to pay part of Grant's deal to release him.

I'd think signing Roberts makes our cap full with nothing to spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.