What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think George and Tom are fantastic most of the time but I think it's a bit unfair to say Luke has hands like flippers when everyone knows the twins are renowned for dropping ball at the worst possible times and putting the whole team under huge defensive pressure ,be fair

handyman2190

Bench
Im thinking its waqa blake who is upsett but its only a rumour, his manager might be shopping him around to clubs that are after JR in case whoever misses out makes him an offer obviously money being the objective as his only on 80k probsbly thinking he can double that at least

Thanks Doyen yeah looked up his profile 101 kegs and 190 cm would be great partner for Somi if we don't get Jr what u think .?. Also a lot cheaper

I think George and Tom are fantastic most of the time but I think it's a bit unfair to say Luke has hands like flippers when everyone knows the twins are renowned for dropping ball at the worst possible times and putting the whole team under huge defensive pressure ,be fair

BR,all the Burgess bros have hands like digital watches! :cool:

handyman2190

Bench
I gota tell u no chance penrith will release him because hiku may in the future play fullback and moylan 5/8 either way blake can play wing and replace simmons who has retired its all talk wont happen

handyman2190

Bench
Mate wont happen, there is no chance in the world penrith would release a good cheap young player, who can play wing after simmons has retired, also there is talk moylan will go to 5/8 hiku then plys FB, besides its all talk no chance after all the injuries they have had last 2 years

GGTSS

Juniors
Also Grant offers no more than Luke but costs double ,do the math .....

Yeah we can do the math... You'd have to pay for Luke Burgess - let's say 150k. Then you've got to cover the difference in what we're paying Grant compared to what another club (e.g. Tigers) would pay. SO assuming he's on 350k and Tigers pay 200k and we make the difference that means we're down 150k in our cap. The same as if we signed Luke (who has very limited potential).

Forwards lift around Sam which is why he's so valuable BUT even when he was there Luke was a fringe first grader. If Grant lifts around Sam he become far more valuable.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Apparently their is a dynamite young rookie centre who played some nrl for panthers who is keen for another club as he and his manager are spewing at them buying Hiku he's apparently super fast and a solid player all round sounds good if no JR ( he apparently doesn't act like a total halfwit after a few beers either like some which is a bonus)

Name????

Any idea who???

Rabbits20

Immortal
Thanks Doyen yeah looked up his profile 101 kegs and 190 cm would be great partner for Somi if we don't get Jr what u think .?. Also a lot cheaper

Not in the same class as Auva'a.

Blake needs to improve his error rate too, it's just too high.

His defence has to improve too.

I've seen quite a lot of Blake and he is solid but as I said Auva'a is in a different class.

I would say Blake has more potential than Gray though.

Yeah r20 just thinking of a decent alternative if JR doesn't sign on ,
In regards to Luke Burgess I personally think he runs a lot harder at the defensive line than slow old dinosaur legs Grant he was useless for most parts this season e definite embarrassment for our recruitment guys

R20 aren't we apparently only paying part of grants wage and the panthers also paying part?. If so wouldn't it make sense to offload him and the club he goes to will also get him at a reduced rate instead of the full 350k

Rabbits20

Immortal
In regards to Luke Burgess I personally think he runs a lot harder at the defensive line than slow old dinosaur legs Grant he was useless for most parts this season e definite embarrassment for our recruitment guys

Agree.

Yeah also agree re Grant falling into the defence and barely running.

Defending our try line Grant is pretty ordinary.

Rabbits20

Immortal
R20 aren't we apparently only paying part of grants wage and the panthers also paying part?. If so wouldn't it make sense to offload him and the club he goes to will also get him at a reduced rate instead of the full 350k

I don't know how long Penrith are paying part of the contract for though???

GGTSS

Juniors
I don't know how long Penrith are paying part of the contract for though???

Penrith paying a bit for first 2 seasons so this is last season we're getting that. Also offloading Grant you'd need a club willing to sign him for 3 years which wouldn't be easy. I'm not saying Grant is good by any stretch (though people are a bit harsh on him) but I think you lot are forgetting how little Luke Burgess brings to the team.

Also re: Penrith outside back I saw someone saying it was George Jennings (think it was on zero tackle). I assume everyone's guessing at this stage though so just be a rumour.

doyen

Bench

I think Luke B played in 18 games for Manly last season--he's better value than Grant,IMO!

Have Manly released him??

GGTSS

Juniors
Hasn't been released but told he can look elsewhere I believe.

Burgess played 18 games for Manly and Grant played 21 games for us. 18 games for a side with an underperforming forward pack isn't overly impressive, it's not like he was holding out some serious talent. Won't play near 18 games this year I wouldn't imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.