What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Why u do that?

Let's talk about rumoured Souths signings.

That's what this thread is for.

If you're not into that well then please can you post elsewhere.

Ok guys back to topic.

Southsport or anyone else, any news re Grant to Tigers???

Do we think it could happen or its only an outside chance???

southsport

First Grade
Let's talk about rumoured Souths signings.

That's what this thread is for.

If you're not into that well then please can you post elsewhere.

Ok guys back to topic.

Southsport or anyone else, any news re Grant to Tigers???

Do we think it could happen or its only an outside chance???

They say Grant > tigers is a done deal.

I'd love Ben back I rate hin up near Sam ( when he's not suspended) the perfect partner for Sammy ,but in saying that we still need strike out wide to capitalise on a dominating pack

I'm not worrying about the no 9 spot as both carter and cook are fast enough to tear a new asshole around the ruck and keep the big boys rolling downfield ala 2014

doyen

Bench
I'm not worrying about the no 9 spot as both carter and cook are fast enough to tear a new asshole around the ruck and keep the big boys rolling downfield ala 2014

If I was a betting man I would put money on Roberts going to the Broncos, with Copley moving across the way to the Titans for the best contract of his career--- & a starting posse in first grade!

Rabbits20

Immortal
If I was a betting man I would put money on Roberts going to the Broncos, with Copley moving across the way to the Titans for the best contract of his career--- & a starting posse in first grade!

I'd probably do the same.

Matrix

Juniors
I just hope they are not getting rid of Grant to bring back Luke Burgess,that would be a backward step,imo.

doyen

Bench
I just hope they are not getting rid of Grant to bring back Luke Burgess,that would be a backward step,imo.

That's an interesting point!

This could be part of Sam's plan as Director of the whole business!!!

handyman2190

Bench
Luke burgess would stay for 200k and even though has dropsy is better than grant, i dont think he had a bad year at manly and im surprised manly wanted to shift him he isnt on big money prob 150k

Galeforce

Bench
Luke burgess would stay for 200k and even though has dropsy is better than grant, i dont think he had a bad year at manly and im surprised manly wanted to shift him he isnt on big money prob 150k

I do not mind Grant going and Luke coming back in. I think Luke was at worst similar service to Grant in attack , and thought Luke was a solid defender in the middle.

$$ wise it would be a win for us. Grant on at least $350k and would expect to take Luke back for whatever he was on when he left Souths $150-200k. I also assume Manly paid him more to transfer to Manly , reason , they thought it would give them lever to get either Tom or George.The overs they are paying him , is why they want to release him and as long as we only offer what we were paying him before , i think it is a good deal for us.

As for Doyen , your sarcastic comments regarding Sam leading this directive ........so what , i think it is a positive move to have the four brothers together , again as long as we are not overpaying Luke.

doyen

Bench
I do not mind Grant going and Luke coming back in. I think Luke was at worst similar service to Grant in attack , and thought Luke was a solid defender in the middle.

$$ wise it would be a win for us. Grant on at least $350k and would expect to take Luke back for whatever he was on when he left Souths $150-200k. I also assume Manly paid him more to transfer to Manly , reason , they thought it would give them lever to get either Tom or George.The overs they are paying him , is why they want to release him and as long as we only offer what we were paying him before , i think it is a good deal for us.

As for Doyen , your sarcastic comments regarding Sam leading this directive ........so what , i think it is a positive move to have the four brothers together , again as long as we are not overpaying Luke.

It would be good if the 4 Bs were together again--as you say,a positive.

Grant is a long way short of his best, as displayed when he played SOO, so who needs him!?

handyman2190

Bench
Grant is useless paying him 350 is a enormous mistake its only that penrith are paying some of it for the first 2 years whoever signed him for 4 is delusional i cant believe madge organized it

GGTSS

Juniors
Getting Luke Burgess back would be a huge mistake given the young forwards we've got coming through. The potential in them far outweighs any benefit of getting a fringe first grader back.

Broncos won't release Copley. If anything it'd be Reed or Maranta or both.

Grant will be hard to offload seeing we're paying overs and he's signed for another 3 years. He's pretty average but depending how much Tigers can pay it'd probably be worth keeping him for a year or 2 then offloading closer to the end of his contract. Paying for him to play for someone else for 3 yrs isn't smart business. We aren't Parramatta.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Agree mate.

Rabbits20

Immortal
It would be good if the 4 Bs were together again--as you say,a positive.

Grant is a long way short of his best, as displayed when he played SOO, so who needs him!?
The Tigers need him:lol:
Grant is useless paying him 350 is a enormous mistake its only that penrith are paying some of it for the first 2 years whoever signed him for 4 is delusional i cant believe madge organized it

Well we were desperate at that time I guess.

There wasn't much on the market.

Matrix

Juniors
Getting Luke Burgess back would be a huge mistake given the young forwards we've got coming through. The potential in them far outweighs any benefit of getting a fringe first grader back.

Broncos won't release Copley. If anything it'd be Reed or Maranta or both.

Grant will be hard to offload seeing we're paying overs and he's signed for another 3 years. He's pretty average but depending how much Tigers can pay it'd probably be worth keeping him for a year or 2 then offloading closer to the end of his contract. Paying for him to play for someone else for 3 yrs isn't smart business. We aren't Parramatta.

Agreed he has hands like flippers and offers very little else.I would rather keep Grant for another year than bring Luke back.

Apparently their is a dynamite young rookie centre who played some nrl for panthers who is keen for another club as he and his manager are spewing at them buying Hiku he's apparently super fast and a solid player all round sounds good if no JR ( he apparently doesn't act like a total halfwit after a few beers either like some which is a bonus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts