What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

doyen

Bench
I wonder if Crichton is quick enough for centre?????

Hmmmmm..........

Expect Goodwin in the centres to start with alien.

I think you got it right here--Goodwin to start in the centres with ALIEN!!

I said earlier that we would find it hard to find a 3/4 who would be jumping out of his skin to play under Maguire--I still reckon that's a factor!

Last edited:

alien

Referee
Chrighton is not a centre he's a 2nd rower or even lock
IMO only nowhere near enough speed to be a threat at centre watch youtube

i have. he looks fairly quick. he looks a bit bigger than goodwin and will probably get even bigger considering he only turns 20 next year. i reckon he would be a bigger handful for the opposition defense out wide than gray or goodwin. he could be a very good second rower too. i look forward to watching him in the pre season games, and oldfield too. i think oldfield might surprise a few people. hopefully they both play in the nines

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think you got it right here--Goodwin to start in the centres with ALIEN!!

I said earlier that we would find it hard to find a 3/4 who would be jumping out of his skin to play under Maguire--I still reckon that's a factor!

Yep, great minds think alike.

Cmon alien we both want you in the centres. Get on the wing if you don't fancy centre:lol:

alien

Referee
Don't bother mate. The trolls are out!!!

Broncos4life is out to cause trouble!!!!

It will be funny if Brisbane don't win the comp in 2016!!!!!

i don't watch a lot of union, so i might be mistaken with the positions, but my understanding of the 2 centres in union is that one is the "inside centre" and the other is the "outside centre", and that the outside centre is the one just inside the winger (like a centre in league), and the inside centre is the player one in from that

alien

Referee
I didn't even mention Auva'a mate--you haven't made the transition from green tea to vino,have you!

no i don't drink alcohol anymore, but i do have green tea next to me on my computer desk right now (in my rabbitohs mug) and a bowl of black grapes! :cool:

doyen

Bench
no i don't drink alcohol anymore, but i do have green tea next to me on my computer desk right now (in my rabbitohs mug) and a bowl of black grapes! :cool:

Geez,I wish I had your discipline with the vino!!

It's a scourge & I know it!!

Are you set up with the electric jug nearby & the bar fridge with the grapes within arm's reach??

You seem like a highly organised individual.

Alien yep see exactly your point on chrichton being good out wide big body at speed power runner like Somi,also the other type of centre ,a strike player super fast and elusive great ball skills but mainly a running back and looking forward to seeing old field on a wing as well yep Crichton a lot bigger than Goodwin and gray more like Sutton

alien

Referee
Geez,I wish I had your discipline with the vino!!

It's a scourge & I know it!!

Are you set up with the electric jug nearby & the bar fridge with the grapes within arm's reach??

You seem like a highly organised individual.

no i go into the kitchen for that

alien

Referee
So did Sam Burgess

sam played inside centre though, didn't he? if my understanding of that position is correct, it's like a wide running second rower in league (with good ball skills and maybe a bit of a kicking game), so someone like sutton would be alright at it too. i know crichton played alot of inside centre in union, and i think he could be a good second rower in league, but i thought he played some outside centre in union too

Rabbits20

Immortal
Angus 102kgs 187cm
Bryson 98kgs 186cm
Aaron 92kgs 181cm
Or something around that per profiles pages

What's your opinion on Crichton at centre BR???? Sorry if you already said and I missed it.

I'd have him in the second row if required.

If needed at centre I guess he can play their too. It's handy he can cover 2 positions I guess.

doyen

Bench
Why weren't STHS able to sign Roberts???

They offered,apparently,a lot more money.

Yet he chose to go to the BRONCOS to play under Bennett.

Jeremy Donovan said he felt more at ease at the Broncs where Bennett is going to give him a free rein to weave his own magic;ala Steve Renouf!!

He wouldn't have had that freedom under MAJ & I reckon that's played a significant part in his decision to reject us.

Last edited:

Galeforce

Bench
Why weren't STHS able to sign Roberts???

They offered,apparently,a lot more money.

Yet he chose to go to the BRONCOS to play under Bennett.

Jeremy Donovan said he felt more at ease at the Broncs where Bennett is going to give him a free rein to weave his own magic;ala Steve Renouf!!

He wouldn't have had that freedom under MAJ & I reckon that's played a significant part in his decision to reject us.

Please , I get the drift you are concerned about Madge approach and mention this more than once.Your opinion and you are welcome to it , However , on Roberts

1) the decision was Sydney vs Brisbane , which in my view is a major lifestyle choice and with new family in process , a key decision for Roberts and his young wife.As he now lives up there , i can understand why staying there if he is settled was easier choice at the moment.

2) Roberts already decided , if he came back to Sydney , it would be with Souths. So this gets rid of your Madge ideas.

3) who says Souths offered more than Brisbane ? You believe the Brisbane spin ? come on , we will have NO idea how much was really offered by either club when you consider the sneaky TPA. So do not make statements you cannot prove.

4) Even if Souths and Brisbane offer was the same $$ wise , Sydney is a much more expensive city to live in due to housing costs alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.