What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetRider

Juniors
Why are we still talking about this? Let's focus on our team for next year and as it stands it will be a tough year for us but it also provides a number of opportunities for our younger players. I think we will be surprised by how good the team will go.

Galeforce

Bench
What's your opinion on Crichton at centre BR???? Sorry if you already said and I missed it.

I'd have him in the second row if required.

If needed at centre I guess he can play their too. It's handy he can cover 2 positions I guess.

Crichton , depends on SPEED/defence and passing game.Bench / back row appears the most likely unless he really kills it during offseason and burns the other centre potentials.

I am concerned on Gray , he still has his knee heavily strapped , so i will not consider his form/potential until he has a lengthy period with no knee strapping.Therefore I am Not counting on him for 2016 at this time.

Goodwin may start , however if we are going to be premiers , he should lose his position to a better centre.

Hunt is the one i am counting on. He is a centre and big boy and has had tasted first grade with Storm who appeared to have dumped him. Given he was hotly chased by many clubs when he was with the Titans , the potential must be there , so hoping it surfaces with us.He has as much potential as Olive based on junior history , is bigger , and Olive looked a dud on his one game in top grade with us. Most folks discount that form for Olive , so I would like to be optimistic on Hunt as well.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Why weren't STHS able to sign Roberts???

They offered,apparently,a lot more money.

Yet he chose to go to the BRONCOS to play under Bennett.

Jeremy Donovan said he felt more at ease at the Broncs where Bennett is going to give him a free rein to weave his own magic;ala Steve Renouf!!

He wouldn't have had that freedom under MAJ & I reckon that's played a significant part in his decision to reject us.

Doyen I can't argue there.

I see what you mean.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Why are we still talking about this? Let's focus on our team for next year and as it stands it will be a tough year for us but it also provides a number of opportunities for our younger players. I think we will be surprised by how good the team will go.

I don't think it'll be as tough as you think.

I see us making the 8 but not the 4.

At the end of your post good to see your optimism.

I expect Crichton and Musgrove to step up.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Crichton , depends on SPEED/defence and passing game.Bench / back row appears the most likely unless he really kills it during offseason and burns the other centre potentials.

I am concerned on Gray , he still has his knee heavily strapped , so i will not consider his form/potential until he has a lengthy period with no knee strapping.Therefore I am Not counting on him for 2016 at this time.

Goodwin may start , however if we are going to be premiers , he should lose his position to a better centre.

Hunt is the one i am counting on. He is a centre and big boy and has had tasted first grade with Storm who appeared to have dumped him. Given he was hotly chased by many clubs when he was with the Titans , the potential must be there , so hoping it surfaces with us.He has as much potential as Olive based on junior history , is bigger , and Olive looked a dud on his one game in top grade with us. Most folks discount that form for Olive , so I would like to be optimistic on Hunt as well.

Sorry mate are you talking about Aaron??? If so its a shame!!!

I don't think Hymel Hunt is up to it tbh. If proven wrong I'll own up to it. I'd be happy to be proven wrong actually re Hymel:lol:

Maybe Cody could play centre come mid next season. I think he'd go well there.

Madge may stick with Goodwin, time will tell.

Imo Hunt is a better choice than Olive. Olive will struggle in defence.

I'm happy with our side for next year overall but a bit concerned about the depth in our backs.

Hey r20 Crichton I feel will be in the forwards and may cover in the centres from time to time problem is bigger guys get stood up by all the fast guys out wide and most teams have super quick centres now

Rsag85 do you think Jamal will be able to cope with Madges hard training with his not so fit and strong body and mind?
Copley is out injured more often than not and has been rarely on the paddock for long lengths with the Broncs

Rsag85

Bench
Rsag85 do you think Jamal will be able to cope with Madges hard training with his not so fit and strong body and mind?
Copley is out injured more often than not and has been rarely on the paddock for long lengths with the Broncs

Maybe that's what Idris needs a coach like Madge to get him into shape and become the centre he should be. Doesn't Gray have injury problems too?

I wouldn't mind idris tbh if madge got him fit and strong mentally would be hard to stop out wide as seen previously we need someone mate don't we
I can't understand madge sometimes like why we didn't go after Lafai has got me bewildered big strong fast great defender good under high ball and goes bloody hard

I think we should try for Brenton Lawrence if a decent price was fantastic last year and would help out Sam and his brothers up the middle

doyen

Bench

Idris is a free spirit & therefore he would clash with Maj's strict & structured approach.

I'd be very surprised if he considered STHS ie. unless the $$$$$ were pretty big!

Copley has only played a handful of games in a long time at the Broncos---he is not all that an attractive proposition!

doyen

Bench
I wouldn't mind idris tbh if madge got him fit and strong mentally would be hard to stop out wide as seen previously we need someone mate don't we
I can't understand madge sometimes like why we didn't go after Lafai has got me bewildered big strong fast great defender good under high ball and goes bloody hard

Sths,in hindsight,have played their cards very badly,I reckon!

Thanks Doyen spewing Lawrence is a goer bloody roosters ....
I swear souths are so far behind every other team in regards to spotting and recruiting talent on a regular basis .... One of Madges weak points in my opinion tbh

doyen

Bench
Maybe that's what Idris needs a coach like Madge to get him into shape and become the centre he should be. Doesn't Gray have injury problems too?

Idris has an aversion to that approach----as do a lot of players!!

doyen

Bench
Thanks Doyen spewing Lawrence is a goer bloody roosters ....
I swear souths are so far behind every other team in regards to spotting and recruiting talent on a regular basis .... One of Madges weak points in my opinion tbh

Lawrence may still be with Manly--I read on LU somewhere that he had signed with the Roosters!

Apparently,when fit,he was the fastest player at Manly over 40ms.

handyman2190

Bench
All the money we have was for walkers position unless grant goes and frees up 200/250, so unless he does go we shouldnt waste money on overage forwards who either havent played a season or who cant play big minutes, that june 30 cutout still applies so we should pay and get grevs to renege on the panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts