What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

alien

Referee
The Wests Tigers also need to shed players before the season starts. NRL cap auditors have begun club inspections, ensuring a rush of market activity in the coming weeks.

in the courier mail as well

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s/news-story/83b723785ef82b333ee7546829cabb4b

we should sign tedesco! play him in the centres (until GI leaves)

p.s. i'm unable to read that article. it says that subscribe stuff. can someone cut and paste the words onto here please?

Last edited:

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
rabbits20 calm down mate you better have some amazing rabbit tea before you burst a bunny brain cell nothing is happening all the boys are training ive seen them and they are all happy so please just put your mind at rest whilst sipping on that amazing rabbit tea it will bring your blood pressure down mate.

alien

Referee
rabbits20 calm down mate you better have some amazing rabbit tea before you burst a bunny brain cell nothing is happening all the boys are training ive seen them and they are all happy so please just put your mind at rest whilst sipping on that amazing rabbit tea it will bring your blood pressure down mate.

do they sell that "amazing rabbit tea" at "the rabbit hole tea bar" in redfern??? :)

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
images

Rsag85

Bench
Reynolds won't be let go. Keary comes off contract first. He's more likely to leave cause I can't see us giving him 500k next year. I reckon we should have a crack at Corey Norman if Cody Walker doesn't work out (Hoping he does though) and then upgrade Reynolds significantly.

Rumour is Keary might sign with the Titans next year

Rsag85

Bench
we should sign tedesco! play him in the centres (until GI leaves)

p.s. i'm unable to read that article. it says that subscribe stuff. can someone cut and paste the words onto here please?

Dale Copley?s Roosters deal to trigger more NRL off-season player transfers
January 17, 2016 12:00am
CHRIS GARRYThe Sunday Mail (Qld)

THE Sydney Roosters signed Broncos centre Dale Copley, but the NRL?s off-season player transfer merry-go-round is nowhere near stopping.

Copley?s move will not be the last in a hectic off-season, with the Gold Coast, Canberra and Parramatta all to announce new signings in the next fortnight.

Copley told Broncos teammates yesterday that he was Roosters bound, thanking them for their friendship.

The 24-year-old leaves Brisbane after more than a decade with the club, where he began training at 13.

Copley is one of the most popular players at Red Hill, a humble and intelligent player who the Broncos rated so highly they considered him a future captaincy option.

He will join the Roosters next week for training.

EXCLUSIVE: Roosters land Bronco Dale Copley

This means the Roosters will need to offload either Michael Jennings or Shaun Kenny-Dowall, who faces court next month.

The Broncos had to shift Copley after signing star centre James Roberts, who will play in the right centre position earmarked for Copley that was left vacant by Justin Hodges.

Copley will likely replace Jennings on the Roosters? left edge, with the Test centre close to a deal with the Eels.

The Roosters are expected to make an announcement on Copley?s signature on Monday.

Dale Copley is leaving the Broncos to join the Roosters. Picture: Annette Dew
Copley was on close to $400,000 at the Broncos, and Brisbane will pay some of his wage to play at the Roosters.

Copley played 72 games for Brisbane since debuting in 2009 and his departure has upset some players who, if they didn?t realise it before now, know they can be tapped on the shoulder at any moment.

The Titans should have been able to snare Copley, but they would have needed to pay more than the Roosters offered and they were never prepared to do so.

The Titans are in the hunt for unwanted Canterbury prop Lloyd Perrett but the Raiders are battling for his signature too.

Lloyd Perrett is in the sights of the Titans and Raiders. Picture: Gregg Porteous
Perrett is an impressive 21-year-old prop, who was last week named in Kevin Walters? Queensland Emerging Origin squad. But the Dogs are being forced to move him on because of salary-cap pressure.

The Raiders are desperate for a prop and have agreed to terms with Eels front-rower Junior Paulo for 2017.

They still need a 2016 prop though and if they can?t get Paulo to come a year early they could get Perrett. That may depend on whether Parramatta need to release players to create cap space for Jennings.

The Wests Tigers also need to shed players before the season starts. NRL cap auditors have begun club inspections, ensuring a rush of market activity in the coming weeks.

handyman2190

Bench
Rumour is Keary might sign with the Titans next year

Good ridance he has been holding us to ransom since he got into first grade refusing to sign more than a year so he can cash in quick and honestly he aint that great i say cut him loose, i sure as hell wouldnt cry myself to sleep

handyman2190

Bench
What id like to know is why we havent approached the 2 paulis we have shifted mcquuen and grant 1 of the paulis would be great our great recruitment shines again Lol

Rabbits20

Immortal
Souths cannot stand in the way of Goodwin's happiness. They must release him if this 400K offer from the Titans is true

Sio strikes me as a player who would improve under Maguire's coaching. Would be a good signing and better than Goodwin

Disagree re Sio.

Sio isn't the answer.

Rabbits20

Immortal
:-s so why the heck did they just sign tim grant???

They're stupid:lol: That's why!!!!!

I want Simona alien!!!!!!!

HELLO SOUTHS RECRUITMENT MANAGER, ARE YOU AWAKE????????? WE NEED A CENTRE.

TIME FOR YOU TO PULL YOUR FINGER OUT AND SIGN UP SIMONA!!!!!

NOT SIO PLEASE, I REPEAT WE NEED SIMONA!!!!!'

Rabbits20

Immortal
Reynolds won't be let go. Keary comes off contract first. He's more likely to leave cause I can't see us giving him 500k next year. I reckon we should have a crack at Corey Norman if Cody Walker doesn't work out (Hoping he does though) and then upgrade Reynolds significantly.

With the way things are going who knows???

We have to keep Reynolds though.

Rabbits20

Immortal

No, no, no, no, no shadow!!!!!!!!

This is no time for tea talk or whatever you're rambling on about.

It's time to face reality here mate.

The boys are happy:roll: there is is more going on I reckon.

I have confidence in Sam though. He must deliver!!!!!!!

I am just fired up shadow as we can't lose anyone else.

Or do you want all the duds and juniors running around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that what you want shadow????? You want a side full of fringe first graders and inexperienced youngsters????!

Time to show your passion shadow and not shy away sipping on tea or whatever else!!!!!!!!!

I hope that speech Crowe made works!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
do they sell that "amazing rabbit tea" at "the rabbit hole tea bar" in redfern??? :)

I see the word hole in your thread.

If we release Goodwin and don't get a replacement our backline could be a hole with an injury or 2 in the backs.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Good ridance he has been holding us to ransom since he got into first grade refusing to sign more than a year so he can cash in quick and honestly he aint that great i say cut him loose, i sure as hell wouldnt cry myself to sleep

Couldn't have said it any better.

If he goes there and announces he's leaving mid season then bring up Cody I say.

Rabbits20

Immortal
What id like to know is why we havent approached the 2 paulis we have shifted mcquuen and grant 1 of the paulis would be great our great recruitment shines again Lol

Exactly!!!!!!

Can't say I'm shocked though.

We can't seem to sign players.

We are missing a quality centre, quality winger and a quality second rower like Te'o.

If you asked me to pick 1 at this stage I'd say give me a top quality winger or centre. That's as A. Gray is injury prone and Oldfield and Hunt are unknowns as to how they go week in and week out.

Also as we lose GI around origin too.

doyen

Bench
Disagree re Sio.

Sio isn't the answer.

I don't know about Maguire??!

Nearly all of the backs we have are probably considering their options for the future,except maybe GI. He is happy--$800+ K of happiness.

No decent back has been jumping out of his skin to come & play with us.

As a back at Sths I would think your game would be more likely stifled in the backline.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I don't know about Maguire??!

Nearly all of the backs we have are probably considering their options for the future,except maybe GI. He is happy--$800+ K of happiness.

No decent back has been jumping out of his skin to come & play with us.

As a back at Sths I would think your game would be more likely stifled in the backline.

Auva'a seems happy as the club showed faith in him.

A. Gray has a dodgy knee so it's best he isn't too involved.

Doyen I think our recruitment manager isn't doing his job properly. That is what the problem is.

I'd say to the Titans you're getting Olive for 2017 so we will give him to you a year early and you can bugger off now. I wouldn't let them take an experienced first grader who is solid like Goodwin.

If that happened here are our options/depth:

GI
AJ
Goodwin
Auva'a
A. Gray

Oldfield
Hunt
Sio (if signed for depth/injuries)
Goolagong (if needed play him for a couple of matches)
Crichton (if we are desperate)
Turner (if we are desperate)

handyman2190

Bench
Ken sio is a good player i was hopeing we would get him before he left for uk if we get him now i would be happy but i think its all talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts