What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

doyen

Bench
Has it been confirmed that they are leaving at years end?

Lord knows!

From what I can glean they are both off to other clubs.

If that's the case I would give opportunities to those who are committed to Sths longer term.

Carter jumps ahead of Grevs for a more permanent spot in the top 17; as do the other forwards in our squad for that matter.eg.Crichton,Brown.

Results
League Home

LEAGUE

Bunnies star storms out of drinking session after Russell Crowe tirade

January 19, 2016 3:14am EST January 19, 2016 3:13am EST

LEAGUE

Tweet
Email

bunnies_mjzdy1nr4vi61t2etjehresjm.png

By Mick Stirling

Updated at 3:14 a.m. ET
A Rabbitohs bonding session has descended into turmoil after owner Russell Crowe unleashed a tirade against his players, forcing five-eighth Luke Keary to storm out after he copped special treatment from the Hollywood star.
MORE: New captain of Indigenous All Stars named

Seven News are reporting that Crowe invited the playing squad to his property near Coffs Harbour, before ripping into a number of players that he considered as underperforming during the 2016 season.
"Off-contract five-eighth Luke Keary stormed out of a drinking session after he was berated in front of teammates," Seven reporter Josh Massoud said.
"The rant earned a resounding thumbs down, Keary stormed out in disgust as Crowe continued to berate the team's performance last season, reserving his lone praise for the Burgess brothers."
These explosive revelations come at a bad time for the Bunnies, who will soon be entering into contract negotiations with their off-contract five-eighth, who has already attracted plenty of interest from rival clubs.
The drama adds to speculation that there is tension at the club, after reports of a rift between the playing group and coach Michael Maguire over the previous season.

http://www.nospam47.com/league-news...r-russell-crowe-tirade-south-sydney-rabbitohs

alien

Referee
Lord knows!

From what I can glean they are both off to other clubs.

If that's the case I would give opportunities to those who are committed to Sths longer term.

Carter jumps ahead of Grevs for a more permanent spot in the top 17; as do the other forwards in our squad for that matter.eg.Crichton,Brown.

a player being committed to souths to me is playing them playing their best, or at least trying to play their best, whilst in souths colours. most players in the nrl would go to a different club if offered double the salary. that's how it is these days with big money. if madge only selected players who wouldn't leave for a lot more money, then most of the players wouldn't be selected and we wouldn't get anywhere

alien

Referee
just on that article about rusty laying into keary and other players, gee i know he is part owner, but that is the role of the coach. i wonder what madge thought about it..

handyman2190

Bench
just on that article about rusty laying into keary and other players, gee i know he is part owner, but that is the role of the coach. i wonder what madge thought about it..

I think madge would have loved it, it seems he has been under seige from a few players probably talking to media on the sly rumour mongering rusty was just supporting our coach and putting the message out that no one or two players are more important than the club, good on him a concerted push by management against all the bullshit

doyen

Bench
a player being committed to souths to me is playing them playing their best, or at least trying to play their best, whilst in souths colours. most players in the nrl would go to a different club if offered double the salary. that's how it is these days with big money. if madge only selected players who wouldn't leave for a lot more money, then most of the players wouldn't be selected and we wouldn't get anywhere

I think Carter has a lot more going for him than Grevs--plus he is on our books--not signed for the opposition at Penrith--therefore he should get preference,IMO!!

The way players are walking out on Sths though,I suppose Carter could fly the coop too!!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Goodwin is a good example of trying his best. He tries his guts out to do our Jersey proud.

Obviously Sutto is a great example of committment to Souths:)

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think madge would have loved it, it seems he has been under seige from a few players probably talking to media on the sly rumour mongering rusty was just supporting our coach and putting the message out that no one or two players are more important than the club, good on him a concerted push by management against all the bullshit

Alien I disagree with you on this one.

I agree with handyman completely.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think Carter has a lot more going for him than Grevs--plus he is on our books--not signed for the opposition at Penrith--therefore he should get preference,IMO!!

The way players are walking out on Sths though,I suppose Carter could fly the coop too!!

Carter is off contract at the end of 2016 doyen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts