What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Rumours

Hopoate to the Bulldogs
Lafai to the Dragons
Walker to the Sea eagles
McQueen to the Titans
Hiku to the Rabbitohs
Roberts to remain at the Titans

Mate that's the most sensible list of rumours in a long time.

I'd take Hiku of course but I worry about his defence.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Only one problem with that Hiku is a hopeless defender,check this years stats he missed the most tackles by a long way out of all the Manly team,Can this be fixed or coached out as he's no good to us like that we already gave Reddy the boot for useless defence

However Reddy was hopeless at most things.

There is lots of positives with Hiku but question marks over his defence.

Rabbits20

Immortal
If you look closely at the program you will find Keary played 5/8!!!

When Koroisau went off for a rest Keary went to hooker and Sutton went to 5/8 for 20mins.

Sutton did a very good job too in those 20mins and remained composed.

doyen

Bench
When Koroisau went off for a rest Keary went to hooker and Sutton went to 5/8 for 20mins.

Sutton did a very good job too in those 20mins and remained composed.

I still say;look at the program!!

The fact is that JS has never ever been a 5/8!!

I think JS is a classy player but I always felt so sorry for the poor bugger being stuck at 5/8 & really having no equipment for that posse!! I was embarrased for JS there & I reckon he probably was too.
Could never understand why they persisted with him there for soooooooooo long!

BTW,there's no such thing as a hooker today!

Last edited:
Rabbitohs Support Thomas Burgess’ Skill Development

Member Release
Fri 4th December, 11:00AM
A A http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/_jcr_content/par/newslist_95ce.rss

1449185567841.jpg

The South Sydney Rabbitohs can confirm that Thomas Burgess has been given the opportunity to develop his skills by participating in NFL training during his off-season break.
The Rabbitohs value Thomas’ desire to be the best professional athlete he can be and support his endeavour.
Rabbitohs Head Coach, Michael Maguire and Thomas had discussed ways to better Burgess’ speed, strength and agility, and are confident that the experience will be beneficial.
“We’re fully supportive of our players trying to improve themselves,” said Maguire.
“This will provide a unique and valuable experience for Thomas, one that he will no doubt learn a lot from and in turn be able to bring back to the Rabbitohs for the coming season.”
The Club can confirm that Thomas Burgess is contracted to the Rabbitohs until the end of the 2018 season.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2015/12/04/rabbitohs_support_th.html

doyen

Bench
I would prefer Roberts I think.

I'd prefer Roberts for sure----he's heading towards becoming one of the very best players in the NRL.
Lafai's a good player but nowhere near the explosive attacking ability of Roberts.

Can we really squeeze in either of these players though for 2016???? I thought we had significant trouble already with our salary cap!

Bugs buddy where do you get your info from ,that's fantastic news if Lafai has signed but this is after all a rumour thread soooo,, let's just say as we all know a thousand different statements on players joining us have appeared on these threads and maybe 1 has been true ( Sam coming back )

NFL training may help big Tommy to actually hang onto the ball when needed but I can also see that there may be more to this as he has stated public ally his desire for changing to NFL let's see how it plays out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts