What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Sths went in that night in Rd.23 up on the Cowboy's home ground knowing that they had to play with some flair & more open style to have any chance at all--& they did!!

It worked a treat. It's a pity they didn't have that mindset more often. Then they amazingly dropped away from that form within a week. GI was in top form at that stage.

When do we hear about signing Sam,Teo ,Taupau etc. it's seems to be a long time coming--it's about 2 wks since we were going to hear within one week!!

We could very well not be getting any key forward signing.

Rabbits20

Immortal
This is all interesting but--

Sths commenced last season as premiers,world champions,9s champions,one of the favourites to win the p/ship in 2015.

This favouritism was based on Sths top rated squad & what most experts saw as superior depth----the depth that holds you in good stead when injuries strike!!
I would like to stress that we supposedly had good depth to cover injury.

Excuses can be made for our failures but the facts are that we were in extra good shape compared with most other teams when the season kicked off.Especially in the depth dept!!

Injuries true,we had them--like nearly every other team. eg the Panthers!

JT was on life-support for his last couple of games but he soldiered on & won the Clive Churchill Medal.

With our squad/depth for 2015 it is very hard to make excuses for an awful season.

Especially when the for/against is a 226 turnaround from 2014[226!!!!!!!].Surely it shouldn't have been anything close to that when one considers the strength of our club.

Doyen I don't see it as an awful season like you do.

I see it as an ok season.

Rabbits20

Immortal
On talking league page on Facebook

"Just got word that the South Sydney Rabbitohs have signed a experienced Second Rower, not to sure who it is can be Tony Williams, can be Shaun Lane or someone else!"

It could be Ryan James, Anthony Tupou or hopefully Te'o.

I hope this isn't BS again!!!

doyen

Bench
Doyen I don't see it as an awful season like you do.

I see it as an ok season.

Making the finals says our season was satifactory.

The footy though,IMO,wasn't at all palatable.

I'm reluctant to pick on AR but I'm hoping for a different approach to our game.

With AR I think it will be exactly the same as this year.

To me AR's greatest asset is his goalkicking--4pts almost always to 6 is a huge bonus.

I'd love to see Walker given a few games at 5/8 in combo with Keary to see if our approach differs & is maybe better!

I think we need to experiment to find our best combos in a serious manner.

Not to just select out of loyalty!

Last edited:

Rsag85

Bench
It could be Ryan James, Anthony Tupou or hopefully Te'o.

I hope this isn't BS again!!!

I was thinking James too but the post said 2nd rower not prop and Tupou I wouldn't want any way to old and has signed with a ESL side anyway

doyen

Bench
I was thinking James too but the post said 2nd rower not prop and Tupou I wouldn't want any way to old and has signed with a ESL side anyway

I would have thought James was mainly 2nd row with prop his next posse--either suits him!

Last edited:

Rsag85

Bench
Making the finals says our season was satifactory.

The footy though,IMO,wasn't at all palatable.

I'm reluctant to pick on AR but I'm hoping for a different approach to our game.

With AR I think it will be exactly the same as this year.

To me AR's greatest asset is his goalkicking--4pts almost always to 6 is a huge bonus.

I'd love to see Walker given a few games at 5/8 in combo with Keary to see if our approach differs & is maybe better!

I think we need to experiment to find our best combos in a serious manner.

Not to just select out of loyalty!

Doyen what do you feel about our forwards? guys like Tyrell, Clark, Turner and McQueen?

doyen

Bench
Doyen what do you feel about our forwards? guys like Tyrell, Clark, Turner and McQueen?

The best player of those 4 is McQueen,IMO---I do rate him,he has the class over the others but he is not the bash & barge type--I think Madge has tightened the leash on his natural instincts & it's drained his confidence.He needs more of a free rein to get the best from him.
The others are just brainless worker bees with not much talent--Madge seems to be OK with that though!!

I think Turner is being used incorrectly too[now a tackling machine only,basically]-both he & McQueen are good utility value & can cross over to the backs in emergency.

I think Turner has more natural ability than the likes of Clarke & Tyrrell.

Rsag85

Bench
The best player of those 4 is McQueen,IMO---I do rate him,he has the class over the others but he is not the bash & barge type--I think Madge has tightened the leash on his natural instincts & it's drained his confidence.He needs more of a free rein to get the best from him.
The others are just brainless worker bees with not much talent--Madge seems to be OK with that though!!

I think Turner is being used incorrectly too[now a tackling machine only,basically]-both he & McQueen are good utility value & can cross over to the backs in emergency.

I think Turner has more natural ability than the likes of Clarke & Tyrrell.

I agree.

I think Turner should go back to the Bears the first half of next season and Clark and Tyrell should join him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts