What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

southsport

First Grade
he plays for fiji, no?

Yes.

I don't know much about him other than this that was posted on another forum:

FORMER Bulldogs and Dragons centre Daryl Millard could be the shock choice to replace suspended bad boy Kirisome Auva’a in the Souths back line next season.

Millard has just finished a sensational season with Catalans in English Super League, scoring a host of tries.

The Fiji international wants to come home and has attracted the interest of several clubs, with Souths and Cronulla leading the way.

Fast and elusive, Millard, 29, could be a handy addition to the premiers.

He made his NRL debut with the Dragons in 2006 before three seasons at the Bulldogs, where he was a regular first grader in the strong Canterbury back line.

In Europe, he has added polish to his game at Wakefield and Catalans and is regarded among the best outside backs in Super League.

doyen

Bench
Some good footage on Youtube of Millard;mostly from when he was with the Dogs & Dragons.

He looks a class player----a Fijian!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Millard would be a good signing.

Would add much needed depth to our backs.

I remember he played centre for Bulldogs. I wonder if he has played wing?

rabbitohs

Juniors
We cant keep everyone, no team can. So we should expect to lose some young players.

There is a price to success...we WILL lose some quality to poachers but we will also be able to attract quality and a lower price than if we were crap.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Not a huge fan of the idea of Millard signing but then again i was sceptical about Lote and look how that turned out. Probably won't be a world beater and probably won't play much first grade but decent for depth. Hope he proves me wrong though. I'm just excited to see the new crop coming through though, that's my favourite part of the season.

southsport

First Grade
Not a huge fan of the idea of Millard signing but then again i was sceptical about Lote and look how that turned out. Probably won't be a world beater and probably won't play much first grade but decent for depth. Hope he proves me wrong though. I'm just excited to see the new crop coming through though, that's my favourite part of the season.

Yes, it's always good to see the young blokes come through.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Yep if he signs with us it will help depth in case we get injuries. I'd expect him to maybe only play 6-8 games or there abouts.

There isn't a lot out there for backs at the moment so you have to take what you can get.

We all know Madge is very good at getting more out of a player and getting them to play at new levels to what they have in the past.

doyen

Bench
http://youtu.be/bP3LNtJPqhk

Some highlights of Millard in his earlier Dogdays!!

He's supposedly a better player now--I think he's the No.3 off-loading & giving final passes for tries!
He looks the goods to me;especially with Madge's influence.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal

He's supposedly a better player now--I think he's the No.3 off-loading & giving final passes for tries!

Yep he seems very solid to me. Made some good one on one defensive reads and cut off danger. Good in a bit of space with a good step and offload.

For the Dogs he played with Goodwin on an edge too.

I think Millard is a better player than Reddy after watching those highlights.

I hope we sign him up.

Franko

Juniors

I agree I think he would be an excellent signing and walk up starting centre with Walker.

To be completely honest I have been a bit disappointed in what I have seen in Aaron Gray playing for Norths. Hasn't really excited me at all.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I agree I think he would be an excellent signing and walk up starting centre with Walker.

To be completely honest I have been a bit disappointed in what I have seen in Aaron Gray playing for Norths. Hasn't really excited me at all.

Aaron Gray I think will play a handful of first grade games next year.

But he has had his injury concerns over past couple of years and hasnt been able to stay on the field consistently.

I think he's definitely an exciting prospect but needs some more development which Madge will work hard with him at.

Madge can really improve our young ones coming through. It will be one of his top priorities.

Galeforce

Bench
agree , Aaron's 2014 season was disrupted with injury . Fingers crossed he has a good preseason and develops on his earlier potential.

I really like the look of his younger brother Brock , he looks the goods as a strong back rower.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Rumour that Daryl Millard has been signed by Souths.

I'm quite happy with that mate. What do you think of the signing if it's true?

If Millard is signed maybe we wont have enough for Pettybourne and he would most likely go to the Tigers.

He would get more chances at Tigers considering Blair has left Tigers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts