What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
Souffs would sign the Magna Cater if they could :lol: another one of those alleged Souffs juniors you signed- mmm where is Souffs junior area again oh i forget :lol:

Last edited:

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
South Sydney Rabbitohs centre Kirisome Auva'a could be on the move from Redfern

Date October 29, 2014 - 8:00PM

• Adrian Proszenko

Chief Rugby League Reporter

1414569467974.jpg
    Free agent: Kirisome Auva'a could leave South Sydney. Photo: Getty Images

South Sydney centre Kirisome Auva'a is effectively a free agent after triggering a clause in his contract that allows him to test his market value.
    Auva'a is one of the season's most unlikely success stories, picking up a minimum-wage contract with the Rabbitohs after being deemed surplus to requirements at Cronulla. At one point Auva'a - who can bench press 150 kilograms - considered a career as a professional bodybuilder until the Rabbitohs offered him a lifeline.
    Instead, he won a premiership in his rookie NRL year, scoring the match-clinching try in his side's breakthrough grand final win against Canterbury. In the process he played his 21st NRL game, activating a clause in his Bunnies deal allowing him to exercise his options if he made more than 20 first-grade appearances. The 22-year-old retains the right to see out his two-year deal at Redfern, which will guarantee him a pay increase but is still understood to be below his market worth.
    1414569468060.jpg
    Words of encouragement: Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire. Photo: Getty Images

"He's really enjoyed his time at Souths and we do have another year there," said Auva'a's manager, Andrew Purcell. "The clause was put in to ensure he is paid his market value. We've fielded a little bit of interest. Souths have been great about the whole thing. They're in a difficult situation and are doing their best to help the young fella out by upgrading him and keeping him."
    Advertisement
    Auva'a was born in Samoa and had the opportunity to represent his country of birth, but instead pledged his allegiance to New Zealand. His omission from the Kiwis' Four Nations squad was considered a surprise and prompted the nation's former skipper, Hugh McGahan, to describe him as unlucky. Auva'a feared he would not ever get a look in when he signed for the Rabbitohs and was overlooked for the opening five rounds. However, he ended up scoring nine tries and averaging 105 run metres per game in an unforgettable start to his NRL career.
    "When I didn't get named in that round-one team I had a lot of head noise going on," Auva'a said after his grand final heroics. "[Coach Michael Maguire said] 'I believe in you, keep chipping at it and when you get a chance, don't look back'. When I got my chance in round six, well it's all history now.
    "I'm speechless, I can't put into words how I'm feeling. To win a ring in the first year along with the other rookies in our team is something special. It takes a lot of work, a lot of sacrifices and a lot of pain. And it's all worth it when you get there.
    "A lot of belief has been put into me by Madge and the coaching staff and you can't let them down when they put that much faith in you. I tried to perform every week to keep my spot."
    Veteran three-quarter Lote Tuqiri is yet to decide whether to play on, while Souths will begin their premiership defence without Ben Te'o, Beau Champion, Apisai Koroisau and Nathan Merritt. The Rabbitohs will also be without chief financial controller Joe Kelly, who replaced David Perry as the boss at Manly.

Hope he has a car for his drives to Parramatta - Parra will announce his signing in the next week - oh the rats are leaving the sinking Redfern ship already even before they hit the iceburg :lol:

Rabbits20

Immortal
So 1.1mill for Reynolds for 2016 & 2017

Also the same for Keary.

So $550 000 for a season. I know some other clubs could offer them more but those offers are great in my opinion.

I reckon they will both stay and keep getting better in their combinations. They both love Souths and the culture too.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Seeing as Reynolds grew up across the road from Redfern Oval, the fact he only ever wanted to play for Souths, Maguire believed in Adam from the beginning when he hadn't played the previous year due to his bad knee and Adam's whole family and especially his Father are so passionate about the club. I'm very very confident he will stay.

Keary I think was told by 3 previous NRL Clubs that he wouldnt make it. Souths believed in him and he's been brilliant. I'm confident he will stay too. Maguire also has fully believed in Keary.

They would both join Sutton and Issac signed until the end of 2017 as well.

doyen

Bench

Keary has almost the exact build that Thurston had when he was battling to get a run at the Bulldogs early in his career.The physical stats of the two players were practically identical ie.height & weight.And take a look at Keary's skinny legs--JT's,or what!!
At the time the critics were saying that JT was too small to hack it in the NRL.
Maybe we can hope for another JT in Keary---he's certainly showing glimpses early in his career.

southsport

First Grade
I've heard that Souths have signed Sione Masima from the sharks and Stefano Taukafa from the tigers.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Taukafas a pretty big center/winger who played in the nsw cup this year. Was decent enough, defence at center could be a bit suspect. I thought he may have got a go in first grade but both Fine and Hitchcox were preferred...although in saying that he may have gotten injured towards the end of the year..can't remember exactly although it's likely considering everyone seemed to be injured.

I thought we may have resigned him although we do have some absolute backs in the 20s. Deloiose Hoeter (winger) and Nathan Milone (center) have both been promoted to the fulltime squad whilst Marion Seve and Watson Heleta (both centers) still have a year in the 20s. Seve played in all the junior kangaroo teams with Sione Matiuatia and was the higher rated one, however he did his shoulder in round 5 of the NYC this year.

Last edited:

southsport

First Grade
Apparently on the sharks forums they think highly of Masima and were hoping he would be retained for a few years, other than that I know nothing.

Rabbits20

Immortal
So the Titans want to try and sign Keary for 3 years on 500 000 a season. Lol:D

No chance!

Also this stupid rumour of McQueen possibly going to Tigers is a load of garbage. He will definitely stay.

rabbitohs95

Bench
No way Keary will go back to the team that shunned him. He's loving his time at Souths and i think he'll stay for many years to come. Same with McQueen who's been at Souths for 6 years now.

doyen

Bench
In today's Sunday Tele it said that Sths were in danger of losing 3 of its very best juniors.These 3 are sons of ex-players.

Nat Butcher[Blake Butcher],Jaiden Brown[Darren Brown] & I think Reimis Smith,son of Tyrone Smith.
Nat Butcher,in particular,is held in very high regard & will be offered considerable money by other clubs.

Galeforce

Bench
I have seen Reimis Smith named in both Eels and Souths , Ball teams.

Have seen forum comments that Nat Butcher has been signed by Roosters. However he is also in the last list i saw for Souths Ball team for 2015.

Hopefully someone in the know can provide specific information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts