What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabbitohs95

Bench
In my opinion we should let Tuqiri, Merritt, Champion, Lowe and Picker and Hyland go.

We should sign 2 wingers/centres and a backrower or a prop

Rabbits20

Immortal
In my opinion we should let Tuqiri, Merritt, Champion, Lowe and Picker and Hyland go.

We should sign 2 wingers/centres and a backrower or a prop

I agree but I think we might keep Ben Lowe as when he comes off the bench he makes a lot of tackles. I think Lowe is a depth signing and would be pretty cheap. I would prefer Lowe over Picker.

southsport

First Grade
I am not too sure on Merritt does anyone else know? Does anyone think it is worth signing Nathan for 1 more year even if he only helps out in state of origin and plays about 6 games? if we are gonna sign Reece Robinson maybe Merritt will retire. Personally I think Merritt is past it!

I thought Max had an option for one more year if he wanted it, but I haven't heard anything further.

Zigwaa

Bench
I think Merritt still has some value.

Rumours that Beau Champion could go to Parra.

souths1908

Juniors
Possible 2015 team
1- Inglis
2- Johnston
3- Walker
4- Auva'a
5- Reddy/ Goodwin/ Robinson?
6- Keary
7- Reynolds
8- G. Burgess
9- Luke
10- Grant
11- Turner
12- Sutton
13- Stewart

14- McQueen
15- Clarke
16- Picker/ Lowe/ McInnes
17- T. Burgess

Rabbits20

Immortal
Possible 2015 team
1- Inglis
2- Johnston
3- Walker
4- Auva'a
5- Reddy/ Goodwin/ Robinson?
6- Keary
7- Reynolds
8- G. Burgess
9- Luke
10- Grant
11- Turner
12- Sutton
13- Stewart

14- McQueen
15- Clarke
16- Picker/ Lowe/ McInnes
17- T. Burgess

That looks pretty close to what we will be. I do think though that Dave Tyrell will be in the 17 possibly on the bench though if Tim Grant is starting. If Aaron Gray has a strong pre season he could come close to playing on the wing at the start of next year. Also expecting Chris Grevshmul to be close probably just outside our top 17.

rabbitohs95

Bench
That looks pretty close to what we will be. I do think though that Dave Tyrell will be in the 17 possibly on the bench though if Tim Grant is starting. If Aaron Gray has a strong pre season he could come close to playing on the wing at the start of next year. Also expecting Chris Grevshmul to be close probably just outside our top 17.

I'd like to see Gray on the wing he's stocky but tall enough and has a great leap, it's just his wing defence and speed that could be an issue.

southsport

First Grade

Agree.

Rabbitohs Agree to Terms on Contract Extension with Chris McQueen Until the End of 2016 Season

Rabbitohs Media Release
Thu 7th August, 10:00AM
A A http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/_jcr_content/par/newslist_95ce.rss

1407366414151.jpg

The South Sydney Rabbitohs are delighted to announce that State of Origin back rower Chris McQueen has agreed to terms with the Club on a contract extension until the end of the 2016 season.
McQueen, 27, has played 84 NRL matches for the Rabbitohs since making his first grade debut against the Sea Eagles in round 22, 2009. McQueen has also represented Queensland in five State of Origin matches over the past two years, and also represented the Prime Minister’s XIII against Papua New Guinea in 2011.
Rabbitohs Head Coach Michael Maguire is pleased that McQueen has committed to the Club for the next two years.
“Chris has really grown as a player and a person over the last three years and has made a solid transition from an outside back to the forward pack,” Coach Maguire said.
“I see a massive up-side in Chris and his continual growth in the forwards.
“His performances with our Club have led him to be selected to represent his state and that’s something that he and everyone at the Club are very proud of.
“We’re delighted to have agreed to terms with him on an extended contract.”
McQueen is very happy to be remaining a Rabbitoh for at least the next two years.
“Playing for South Sydney and representing the Club and the Members is something I’m very proud of and something I don’t take for granted,” McQueen said.
“I’m in a privileged position to wear the red and green on the field and I’m proud to be the 1070th player to play first grade at the Rabbitohs.
“I always wanted to remain at the Club and hopefully we can achieve our goals and earn the success that we are working so hard for.”

Biography:
Name: Chris McQueen
Date of Birth: 3 August 1987
Place of Birth: Brisbane, QLD
Position: Utility
Height: 189cm
Weight: 102kg
Junior Club: Kingaroy Red Ants
NRL Games: 84 (all for the Rabbitohs)
NRL Points: 84 (from 21 tries, all for the Rabbitohs)
NRL Debut: Rabbitohs vs Sea Eagles, Brookvale Oval, 8 August 2009 (Rd 22)
Rep Honours: Five State of Origin matches for Queensland (2013-14); one match for Prime Minister’s XIII (2011)

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/20...ris_mcqueen_until_the_end_of_2016_season.html

doyen

Bench
The rumours regards Reynolds being unhappy at Sths don't ever seem to disappear completely.
The Sharks have apparently approached his manager officially about a move for 2015.
They are supposedly prepared to offer him Carney's money ie. over $500k a season.
A story in this week's RLW-- the MOLE!!!

Glad we re-signed McQueen--he is already a star player with huge ability;& improving.

Last edited:

southsport

First Grade
The rumours regards Reynolds being unhappy at Sths don't ever seem to disappear completely.
The Sharks have apparently approached his manager officially about a move for 2015.
They are supposedly prepared to offer him Carney's money ie. over $500k a season.
A story in this week's RLW-- the MOLE!!!

Glad we re-signed McQueen--he is already a star player with huge ability;& improving.

The signing of Cody Walker could be making Adam nervous........personally, I like Adam and would like to see him stay at Souths.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Great news finally an official announcement on McQueen. Hopefully he can stay injury free and run into some great form. He is very passionate about Souths and always gives his all on the field. He definitely deserved his pay rise too.

About Adam surely he wouldn't go to the Sharks especially with the great mess they are in. Next year I think he will definitely be halfback. I just see Cody Walker as a depth signing. It surely has to be Keary and Reynolds in the halves with Sutton in the back row. Who knows if we get injuries next year could Cody Walker play in the centres? It could be a good option if needed.

The Chello

Juniors
Reynolds' form has improved with Keary alongside him. He seems more confident in his game. Keary takes the line on and is sharp in everything he does and is a tough defender. He's not afraid to bark orders which Reynolds does not do when Sutton's at 5/8. May be the making of Reynolds as a half back. Only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts