What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

doyen

Bench
Sths to chase Dane Neilsen from the Warriors--ex Storm grand final player & Qld SOO one!!
He did well in SOO but can't crack into the hot Warriors backline.

Attn--Zero Tackle.

Sths to chase Dane Neilsen from the Warriors--ex Storm grand final player & Qld SOO one!!
He did well in SOO but can't crack into the hot Warriors backline.

Attn--Zero Tackle.

He goes alright rock solid defender if for nothing else and if it's a straight swap for Champion I see an upgrade considering Dane can become a better player under Madge and potentially return to the form he was at under Bellamy plus he'd come fairly cheap.

doyen

Bench
Reece Robinson is a Sths junior,I believe,of Indigenous/Lebanese descent.He is the twin brother of the Panthers Travis Robinson.He is also related to Nathan Merritt & Anthony Mundine.
He repped for Lebanon in the World Cup.
He crossed for 4 tries for the Raiders in one game against the Cowboys.
He can play wing,fullback & centre.

Last edited:

rabbitohs95

Bench
Robinson would be good but maybe just as a decent back up. He's getting on in age i believe he's 28 next season.

I believe the club will look to buy older depth signing for the backs and develop younger players like Aaron Gray, Irae Simone and Damon Goolagong into first grade.

Te’o Heading to Ireland at Season’s End

Rabbitohs Media Release
Tue 12th August, 05:20PM A A http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/_jcr_content/par/newslist_95ce.rss

1407823113778.jpg

Rabbitohs back rower Ben Te’o has decided to switch codes at season’s end, signing a two-season deal with Irish rugby club, Leinster.
Te’o, who will play his 150th NRL game this Thursday night against his former Club, the Brisbane Broncos, has decided that a change of codes and country is needed for his next challenge.
Te’o, who joined the Rabbitohs in 2013 after stints with the Broncos and the Wests Tigers, said his focus remains completely on season 2014 and his efforts for the South Sydney team.
“I didn’t rush in making my decision on my next career move, and I’m looking forward to the challenge of making the transition to a sport I played as a kid and living in a new country once this season is over,” Te’o said.
“My whole focus and all of my efforts are about the South Sydney Rabbitohs and in particular this Thursday night’s game against the Broncos.
“I have made a lot of great friends here at Souths and really value my team mates, Michael Maguire and the coaching staff, the Club and the Members, but it was time for me to make a change and that is something for me to look forward to later in the year.
“I want to particularly thank the Members of the Rabbitohs for taking me in as one of their own and helping me feel the South Sydney spirit over the past two years.
“We have a big job in front of us still and our next assignment is on Thursday night.
“To be able to celebrate my 150th NRL game in a South Sydney jersey is something very special and I can’t wait for that to happen.”

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2014/08/12/te_o_heading_to_ireland_at_season_s_end.html

The Chello

Juniors
He was back to his best last week and should be ready to shine in front of his ex-team mates. Sad to see him go but wish him the best in his endeavours.

Rabbits20

Immortal
He was back to his best last week and should be ready to shine in front of his ex-team mates. Sad to see him go but wish him the best in his endeavours.
Ben had a cracking game last week he was back to his best. l think he will go well tomorrow as well. Now his future is sorted lets hope he continues to play his best. We will definitely miss his defence next year for sure!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Just when you think Te'o might knuckle down and stop the silly little things in his game he disappoints. He is starting to become like a Dave Taylor signing in my opinion. There signings promised a lot but both have been ordinary. I think Te'o has had his mind on Leinster for a while and it's affected his performance.

I just hope the signing of Glenn Stewart on high money doesn't come back to bite us next year.

southsport

First Grade
Just when you think Te'o might knuckle down and stop the silly little things in his game he disappoints. He is starting to become like a Dave Taylor signing in my opinion. There signings promised a lot but both have been ordinary. I think Te'o has had his mind on Leinster for a while and it's affected his performance.

I just hope the signing of Glenn Stewart on high money doesn't come back to bite us next year.

Some people like Te'os work rate in defence, but to me what good work he does is being off-set by the negative stuff, best that he is moving on next year.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Some people like Te'os work rate in defence, but to me what good work he does is being off-set by the negative stuff, best that he is moving on next year.

Yep that's right. Even if Te'o is available for finals I think Madge will only use him off the bench. He doesn't deserve a starting place unless we get some injuries. Personally I would rather have had McQueen starting. We still have Turner, Sutton and Sam as well so we have good depth.

southsport

First Grade
For the love of god i hope Glenn is fit and ready to play by Round 1 2015, but i have a bad feeling we may see a repeat of Rhys Wesser.

I'm worried that he'll sustain a career ending injury in his first game and that Souths will have to honour his contract.

southsport

First Grade
Suggestions that Glen Stewart may play this weekend, which would put an end to the career ending injury rumour.

souths_pride

Juniors
I'm worried that he'll sustain a career ending injury in his first game and that Souths will have to honour his contract.
The thing that reassures me is that Michael Maguire is not an idiot and that he would have known, like everyone else, that Glenn Stewart is injury prone. The other thing to consider is, that Madge is an ex-strength and conditioning coach so there is a pretty good chance that he will have Stewart on some sort of special training program that will help manage his injuries and keep him on the park.

southsport

First Grade
The thing that reassures me is that Michael Maguire is not an idiot and that he would have known, like everyone else, that Glenn Stewart is injury prone. The other thing to consider is, that Madge is an ex-strength and conditioning coach so there is a pretty good chance that he will have Stewart on some sort of special training program that will help manage his injuries and keep him on the park.

That's true, I wouldn't expect Madge to make a rash decision.

Galeforce

Bench
pity we missed out on Tariq sims/Fifita. we do need a bend it type/hard tackling second rower for next year.
with sam and teo going our remaining second rowers are hard workers , however NOT bend it types.
Must be Madge's major mission for next to ensure we have a more balanced side.
Cowboys' Taumamolo would be perfect also however he is contracted until end of 2015.diddo Bryce Cartwright who would be top of my shopping list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts