What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbits20

Immortal
From what I have researched Nicholls is a player who can be relied on to do a team job--as Madge likes it.A solid performer.

He is one of the more highly regarded players in the second tier comp being Capt.of the NSW Cup Team of the Year in 2013 & 1/2 for the NSW Resident's that defeated Qld.

Madge would be reluctant to remove Keary from 5/8 & therefore may just want a good,reliable stopgap until AR returns.

I think Madge,however, will quite probably take a retrograde step to JS to see how it goes.This would be a poor choice,IMO.

Sths have developed a different,& better attacking style of game since JS returned to the forwards & JS has contributed well in this reform.

Maybe the choice of a genuine half like Nicholls will be best in the long run!!

Souths were frantic in attack last night which won't work out.

Imo the calming and steadying influence of Sutto is what we need. Others I was talking too at the game last night said this too.

Sutto can help us build pressure with the way he controls things. I don't mind if our attack is a bit boring with Sutto at 5/8 as long as we regularly keep getting the 2 points.

It's a long season Doyen and sometimes the team will play boring one out footy. With our completion rates down this year I expect Madge to want them to go back to that style next week anyway.

The way they've played the last 3 weeks Madge will want them to go back too basics of grinding out games and staying patient plus not giving penalties away.

doyen

Bench
Souths were frantic in attack last night which won't work out.

Imo the calming and steadying influence of Sutto is what we need. Others I was talking too at the game last night said this too.

Sutto can help us build pressure with the way he controls things. I don't mind if our attack is a bit boring with Sutto at 5/8 as long as we regularly keep getting the 2 points.

It's a long season Doyen and sometimes the team will play boring one out footy. With our completion rates down this year I expect Madge to want them to go back to that style next week anyway.

The way they've played the last 3 weeks Madge will want them to go back too basics of grinding out games and staying patient plus not giving penalties away.

Let's hope that young,quick & strong players,like BIRD of the Sharks, don't make JS seem like he's standing still!!

Sths are in a halves quandary at the moment as Keary should most definitely be at 5/8--Stewart is not much better than JS.We need a genuine half to fill the breech left by AR!!

Last edited:

rabbitohs95

Bench
So far from this year I don't think we should re-sign Reddy, Lowe or Millard.

Goodwin could be resigned for cheap but should be used for depth.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Where'd you get the Bears lineup Port?

Edit; just looked up the Bears website.

Cody Walker named at fullback, assuming that Taukafa is injured.

Is Cody allowed to play for Norths???

I thought he wasn't.

Maybe it's a typo on their website?

Rabbits20

Immortal
So far from this year I don't think we should re-sign Reddy, Lowe or Millard.

Goodwin could be resigned for cheap but should be used for depth.

That's if Goodwin doesn't get a better offer elsewhere. But I agree Goodwin would be a depth signing for next year.

Lowe is cheap though as he's been with us so long. A small chance we might keep him for 1 more year for depth. Although Ben will wait until end of this year to see how his body feels I reckon.

Reddy and Millard surely won't be re-signed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Let's hope that young,quick & strong players,like BIRD of the Sharks, don't make JS seem like he's standing still!!

Sths are in a halves quandary at the moment as Keary should most definitely be at 5/8--Stewart is not much better than JS.We need a genuine half to fill the breech left by AR!!

Sutto will be rusty if he plays. But that's understandable as he hasn't played since Round 2.

When Sutto comes back it will take a couple of games to fully re adjust to going back in the halves.

Keary is better on the left side at 5/8. On the right side in Reynolds place at halfback he seemed a bit lost. It will take Keary another week or 2 to adjust playing on that right side.

Imo Stewart is worse at 6 than Sutto. Stewart in a media interview today said he didn't feel too comfortable at 6 but if Madge plays him their again for the Sharks game he said he will just have to do his best for the team.

If Sutto was asked he would say he's comfortable at 6 and looking forward to helping the team out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts